Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Boxes now sold

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Not unless you're calculating for 2 seats, no.

If you're looking at 5 years, the cost for a single seat would be...

1 * £500 = £500
5 * £99 * 12 * 1.2 (ie assume VAT is 20%) = £7128

So, cost per year/season would be £1525.60

this is completely correct. simple isn't it.

the only difference between the £500 5 year deal and the lifetime £1,000 deal is that you'll have to pay £500 (or whatever the cost is then) every five years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a fixed figure for five years, fixed, it won't change, regardless for the first 5 years.

Match ticket for ALL Brighton home games is included, league, cup and friendlies. (Not testimonials).

Guaranteed tickets for ALL events at the stadium, Concerts, U21s, other sports, there is a pre-sale period where you can buy your ticket before they go on sale the general public.

Oh, and this one is sure to fire you up a bit,
Guaranteed Priority for all "Class A" "Glamour" away games (Villa, Spurs etc), all Platinum 1901 members will have the option to buy away tickets before they go on general sale.
There, I typed it.

So STH pushed further back down the queue for away tickets.

Excellent news all round

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Please bare in mind, we are talking about the "Premium" seats, there will be Gold & Bronze available, all with hospitality! and of course, there will be the "normal" season tickets without the hospitality so the choice is yours!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So STH pushed further back down the queue for away tickets.

Do you think someone who puts, say, £500 per season into the club should have equal (or higher) priority for such tickets than someone who puts in over £1500 per season?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
£7128 for five seasons. Assuming 24 matches (League and Cup) during a season, that's 120 matches.

Best seat in the house with parking, priority ticket buying, access to decent hospitality etc thrown in for £59 a match. Sounds reasonable for the best seats. And if we do end up playing higher level football, then it sounds very reasonable*.

Plus the cost is spread over the year to make it more accessible.

* still too rich for me, but £60 quid for the best seat in any venue, for any kind of entertainment sounds about par.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
well worth it.

Depends what you want or value. Some people buy a Hyundai, some a Ford, others buy a BMW, they all do the job.

All football grounds have corporate hospitality in one form or another, ours will have the "Club" concept, making it accessible to more people than previously. Clubs can't survive on standard ticket sales alone, so they put in hospitality facilities to attract higher income and to tempt future sponsorships, so far it has been bought by Albion fans and supporters in abundance.

But of course it won't suit everyone, but for the 2000 or so who will buy it, they will feel it is worth it. Plus it dumps a healthy £2M into the clubs coffers, 18 months before the stadium even opens.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you think someone who puts, say, £500 per season into the club should have equal (or higher) priority for such tickets than someone who puts in over £1500 per season?

Agreed those that pay more deserve more, just an observation.

Wonder whether there may be an away season ticket

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

oooh....politics

do you think someone who pays into the NHS for their life through national insurance should take a backseat for an operation if someone comes in with money to pay for it?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think part of the problem here is the drip drip effect of information coming out of the club regarding the various packages that they will be proposing. If they came out and stated that there are going to be these different packages, platinum, gold bronze or whatever, then people can gauge what they are likely to go for. I can't see any link on the website to the info.

As a sth, I haven't received any letter but have now rung the club and they are sending one through.

Little bit more info would be appreciated.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In a theatre the best seats easily cost that kind of money. They are the best view with the best facilities, so they cost more than the ones at the backbehind a pillar. The only difference here is that Brighton are trying to ensure the best seats are sold five years in advance by adding some bells and whistles. Makes sense. If it's too expensive, buy a cheaper ticket.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think part of the problem here is the drip drip effect of information coming out of the club regarding the various packages that they will be proposing. If they came out and stated that there are going to be these different packages, platinum, gold bronze or whatever, then people can gauge what they are likely to go for. I can't see any link on the website to the info.

As a sth, I haven't received any letter but have now rung the club and they are sending one through.

Little bit more info would be appreciated.

