Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All this I love Coppell ? Sign here if you don't care if he goes.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
If a manager or anyone doesn't want to be at OUR club then they can F**k off.
What is the problem ?
He was in charge when we were relegated.
Has he really performed miracles ?
Peter Taylor won a league as manager and then was honest enough to walk away saying we didn't have resources to manage at div 1 level.Yet he is always castigated by most fans.
Coppell had a bum deal taking over later in the season but he knew what he was taking on,we still went down,he waited all summer,possibly for a better offer.Then signed a years contract and now he COULD be off at the first opportunity.
Why cry over him.If he wants out he can go and straight away.
All this he is the best thing around etc is bollocks.
If he stays fine but I doubt he will.
His P****e connection will still upset a lot of fans.
Can't even blame him for going.
But I won't lose any sleep over it.We will get another manager.
After all we are 2nd and Peter Taylor did f*** all to get us promoted didn't he,so it will be a cakewalk for whoever takes over ?
If your going Mr Coppell go Friday and let the club get on with it.
Don't like long goodbyes or trial seperations.
I don't think he is that brilliant,who was at Plymouth shouting for him to make changes when we were 3-1 up ?
How many brilliant tactical changes has he made ?
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
He's gone simple as that, People thinking he'll be with us come monday are kidding themselfs.

He's gone and we've got to keep the faith and hope we get Falmer.

When we get it then the likes of reading should watch their backs because we'll be gunning for them big time.

COME ON YOU RIP ROARING SEAGULLS :wave:

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Maybe he's still pissed off he didn't get the job first time round before we got Hinsh.
Totally agree dodge, I'll be happy if he stays, but if he wants to jump ship, best he fucks off quick.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I don't want him to go. I think he is a very good manager. But if his mind is made up, then fine, go NOW. We will survive. The only loyal people attached to BHA are US, the fans.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Even if Coppell does turn down the Reading job I won't hold him in the same high regard. He has shown that he will go to another club if he gets the chance, maybe not this time, but probably sometime soon. If he doesn't want to stay and see the job through, he may as well get out now.

Oh for a manager as loyal as Dario Gradi.

Jul 21, 2003
Coppell can **** off and Silent better remember how these Pal@ce ***** take the p*** outta us and appoint a true blue and white manager next time! Agree with above once a player or manager wants away like Cullip did they should **** off as far as im concerned
I AM NOT A HYPOCRIT I SAID ALL ALONG COPPELL WAS A PAL@CE **** AND NOW WE SEE HE IS GOOD RIDDANCE WELCOME NEW MANAGER DEAN WILKINS theres on one DEANO DEANO DEANO

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Put me down as 'Disapointed but not surprised'.

After the managerial merry go round of the last few years, I'm a bit immune to it all now. If he stays great. If he's decided to go, why hang around for todays game? Is he expecting some kind of curtain call? After the way he walked out on Man-city, his behaviour in managerial terms is unorthodox. Who can work out what is going on in his head?

If he's going, he should have gone by now. What he is doing is a form of slow torture to fans and players alike.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Zeitgeist said:

If he's going, he should have gone by now. What he is doing is a form of slow torture to fans and players alike.

That is precisely the problem, or to be more accurate-OUR problem. Like you I'm becoming somewhat immune to the managerial merry-go-round but it still pisses me off big time:angry:

If Coppell is taking the job he should have f***ed off straight away because otherwise he is taking the piss. We don't want his charity of seeing us through the weekend-we've survived cnuts like Archole, Stanley and Bellendi so we'll easily survive you going to another club.

If you're going-go! If you're staying-then f***ing well tell us so our support for the players isn't distracted to stroking your ego.

At the end of the day who gives a shit? We'll still be at the Albion long after SC and his many successors have come and gone and so long as DK is still chairman we'll always have an Albion to get pissed off over...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
For me, the big worry is how the team will react today with all the injuries we have and the talk about Coppell going. It must be very unsettling. I hope that we we turn in a 5 star performance to show Coppell what he will be missing but I've got a bad feeling about this afternoon's game. Here's hoping I'm wrong though.

:(

Aug 25, 2003
:smokin: Steve Coppell bleeds red and blue he's admitted as much, he's as big a Palace fan as me and i for one was surprised that the Brighton fans took to him so well considering his CPFC connections. Alan Mu**ery was despised when Runny Nose appointed him for the exact same reasons concerning his BHA past. Steve Coppell is a top manager but i think Brighton will get promoted with the side they've got whoever is in charge. PS how bad is Simon Rodger's injury it looked quite bad.

helga

Aug 8, 2003
I won't care when he goes. He has shown that he is not bothered about Brighton by talking to Reading. If he doesn't go now (which I think he will) then he will probably next time.

He blames the ground...but what is so different from when he joined and also when he agreed to stay in the summer. The only change now is he has a better offer....so don't blame the ground Coppell.

And Rogers is out for six months.

Maybe his QVC wife can help with some magic cream!!!

Last edited:

Aug 25, 2003
Like everything in life and especially in football it's the money factor which is the most significant yet again apparently Reading offered Steve double his Brighton salary and that's what swayed him. Ironically i know a Reading season ticket holder and for all Madejski's millions he don't splash out a great deal for players and i think Sir Steve is in for a bit of an awakening if he thinks he's going to get a massive wad of cash to spend on players. But he hasn't actually gone yet so all this yap might be somewhat premature!

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
1. If it's about money i'm sure DK would be happy to arrange a modest salary increase - but Coppell has already said it isn't.

2. By Coppell siting our lack of stadium and lack of cash for players he is 1:

- Making a stronger case for us to Prescott on why we need a new stadium.

- May get more money to spend which is good for us and the club.

He can use this current situation to his advantage, for him and the fans. Coppell is a shrewd man.

The comments made are fair enough - but don't be so fickle and jump staright on his back.

Aug 25, 2003
As all Palace fans despite him managing Brighton Coppell is a god in my eyes and i'm not berating him just stating a fact that money talks and that's the prime factor why he would leave Brighton to move to Reading. The ground (or lack of) reason is a bit lame because he would have known the situation the club were in regarding this when he took the job. Reading have a smart new stadia and they're obviously playing in a division higher, but i wouldn't say they were a bigger club than Brighton because without Madejski's wedge they would still be at Elm Park probably playing in the same division as Brighton are now anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here