Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon Friendly

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I don't blame you one bit- what they did was a disgrace.
But seeing that stadium and the way they outplayed us, my opinion changed a bit. Obviously this won't be the case if everything with Bloom and Falmer go ahead, but a club like that does not deserve the set up they have there. We'd get 15,000 a game in that ground, where they are scraping 10,000, and most of them turn up in Man United shirts anyway.
I'm not defending them in any way by the way. I hate them, and their plastic supporters, but the way they are set up is pretty damn good for a League One side.

So if they've got such a great set up they could have started at the level AFC Wimbledon did and breezed through the leagues even quicker! No need to pinch someone elses team to shortcut at the expense of others

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gievn the choice between Wimbledon going out of business altogether and beeing bought out bya Franchise I suppose the buy out is the better of two evils. I know that they tried to move to Guildford and become Guildford Dons.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought the "real" Dons were in the Godfather trilogy :dunce:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Having spent the eveing after the game in a CAMRA GBG Pub in MK, their fans look at it a little differently to how the majority of caring football fans do on the outside. Their point of view is that withouth Koppell taking them to MK, the club would have folded, end of story, gone, impossible to sustain while playing at Selhurst, and no possibiity of ever going back to Plough Lane. By making the move to MK, the team was saved.

It was interesting to see quite a few fans there with the old Wimbledon shirts on. We even saw one guy wearing a shirt that was made up of a Wimbledon and an MK Dons shirt, spliced together diagonally, with the legends printed on the back "History never forget" and "The Future". Superwife knows a guy who was a Wimbledon supporter, and has continued to travel to MK as a STH.

There seems to be no possibility of closure for so many people on this, yet for others it has been embraced.

All those "plastic" fans at MK, why are they plastic? At least they are going to watch football. Unlike so many Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal fans who never ever go to see "their" teams. In fact, forget those fans, perhaps they can't get tickets, what about the fans of Blackburn, Man City, Fulham, Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland, Middlesborough and many others, those "fans" that don't go to watch their team, except when United come to town, leaving thousands of empty seats week in week out, that is plastic.

People have got over Arsenal moving 80 years ago or so, perhaps it will take that long.

I actively campaigned against what Koppel was doing, demos, Fans United, petitions etc, I was worried the same could happend to us while we were at Withdean with no permission for Falmer, I also watch AFC a few times each season, but for all of us, supporters of other teams, we really should get over it, it is done, and there is no going back. For the AFC fans, they will never forget, and nor should they. The people watching MK are doing just that, watching the football team that is in their town, not really fair to call them plastic.

[please note, these are my opinions, they are not wrong, I just chose to move on in this instance]

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Having spent the eveing after the game in a CAMRA GBG Pub in MK, their fans look at it a little differently to how the majority of caring football fans do on the outside. Their point of view is that withouth Koppell taking them to MK, the club would have folded, end of story, gone, impossible to sustain while playing at Selhurst, and no possibiity of ever going back to Plough Lane. By making the move to MK, the team was saved.

It was interesting to see quite a few fans there with the old Wimbledon shirts on. We even saw one guy wearing a shirt that was made up of a Wimbledon and an MK Dons shirt, spliced together diagonally, with the legends printed on the back "History never forget" and "The Future". Superwife knows a guy who was a Wimbledon supporter, and has continued to travel to MK as a STH.

There seems to be no possibility of closure for so many people on this, yet for others it has been embraced.

All those "plastic" fans at MK, why are they plastic? At least they are going to watch football. Unlike so many Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal fans who never ever go to see "their" teams. In fact, forget those fans, perhaps they can't get tickets, what about the fans of Blackburn, Man City, Fulham, Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland, Middlesborough and many others, those "fans" that don't go to watch their team, except when United come to town, leaving thousands of empty seats week in week out, that is plastic.

People have got over Arsenal moving 80 years ago or so, perhaps it will take that long.

I actively campaigned against what Koppel was doing, demos, Fans United, petitions etc, I was worried the same could happend to us while we were at Withdean with no permission for Falmer, I also watch AFC a few times each season, but for all of us, supporters of other teams, we really should get over it, it is done, and there is no going back. For the AFC fans, they will never forget, and nor should they. The people watching MK are doing just that, watching the football team that is in their town, not really fair to call them plastic.

[please note, these are my opinions, they are not wrong, I just chose to move on in this instance]

All very nice and well put, but AFC Wimbledon are the "real Dons" and by saying people go and watch them, whilst another guy sticks two different shirts together and call themself a long time football veteran is just a load of old twoddle.

It should never have happened and like Clapham said its not a case of accepting it or embracing it, it's principles and they wont get my pat on the back.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is just a nickname.

Anyway, everyone knows ABERDEEN are the proper DONS.

AFC Wimbldeon vs Brighton in a friendly. Could well be the biggest ever BINFEST.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here