Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

80's children only.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I would like to submit that The Fall were the best band of the 1980s.

Funnily enough they were also the best band of the 1970s and the 1990s. Didn't do too badly in the 2000s either.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I bloody love the 80s.

The Cure
Talk Talk
ABC (Lexicon of Love)
Haircut 100 (Pelican West)
The Housemartins
Madness
Split Enz

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Curiosity run over my cat and killed the f****r.

:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Agree 100%, The Cult were also far and away the most under valued band of that generation, plus they actually played proper rock music with guitars, LOUD :rock:

110% agree (which you won't find surprising if you've noticed my avatar!) :thumbsup:

Sep 1, 2010
Wow, haven't come across anyone else who's even hear of "The Stupids". Great band at the time. I was quite into the 'alternative' screne, so bands like The Pixies, The Fall, Husker Du, The Lemonheads, Dinosaur Jnr come mind. However, if I had to pick just one defining band of the '80s if would probably have to be the mighty SPANDAU BALLET ! (no, seriously!)

They are still playing from what I understand! Sure they played in Brighton a few years back

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Prince and the REVOLUTION (now you can CLOSE the thread)

Dktr Faustus

Feb 14, 2012
Worthing
Killing Joke played the Angmering School summer fair around 84/85. Honestly. I was there.

I think one of the teachers had a connection to the band and they did a few numbers. That was a very bizarre day!

Wow, never knew that and I would have been there too around that time ('79-'86). You don't recall what teacher it was, do you? Killing Joke seemed to always be on C4's "The Tube" around that time although I prefered their earlier stuff more.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks x good tune x

And, on that album, for rhyming 'book' and 'cover' with 'look' and 'lover', Martin Fry deserves a (gold) medal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here