Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 32 years ago this very night………

Ezzun

May 8, 2020
In with the away fans in the East. Not 100% sure why we ended up in there, but when we equalised, it was clear there were more than a few other Brighton fans in there with us. There was half-hearted talk of repercussions from one young lad, but nothing came of it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
In with the away fans in the East. Not 100% sure why we ended up in there, but when we equalised, it was clear there were more than a few other Brighton fans in there with us. There was half-hearted talk of repercussions from one young lad, but nothing came of it.
I was in the East too that night - no idea why....one of the very few times I stood there.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
North Stand. When he came on I turned to my mate and said: "That's David Beckham. He's going to be one of England's great players, he'll marry a pop star and become one half of a style brand. He'll take a great free kick though."

(Some of you may question the veracity of that statement, so I'll admit it's not all true - I was actually on the East Terrace!)

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
North Stand. When he came on I turned to my mate and said: "That's David Beckham. He's going to be one of England's great players, he'll marry a pop star and become one half of a style brand. He'll take a great free kick though."

(Some of you may question the veracity of that statement, so I'll admit it's not all true - I was actually on the East Terrace!)
Cobblers!
I was on the East Terrace and I didn't hear anyone say that (and I had very good hearing back in the day).

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I was there in the North Stand as ever, left of the goal halfway up.

We always stood right in front of a barrier, so we knew we would never be bundled from behind but could instigate a goal-scoring bundle going down the terrace!! Happy days :) :rave: :) :rave:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
David Beckham made his Manchester United debut as a second half substitute against the Albion in the League Cup at The Goldstone.

Where in the ground did you watch it from?

I was sat in the West 👍⚽
North Stand

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
North-west terrace. Some years later I was sorting through my old programmes and came across the one for this game. I had handwritten his name as a substitute …….. and I never used to do that! Weird.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Another one for the North.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was in the south west, my usual place.

I was given 4 tickets by a mate, he got them as some kind of deal, probably not exactly kosher, knowing him.
Anyway, I went with2 United supporting mates and sold the spare to a tout for £5 more than face value.

I think it was about a fiver a ticket, so 10 quid profit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here