J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
477 minutes!

would be nice to bag one before the 23rd minute then

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
I know. And thatis why i said it was encourging you f***ing plank. Lets silence everyone who never went to Hull yesterday, and ban those who are not season ticket holders.

I've missed about 3 games since the end of 2011, so I'll pass what judgement I want thanks. 18 shots and 4 on target, suggests things haven't changed or are you saying we never knocked the ball around and gave Hull a chance to get 11 men behind the ball most of the time?

And and by the way the season is 180 minutes old. I know if hard to you to accept a 3-0 to Swindon, but it did actually happen, so trying to ignore it won't help.

I just can't even be bothered to properly answer that, you just seem like the kind of person who will never be pleased and will always find something to complain about no matter what. Carry on.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
I believe his original point was that failing to score goals isn't as big an issue as long as you don't concede any. Don't concede and worst case scenario is you draw, and away from home that is an acceptable return.

But we don't concede many anyway. The idea we could get promoted by not scoring a single goal away is ridiculous.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But we don't concede many anyway. The idea we could get promoted by not scoring a single goal away is ridiculous.

Do you honestly expect us to go the whole season without scoring away from home? Do you honestly think that's what BG meant?

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
:drama: we lose 2 games and some of you think there is a big crisis. I didn't go to Hull yesterday but am told we played well and were unlucky, not like last year when we were abject away. Just wondering if the doom mongers and moaners were at Hull themselves?

Of course they weren't at Hull, they're just f***ing keyboard warriors have not got a clue, If ya don't like it then you have an easy choice. f*** off support a another team that lives up to your expectations! Perhaps they are just lonely simple people that need to say something to get attention like naughty children.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course I don't, but it's what he said. The point is, if we don't score more away than last season, do you expect us to get promoted?

Then why argue against a point you know he wasn't making?

It's too abstract an argument to have much meaning. Goals scored isn't enough on it's own. If we concede significantly fewer away then we might not need to score more than last season.

Last season we only won ten games at home. If our away record is identical to last season, but we turn our three home losses into wins (or three draws into wins and one loss into a win, that gives us 9 more points - usually enough to get to the play offs.

Would I like us to score more away? Yes. Will it improve our chances of promotion? Only if our away defence doesn't get worse. Is it the end of our promotion chances if we don't? No. Not on its own.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Then why argue against a point you know he wasn't making?

It's too abstract an argument to have much meaning. Goals scored isn't enough on it's own. If we concede significantly fewer away then we might not need to score more than last season.

Last season we only won ten games at home. If our away record is identical to last season, but we turn our three home losses into wins (or three draws into wins and one loss into a win, that gives us 9 more points - usually enough to get to the play offs.

Would I like us to score more away? Yes. Will it improve our chances of promotion? Only if our away defence doesn't get worse. Is it the end of our promotion chances if we don't? No. Not on its own.

If I want to argue a point I will. Do I need your permission? If it wasn't such a stupid statement I wouldn't of replied to it.
The fact is if we don't score more goals away from home we won't get promoted

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes and it is something we all know and gus has said the club are trying to address so in this situation tell me what help does it give OUR CLUB to start getting on OUR current strikers backs?

Does he read NSC then? More fool any player who does. I am not sure anyone actually gets on CMS's back at matches.

The point needs to be addressed, and sooner rather than later. Gus has been saying he is trying to address it for nearly three transfer windows, and with a long line of loan deals.

Jul 13, 2012
no, I think if it went to a poll, your posts would be voted most annoying.

Probably have a chance of winning some sort of award for myopic negativity as well.

Go on then, just dont say it, do it, but you wont as you know Mr Burns talks and puts a great argument across where as people would love to have their say but are to scared too. A vote and Burney would win hands down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you honestly expect us to go the whole season without scoring away from home? Do you honestly think that's what BG meant?

Thank you Acker 79. If we score the same number away as we did last season but concede fewer we would get promoted but Gus wants us to be more consistent. As I said get the defence right first the rest will follow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you enjoy watching chess matches ?

I've seen some very entertaining chess matches:

Antonius v death
Jed Bartlett v Toby Zeigler and v Sam Seaborn (simultaneous matches)
Bart v 3 random chess players in the local park
Thoas Crown v Vicki Anderson
Ron v the MAgical Chess set.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Of course they weren't at Hull, they're just f***ing keyboard warriors have not got a clue, If ya don't like it then you have an easy choice. f*** off support a another team that lives up to your expectations! Perhaps they are just lonely simple people that need to say something to get attention like naughty children.

this!!!

people moan about JCL's and i have always thought we need new supporters, and to welcome the new fans. But if this the calibre of the fan that is coming in to our club then we have a generation that need a history lesson, to understand the plight that our club have been through.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Went to 14 away games last season & saw one win. Don't expect to see too many positive results but the dire performances & lack of goal scoring chances really hacked me off. My mates persuaded me to return this season ( I am also a season ticket holder) to the Swindon game. Our performance was pathetic with a number of players playing very poorly. I was so disgusted with Gus & all - not just the abysmal performance, but the club not apologising to us fans. The cost of travel, ticket & I had to take some time off work was over £100.00.

Have decided not to go to any further away games, until either:

1/ The club apologise to the fans for the dreadful away performances
2/ We buy/loaned a new forward
3/ New tactics are employed by the club ie more attacking
4/ Gus resigns
5/ Gus is sacked

Thank you BHA for not doing any of the above & saving me my hard earned money & not going to Hull.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

I was at Hull:wave:

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Went to 14 away games last season & saw one win. Don't expect to see too many positive results but the dire performances & lack of goal scoring chances really hacked me off. My mates persuaded me to return this season ( I am also a season ticket holder) to the Swindon game. Our performance was pathetic with a number of players playing very poorly. I was so disgusted with Gus & all - not just the abysmal performance, but the club not apologising to us fans. The cost of travel, ticket & I had to take some time off work was over £100.00.

4/ Gus resigns
5/ Gus is sacked

i tell you what, do us all a favour and don't bother (including the home games) you don't deserve to support the albion....

:wanker:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

4/ Gus resigns
5/ Gus is sacked

Thank you BHA for not doing any of the above & saving me my hard earned money & not going to Hull.

I don't expect the club to apologise for dreadful away performances. We haven't been terrible, it's just we don't appear to want to score any goals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

4/ Gus resigns
5/ Gus is sacked

Think the only one that is a possibility is No 2 no chance with all of the others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here