Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's just scoring. We just never seem to be able to convert an ongoing attacking set of play into goals.

That’ll be because we do not have one banker centre forward or even close.
Fair play to maupay, for someone who can’t control a football his strike rate is pretty good.
Connolly is a vanity project that has blown up in our face.
Muzza can only play cameo roles these days.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm going to bed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Come on BL, as Sutton would say "You're BETTER than that!" Can't you see it's because Potter can't adapt his 'brand' to the players we've got. In other words, he lacks ability.

Or the players do..... we haven’t set this division alight in our previous two seasons have we ?

**** it’s just got worse 3-0

Potter out 🤔

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
wow ..goalie makes a blinding save for the second match running to deny maupay a great goal

No. It wasn't a blinding save. It was a good save, bordering on meat and veg actually because it was almost straight at him and a decent height. The power of it made it look a lot more than it was. A good effort but really, this is half the problem. We're so starved of efforts on goal when we do get one people start thinking it's always a gordon banks moment that prevents us scoring. Simply not true.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just don't get it.

We've had the majority of possession, way more attempts, and 2-0 down.

Seems to be a pattern.

Are you being sarcastic?

Possession means little in modern PL football, covered as I said earlier on 5live yesterday. There are several PL teams doing better in the table and form than us, built to mug teams on the counter. It works, fact.

What is the point of Brighton passing it around the box, when blitzed by a high press? It’s meant to draw the opposing 10 all into our half, so we can then destroy them with the wide open spaces in their half. Invariably it doesn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here