Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sad day for BHAFC

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
At the risk of repeating onesself

Forget all this bollocks about loyalty points, games attended, A&K donations, "principles" etc etc etc. The bottom line is

If you are an AMS member and you get your arse into gear, you WILL get tickets for the big games when they come along.

Anyone who isn't an AMS member, and doesn't get their arse into gear, can have absolutely NO complaints if they miss out. NONE WHATSOEVER.

Here endeth the lesson. Now can we please change the frigging subject ?

Bollocks.

the principle here is in the fact that the club have since the dawn of the AMS stated that it's AMS on a first come first served basis.

Why exactly have they changed it?

As Gerbil has pointed out if someone who is in the AMS loses out to someone who has never been before this game came up but has donated then he's got every right to be pissed off.

And what if we only got say 2,000 tickets? Would they have done the same then??

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
so what is an acceptable amount of time for an AMS member to get their app in??? 3 days?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Bollocks.

the principle here is in the fact that the club have since the dawn of the AMS stated that it's AMS on a first come first served basis.

Why exactly have they changed it?

As Gerbil has pointed out if someone who is in the AMS loses out to someone who has never been before this game came up but has donated then he's got every right to be pissed off.

And what if we only got say 2,000 tickets? Would they have done the same then??
For f*** sake.
If you are in the AMS, and you send your application off TODAY, then you are abso-frigging-lutely GUARANTEED to get a ticket. Why do we still have to have an endless 10 page debate going round and round in circles, with umpteen hypothetical situations about "what if" this and "but thats unfair on" that.

You want to go to the big games ? Join the AMS. Send off your applicaiton. Get ticket. Go to game.
ITS THAT SIMPLE.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy 10 said:
Why do we still have to have an endless 10 page debate going round and round in circles, with umpteen hypothetical situations about "what if" this and "but thats unfair on" that.
/B]

Seven pages so far you goon :p

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I would be surprised if you sent an application TODAY you will get a ticket unless it was guaranteed to arrive tomorrow:jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Popkins said:
so what is an acceptable amount of time for an AMS member to get their app in??? 3 days?
Straight away. common sense innit. The longer the AMS member fannys about, the more risk there is of missing out.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
For f*** sake.
If you are in the AMS, and you send your application off TODAY, then you are abso-frigging-lutely GUARANTEED to get a ticket. Why do we still have to have an endless 10 page debate going round and round in circles, with umpteen hypothetical situations about "what if" this and "but thats unfair on" that.

You want to go to the big games ? Join the AMS. Send off your applicaiton. Get ticket. Go to game.
ITS THAT SIMPLE.

EASY - LISTEN.

The case has ALWAYS been that if you are in the AMS then you can apply on a first come first served basis.

Somebody who is not a member could go in today and drop an application off without being a member of the AMS and there is a small chance that somebody who is AMS could miss out. So what if they apply a little later of their letter gets held up in the post they have still missed out because the club has changed the rules.

Do you not see something slightly wrong with the fact that the club has altered it's position??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am confused as to the exact nature of your rant, Chappers.

The club has 'changed a rule' about ticket application. So what? They never promised that they wouldn't. And now someone who has donated over £250 to the A&K gets a chance to buy a ticket. Yep, so far so good. It's fair to say that anyone who donates £250 is either a fan, or has a massive soft spot for the club. Having said that, if they haven't been to an away match before, where is the assumption that they are going to now? All they have is the OPPORTUNITY to buy a ticket.

Don't forget, being in the AMS never guaranteed anyone a ticket.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chappers, that chain of events is theoretically possible I suppose. But (a) its very unlikely and (b) if it did happen, its not going to affect huge swathes of loyal AMS members. You're always going to get isolated cases where someone feels hard done by for whatever reason. But in the great scheme of things though, it just ain't worth worrying about.

