Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Chelsea - will you be going / trying to go?

Will you be going or trying to go to the Chelsea friendly?

• Yep - I will try to get a ticket if I can

Votes: 74 30.5%
  • No - Covid-y stuff puts me off

Votes: 36 14.8%
  • No - I don't do friendlies

Votes: 56 23.0%
  • No - I'm otherwise engaged

Votes: 54 22.2%
  • No - I'm not a STH/1901 Club member

Votes: 23 9.5%

• Total voters

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Do we think we'll get clarification on when they want us to arrive at the ground? When things will be open, food stalls, shop and most important of all the outside bar?

Do we think they will want us there early so we can spend £££ in the outside food and beer stalls or will it be a case of not wanting folk hanging around? Personally i'd happily arrive at 12 and spend 2 hours having a quiet beer just basking in the glow of being near a football ground again, then take my seat to enjoy the warm ups as this is what I'd do normally. I get that this isn't normal but would like some clarification.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't do friendlies.

Will be a bit like the pubs , first few times will be a bit anal with the rules etc. After a few games it will settle down and be more enjoyable.

Much like the pubs in the first couple of weeks. Many of which are now much more like the pre covid days thankfully

If was a league game would do it though

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I could get a ticket now but Winker Jnr doesn't qualify until tomorrow afternoon. looks like it's going to be a nail biting morning looking at the clock!
(Old school print at home for me - will they serve nfc chips with the pies?)

I was able to buy for my son who shouldn't have been able to get a ticket until 2pm. Odd.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hey thanks for that, I've just got two tickets as well.

Pile in everyone!

Me too, I was OK but son was one point short. Just went online and got both. There was something on twitter saying all ST holders could now get tickets. Suspect take up has been lower than anticipated

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Down in Worthing for a week's break/catching up with family.

Would definitely have gone if I'd known about it before I came down/ and if tickets available to STH.
No photo id means I would have had to have gone home and come back down for the game.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Down in Worthing for a week's break/catching up with family.

Would definitely have gone if I'd known about it before I came down/ and if tickets available to STH.
No photo id means I would have had to have gone home and come back down for the game.

Why don’t you give club a call and explain? They might accept scanned ID

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
I'm going!

I don't normally do friendlies (and haven't been to any at the Amex) but I'm very curious as to what the experience will be like and I don't have any concerns about a lack of safety. I'm sure that more than enough thought will have been put into all of the arrangements.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, I need to change my poll option, having just bought two tickets. These are available to any STH already, you don't have to wait for 2pm.

After days of my son badgering me to go and Mrs GB to rearrange our weekend plans we gave in and I'm taking him. I'm not yet sure how I feel about it but he's looking forward to it and that's all that really counts. It will be an "interesting" experience, that's for sure. Bound to be a few reviews of the day on here.

I have to say that buying them was one of the worst online experiences I've had on any website ever. Had to assign a ticket to him, then reassign my ticket to me, each step prompting a pop up box for parking that had to be closed before you could continue. It also told me that I needed to add more information for my son and then let me proceed. There are a lot more T&Cs to accept as well. Appreciate that the club are working with an ever changing set of rules and circumstances, however, and I think this is a great opportunity to iron out major issues before the season proper starts.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I was able to buy for my son who shouldn't have been able to get a ticket until 2pm. Odd.

The original announcement on the website always said 9:00 am for all STH online
aa0790b8934013f4cf32226a0f2c9a8c.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was surprised that I managed to get one this morning, along with a mate. Absolutely buzzing.

I know it's going to be strange but I can't wait to be back there, even with the restrictions. See Lallana, Lamptey, White in the flesh for the Albion.

Also a bit of a historic one to tell the grandkids many years from now - first top level football fans back in a stadium since the pandemic started.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Reasons it has sold a bit slowly

• Only announced on Wednesday people have plans.
• Limited to STH with high loyalty points
• It’s a Friendly
• But the big one will be fear of Covid.

It crossed my mind during lock down that what would happen to football if many fans realised they didn’t miss it and took up other hobbies, or realised they enjoyed spending time with their families? Even with a vaccine might football lose some fans during this extended period away from grounds?
Probably not but it did cross my mind and I remember shuddering at the thought!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Those of us going will either be remembered as pioneers or like those who watched nuclear bomb tests whilst in their swimsuits and who suffered radiation issues 10yrs later:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here