Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins at it again

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I just can't stand the way he talks around in circles and like a motivational speaker. It does my head in, no problem with Sains but Adkins really winds me up. But then I expect Poyet winds a lot of other teams fans up as well.

Nail hit firmly on head right there

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Adkins has, on the face of it, done pretty well this season - but can SFC keep up with their own start ?

I don't think we should be bothering about it and rather more should be concentrating on our own position / performance.

Apparently Adkins and Poyet went through the coaching levels together and probably therefore respect each other as a result and I honestly don't think that we should do anything to create a rift between the mutual respect those two managers enjoy. Perhaps I am wrong.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
*yawn* this has been done to death and beyond mate, more like you're trying to reignite a long dead argument IMO and for a change I'm not about to bite but I'm sure you'll get what you're looking for elsewhere :D

I'm not trying to reignite anything, it wasn't even me that brought it up.

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus
Have to say that I read it that NA was saying that it would be everyone's cup final again this season as well.

Perhaps Bowsy boy could help us all read.

On the whole, I find the majority of Saints fans OK on this site (Obviously there is the odd exception!)

Blackadder (and Portlock Seagull), it's probably best to watch the video and listen to what he says, and you'll hear that the text is not representative of what he said....it's not even close. 2 min 31s is where he mentions it.

Out of interest, did anyone see Poyet on Football League Weekend on Sky tonight? 'Somehow Southampton are winning games'. That's more than a little bit disingenuous.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nigel Adkins has the right to say it now whereas last season he wasn't. His comments might upset Leeds fans , did you hear them singing last Friday at Donny about going up ? :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Watch the video and listen to what he says (2min 31s). Why would Leeds fans get upset?

Leeds fans consider their club to have been the biggest and best whilst in League 1 and are now the biggest and best in the Championship.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Adkins has used his experience well from his time at Scunny. His players are big, quick and fast, and in Lallana he has a real star.

He has a good budget, being able to pay Jack Cork £24k a week meant that he was always going to reject the chance to return to Burnley. The Swiss Nazi Gold legacy has not been squandered.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Adkins has used his experience well from his time at Scunny. His players are big, quick and fast, and in Lallana he has a real star.

He has a good budget, being able to pay Jack Cork £24k a week meant that he was always going to reject the chance to return to Burnley. The Swiss Nazi Gold legacy has not been squandered.

Don't be so pathetic. You sound like a pompey fan.

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus
Leeds fans consider their club to have been the biggest and best whilst in League 1 and are now the biggest and best in the Championship.

OK, I'll spell it out. Adkins didn't say anything about Saints being everyones Cup Final this season. He said we're there to be shot at. The text in the article in noway represents what he said in the video. Watch the video and listen to what he says.:facepalm:

BrightonSaint

Oct 21, 2011
OK, I'll spell it out. Adkins didn't say anything about Saints being everyones Cup Final this season. He said we're there to be shot at. The text in the article in noway represents what he said in the video. Watch the video and listen to what he says.:facepalm:
Don't go and ruin this thread with facts Chin...

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus

How do you know this then? Even if it is, that's £750k for the player, a 4 year deal on c. £1.2m, so £5.5m. He's 22 at the moment. BHA have paid £2.5m, rising to £3.25m for CMS who was 27 when he signed. Even if he's on £12k a week (I'd be sure he's on more, especially if West Ham were interested), that's £2.4m in wages.....so an outlay of £4.9m , but more likely nearer £5.65m.....at least.

As for Nazi gold, don't be such a dick

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
BBC Sport - Southampton the team to catch - Nigel Adkins

1,2,3....let the binfest begin!!

Got to say, even though he's stating the obvious, he's one smug son of a ***** isn't he? No class. Maybe this year because we're behind them, it means we're the better club and BHA are everyone's "cup final"? Or does it not work that way Nige?!

Don`t worry the physio is still watching Pardews boys scoring for fun.If you still don`t beleive me look at how well Newcastle are doing, still unbeaten i think,that`s no coincidence.Aidkins could not manage a sweet shop.:D

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Don`t worry the physio is still watching Pardews boys scoring for fun.If you still don`t beleive me look at how well Newcastle are doing, still unbeaten i think,that`s no coincidence.Aidkins could not manage a sweet shop.:D

Davis, Jos, Fox, De Ridder, Lallana, Cork, Schneiderlin, Chaplow all apart from Lallana who played against West Ham and none signed by Pardew. Eight players and not one signed by Pardew. Your comments are extremely ignorant.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How do you know this then? Even if it is, that's £750k for the player, a 4 year deal on c. £1.2m, so £5.5m. He's 22 at the moment. BHA have paid £2.5m, rising to £3.25m for CMS who was 27 when he signed. Even if he's on £12k a week (I'd be sure he's on more, especially if West Ham were interested), that's £2.4m in wages.....so an outlay of £4.9m , but more likely nearer £5.65m.....at least.

As for Nazi gold, don't be such a dick

I have a friend at Burnley so am aware of why he turned them down.

I'm praising Adkins, in case you haven't noticed. He has used the money well and Cork will have a good sell on value too, wind your neck in mate.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

They are not the physios players he inherited them all, the man that built that team is now building a better one in the Premiership

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
They are not the physios players he inherited them all, the man that built that team is now building a better one in the Premiership

Just highlighted how wrong you were. Eight players in our first team (including about 4 or 5 others in the squad) are not Pardew signings. Only a small percentage actually are.

Chin Strain

Oct 21, 2011
On the bus
I have a friend at Burnley so am aware of why he turned them down.

I'm praising Adkins, in case you haven't noticed. He has used the money well and Cork will have a good sell on value too, wind your neck in mate.

I didn't suggest that you weren't praising Adkins did I? I asked how you knew Cork was on £24k a week, pointed out the maths in comparison to CMS, and told you to stop being a knob about the Nazi gold.

So the friend at Burnley has heard it from Cork's mouth I assume? Not saying he hasn't, just asking...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here