I am an AMS member. My application is going in the post tonight. Therefore I WILL get a ticket for Spurs. Everyone knows there will be massive demand for these tickets, so anyone who delays, for whatever reason, knows the possible consequences.

If mine gets lost in the post or delayed, well, thats life innit. Yes I'd be pissed off, but I wouldn't go moaning to anyone about how many away games I've been to, or bleating about people joining the AMS tomorrow and getting tickets. Lifes too short.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the bit above from someone who suggested that people were just joining the AMS to get a Tottenham Ticket is a tad over the top.

I assume although people are joining the AMS they would in fact go to the bottom of the pile as they appear to be bucking the system.

My main concern about all of this is that this time of the year is notorious for post getting lost...Christmas Cards etc, so hopefully everyone who posts an application will have their letters received.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Life's never too short to rant.

And Alan - They have never said that they wouldn't change the rules but have always been very quick to dismiss many ideas out of hand.

I just don't see the reason that they mentioned A&K donaters in the list of those that could apply.

Plus it's Wednesday and I felt like a little rant.

I'll crawl back into my hole....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Life's never too short to rant.

And Alan - They have never said that they wouldn't change the rules but have always been very quick to dismiss many ideas out of hand.

I just don't see the reason that they mentioned A&K donaters in the list of those that could apply.

Plus it's Wednesday and I felt like a little rant.

I'll crawl back into my hole....
You're deliberately trying to annoy Alan now.

You know DAMN WELL that there is no such word as DONATERS.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Last edited:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Chappers you have a point. But to be honest it is a very small one.

Yes, the club does say in the Club Charter that everyone applying for a ticket to an away match must be in the AMS. Perhaps they could have said when they announced A&K that donating money to A&K would automatically get them in the AMS. They didn't, but they are now effectively saying that. There are some STHs who are not AMS members because they didn't bother to return the AMS form that came with their season ticket. So should they not get a ticket also?

Yes they've moved the goalposts, but only by about 3 microns.

Club Charter:

Away Matches
• Where it is likely that the requirement for tickets will outstrip the availability, away clubs or their local police force, may make the match “all-ticket” for Brighton and Hove Albion supporters only.
All supporters wishing to purchase tickets to away matches which are “all-ticket” for Brighton supporters must be members of the Away Membership Scheme (AMS).
Away tickets are limited to one per member.
• Ticketing arrangements for all away matches are publicised on the Club’s website (www.seagulls.co.uk), in Club programmes and press releases.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Deano's Right Foot said:
Chappers you have a point. But to be honest it is a very small one.

Yes, the club does say in the Club Charter that everyone applying for a ticket to an away match must be in the AMS. Perhaps they could have said when they announced A&K that donating money to A&K would automatically get them in the AMS. They didn't, but they are now effectively saying that. There are some STHs who are not AMS members because they didn't bother to return the AMS form that came with their season ticket. So should they not get a ticket also?

Yes they've moved the goalposts, but only by about 3 microns.

Club Charter:

Away Matches
• Where it is likely that the requirement for tickets will outstrip the availability, away clubs or their local police force, may make the match “all-ticket” for Brighton and Hove Albion supporters only.
All supporters wishing to purchase tickets to away matches which are “all-ticket” for Brighton supporters must be members of the Away Membership Scheme (AMS).
Away tickets are limited to one per member.
• Ticketing arrangements for all away matches are publicised on the Club’s website (www.seagulls.co.uk), in Club programmes and press releases.

A small point yes but I still dragged it for 8 pages.

:) :)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lord Bracknell said:
Have you EVER been a season ticket holder at Withdean?

Have you EVER bought a ticket for an away game from the Club shop?

Sorry, tedebear, if the answer is NO to both of those questions, you are getting lower priority than people who can say YES to just one of the questions.

Seems fair to me..

agreed!! wholeheartedly Lord B, never said anything to the contrary - just was trying to make the point that you can't please everyone all of the time....

but then I'm an agreeable sort of bear...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here