Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

50% of Brighton fans are gay

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
listening to radio Sussex today as they were reporting that a new MP report has highlighted homophobia is now the most prevalent form of discrimination in football.

Liz Costa was interviewed regarding her campaign to stop this problem and came out with this statement.

"we know that half our crowd is quite probably on the basis of being Brighton probably is gay"

50%!!!!!!...........really? thats quite a sweeping statement.

BBC Sussex - Sarah Gorrell, 19/09/2012 piece starts 1 hr 39 mins

listening to radio Sussex today as they were reporting that a new MP report has highlighted homophobia is now the most prevalent form of discrimination in football.

Liz Costa was interviewed regarding her campaign to stop this problem and came out with this statement.

"we know that half our crowd is quite probably on the basis of being Brighton probably is gay"

50%!!!!!!...........really? thats quite a sweeping statement.

BBC Sussex - Sarah Gorrell, 19/09/2012 piece starts 1 hr 39 mins

Only 50% - glowsticks ! :vuvu:

Dec 29, 2011
1.42 a few seconds in is the quote. I can't believe she said that I thought you were fabricated. What a stupid woman, i'd say less than 5% of the crowd is gay, if that. What an absolute hypocrite "Being Brighton 50% of people are gay, but lets stamp it out!". Jesus.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Don't worry, its only Radio Sussex, no one was listening.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
This is interesting because I've always wanted to ask what percentage of our crowds are gay.. Purely because of the opposition fans' songs etc - bit pointless if none of us are actually gay and aren't the slightest bit offended by it?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
All together now...

"Now is the time for marching. Now let your hearts be gay..."

Did Liz hear 50% of fans sing this?

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
I know the true percentage of gays, if you give me a kiss I will tell you.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm not gay. The chap in front of me ordered a pint, so he clearly wasn't gay, but the chap in front of him ordered a white wine and some fizzy water, so clearly 33.33333333333% of us are gay.

Oct 25, 2003
1) most brighton fans are born in brighton or sussex
2) the reason for brightons high gay population is that a lot of gay people MOVE to brighton......being born in brighton makes you no more or less likely to be gay than anywhere else in the country
3) we may pick up SOME gay fans who have moved to brighton, but nowhere NEAR 50%.....probably not even 5%

Oct 6, 2010
Im gay. Can't imagine we have a much more of a gay following than anyone else. I often think of those like me, from opposing clubs though, when their own fans are hurling abuse. None of which particularly offends me for the record, but I think I would feel different if it was coming from those around me. Just another reason I love being Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here