Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought Dougie made it clear that no details of Zaha's sale will be released until they'd already sorted out the new signings?

I don't think anything has been announced yet trig has it !
Crystal Palace can today (Friday 25th January) confirm that we have agreed a fee for Wilfred Zaha with Manchester United.
So then Dougie, it's now be announced, so how many players did you buy between 17:00 last night, and the announcement this morning?

but I read on here that YOU are much more likely to get promoted than us
I doubt you did. Most of what you'll see here is Palace fans telling us how they're going to get promoted. Even Palace fans pretending they're Brighton fans and that they own a CMS shirt.

Like I said, if you could read, anyone in the top half could get promoted along with you obviously.
That's not what you said. You said: "Oh and we are as likely to be promoted as you or any of the teams in top half of the table, as much as you don't like it, its fact."
Do you know what 'as likely' means? Of course anyone could get promoted, but some clubs are more likely than others. So no, you are not as likely to be promoted as Cardiff.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's perfectly reasonable conjecture. The closer the move gets the more it will affect him. His head may be a mess by any playoff matches.

That's a fair point but now all the speculation is over ( and it's been non stop ) I feel Wilf will settle down and play his natural game . The last 3/4 games has proved to me he is getting back to that , it will certainly liven up the run in .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So then Dougie, it's now be announced, so how many players did you buy between 17:00 last night, and the announcement this morning?

*sigh* yes trig it has been announced and I would imagine deals are being done as we speak .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's perfectly reasonable conjecture. The closer the move gets the more it will affect him. His head may be a mess by any playoff matches.

I've not even got them for the play offs ... they'll end 7th and we overtake them after our game at Bris City first week in March ... you heard it here first! :thumbsup:

Also assume Manure will have a clause that they can get him once they've f***ed up their chances?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
So every time he gets the ball on 17/3, presumably we should all be joining in with

"He's just too good for you, he's just too good for you"?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm very happy for Wilf , but as a fan I feel sick to my stomach that he is going there and them getting all the praise for him in the future . It means we can strengthen but it's very much bitter sweet .

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I'm very happy for Wilf , but as a fan I feel sick to my stomach that he is going there and them getting all the praise for him in the future . It means we can strengthen but it's very much bitter sweet .

£15 Million and a loan back for the rest of the season? I've be over the fecking moon! You can buy 3 or 4 top quality players with the £10m up front in addition to Zaha seeing out the campaign.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That is probably the best deal they could have hoped for. Fair play to them for that.

Would one of the Palace fans on here please tell me whether they expect them to splash the two million or whatever it is over the 8 mill that will cover the debts.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
*sigh* yes trig it has been announced and I would imagine deals are being done as we speak .

It's ok to admit that you were wrong on your original claim, it's perfectly natural. We won't think any less of you...it's not possible to think any less :wink:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That is probably the best deal they could have hoped for. Fair play to them for that.

Would one of the Palace fans on here please tell me whether they expect them to splash the two million or whatever it is over the 8 mill that will cover the debts.

The debt from last season was covered by the owners ( £3.75 m ) . Pre season we sold players and racked in about £3-4 m so that should cover predicted losses for this season . I don't want us to spend silly money and I don't think we will but this could consolidate our season and give us a platform to really go for it .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's ok to admit that you were wrong on your original claim, it's perfectly natural. We won't think any less of you...it's not possible to think any less :wink:

Thank you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here