Pretty much exactly what I said when we first got wind that stuff was being sold.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Please bare in mind, we are talking about the "Premium" seats, there will be Gold & Bronze available, all with hospitality! and of course, there will be the "normal" season tickets without the hospitality so the choice is yours!

As I understand it, there have been such a high take-up on the Platinum scheme that there will be no Silver or Bronze memberships, and possibly not even any Gold memberships unless the take up on Platinum seats slows down. And it hasn't even been put on sale to the general buyers, so far it is only existing sponsors and users of hospitality who have been invited to sign up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Depends what you want or value. Some people buy a Hyundai, some a Ford, others buy a BMW, they all do the job.

All football grounds have corporate hospitality in one form or another, ours will have the "Club" concept, making it accessible to more people than previously. Clubs can't survive on standard ticket sales alone, so they put in hospitality facilities to attract higher income and to tempt future sponsorships, so far it has been bought by Albion fans and supporters in abundance.

But of course it won't suit everyone, but for the 2000 or so who will buy it, they will feel it is worth it. Plus it dumps a healthy £2M into the clubs coffers, 18 months before the stadium even opens.

I am not disagreeing. I just think that corporate stuff will eventually kill the game I know and grew up with. I know it is the fact of present day life but that does not make it any more palettable

I think Atilla has it 100% right

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Whatever ones political stand point, this has to be good news for the long term future of Brighton and Hove Albion. I'm delighted that people are climbing over themselves to be associated with BHA and Falmer - it just shows the latent demand for the club in Sussex. Makes me very hopeful for the future.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We did all this a week or two back, I think.

The club obviously have a very clear prioritisation process for comms and marketing around this, and they are starting with those who have had long-standing relationships with the club ABOVE that of season tickets, ie those who have taken advantage of 'hospitality' (of sorts) at Withdean. These people have been given first dibs of the premium Falmer product offerings, and rightly so.

The club have and are communicating with these folk which is why there is very little officially in the public domain yet.

The stuff we do know has come from those who the club have already targeted who have spilled the beans, as it were.

In due course, the time will come for current season tickets holders, ex-season ticket holders, frequent matchday ticket purchasers etc etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In a theatre the best seats easily cost that kind of money. They are the best view with the best facilities, so they cost more than the ones at the backbehind a pillar. The only difference here is that Brighton are trying to ensure the best seats are sold five years in advance by adding some bells and whistles. Makes sense. If it's too expensive, buy a cheaper ticket.

absolutely

I will....hopefully on a pay per go basis

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I am not disagreeing. I just think that corporate stuff will eventually kill the game I know and grew up with. I know it is the fact of present day life but that does not make it any more palettable

By the same token there is a £93 Million stadium to pay for.

The club are very welcome to my £99 + vat per month.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

But most of this Platinum 1901 club is not 'corporate stuff'. It's simple marketing and product differentiation - a premium product at a premium price.

A lot of the folk taking advantage of this won't be corporates, they'll be regular fans. Sure they may have a few more quid than some and/or they can appreciate the value of this premium product. *

(* - cos 'value' doesn't always equate to 'cheap')

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
absolutely

I will....hopefully on a pay per go basis

That's my view too - although me and TRHK Jr will be getting season tickets if we can run to it because that's actually a cheaper way for us to see the games.

As for the game changing - it's not just corporate that has changed things. Ticket prices make going to the footy a serious consideration for most families - the cost never used to be an issue when I was a lad because tickets were relatively cheap. But not being able to turn up on the day has had a huge effect I suspect. That same issue has probably pushed up the average age of those attending (lads can't call each other on the morning and just decide to go, they are certainly unlikely to plan to go days in advance). So some of the effevesence has gone. And finally (although I'm sure there are lots more reasons) - we can't stand up. the physical proximity to other fans contributed to the feeling of being one entity.

It's not just the prawn sandwich munchers - they are too convenient a target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here