Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Although It's BISSOUMA They All Seem To Want...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He can't wait to leave, off loading all his rubbish on any old passer by.

[tweet]1430957512547872769[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why? Because five Villa fans are quoted as wanting Bissouma? Even if they all clubbed together i doubt they can afford him.

Errmmm .......... they've just trousered £100M for Grealish. We might not be keen to sell Bissouma for another year, but we've bought in Moder, then Caciedo, then Mwepu as potential replacements, and at the end of the day, everybody has a price.
How many of you (and more crucially the Albion management and Tony Bloom) would turn down, say, £75M?

I'd think about it seriously ...............

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Errmmm .......... they've just trousered £100M for Grealish. We might not be keen to sell Bissouma for another year, but we've bought in Moder, then Caciedo, then Mwepu as potential replacements, and at the end of the day, everybody has a price.
How many of you (and more crucially the Albion management and Tony Bloom) would turn down, say, £75M?

I'd think about it seriously ...............

I don't think we would turn down £50m when Biss will only be worth half that in 12 months time with just a year left on his contract.

Too many of us are letting are hearts rule our heads.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think we would turn down £50m when Biss will only be worth half that in 12 months time with just a year left on his contract.

No, we probably wouldn't. The only thing I disagree with is your idea that somehow after another stellar season with us, he would be worth less in a year's time. He'd still be our player - if anyone wants him, then pay!
Talks will constantly be going on about contract extensions/new contracts, of course. There could even be a scenario where we turn down £50M, and agree (in writing, bearing in mind the Harry Kane scenario) to let him go for £50M next summer. He plays out of his skin for us for another season, and clubs wanting him will be sallivating over the prospect. Not knowing the terms and conditions of any agreements with Bissouma, they might even finish up offering morre - or even have a bidding war

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't think Mr Bloom was turning down £50m and he hasn't.
I'd be concerned for him and his financial.position if he has to accept it second time round, in the same window.

If, IF Biss is with us after the window has slammed shut, I'll Eden a guess they'll still be rattling in the frame when the caveat heavy extension is singed.

Mr Bloom isn't lucky enough to have Harry Kane's brother along to tough negotiate the best deal possible for his client.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think Mr Bloom was turning down £50m and he hasn't.
He hasn't - and as far as we know, he hasn't been offered a chance to turn it down.

But in terms of the economics, none of us know how much he would consider it worth considering. Leaving off the blue and white spectacles, I think manty of us would take such an offer seriously. After all, buy, bring on, develop, improve, and sell on for a profit is the formua for sustainability, is it not?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He hasn't - and as far as we know, he hasn't been offered a chance to turn it down.

But in terms of the economics, none of us know how much he would consider it worth considering. Leaving off the blue and white spectacles, I think manty of us would take such an offer seriously. After all, buy, bring on, develop, improve, and sell on for a profit is the formua for sustainability, is it not?

Oh silly me I though Mr Bloom had already pocketed £50m this month.
Are you anticipating dropping Duffy for White tomorrow?

One of them was going this summer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

We’d be massively taking the piss out of ourselves if we sold Bissouma for £50 million now.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

We absolutely should turn £50 million down. He’s worth a lot more than that. Totally irreplaceable and the best in his position in the league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh silly me I though Mr Bloom had already pocketed £50m this month.
Are you anticipating dropping Duffy for White tomorrow?

One of them was going this summer.
Don't be stupid. If someone offered an appropriate price, Duffy (or even Dunk!) would be gone. The only thing you and I don't know is how much it would take for a bid to be accepted. - and don't try to pretend it is otherwise.
£120M for Duffy or Dunk (or both)? - he's gone. So yes, he has a price. Less than £120M certainly, but somewhere etween 0 and £120M there is a price that would see him gone. So, have you got any serious idea what the price would be for someone to lever him away from us? No, of course you don't - neither do I - but if you think we would turn down £120M or more you are living in a tiny little world inhabited by a few NSCers - ones that I could mention, but won't out of kindness!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't be stupid. If someone offered an appropriate price, Duffy (or even Dunk!) would be gone. The only thing you and I don't know is how much it would take for a bid to be accepted. - and don't try to pretend it is otherwise.
£120M for Duffy or Dunk (or both)? - he's gone. So yes, he has a price. Less than £120M certainly, but somewhere etween 0 and £120M there is a price that would see him gone. So, have you got any serious idea what the price would be for someone to lever him away from us? No, of course you don't - neither do I - but if you think we would turn down £120M or more you are living in a tiny little world inhabited by a few NSCers - ones that I could mention, but won't out of kindness!

What the frack are you on about £120m :shrug:

I think the club were always going to cash in on someone.
I think most of us assumed that would be Biss.
Arsenal :lol: had other ideas.

With that £50m banked, I would be concerned, for him, if Mr Bloom took a lower price for Biss.

I think the White deal now means Bloom will play even harder ball (God help the suitors) for Biss.

If that price is met then happy days, the money and new club would be mahooosive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We’d be massively taking the piss out of ourselves if we sold Bissouma for £50 million now.

Really? How much would it be worth for the top teams to realise if they wanted to buy players from 'lil' ole Brighton, £5M and they should be grateful isn't the answer? If we become one of those teams that people expect to pay £30 - £40 - £50M plus for our young players with potential, then selling another player now for £50M would be more like a very profitable loss-leader.

It's not as if for £50M plus we couldn't cope without him; we'd cope - not quite as well, but still well clear of relegation! Seriously, welcome to the real world - who wouldn't take £50M for any of our players (forget the blue and white specs - they're crap)?

Last edited:

if biss stays yes it may cost us 25mill if he then leaves next season but how much would it cost us if we sold then his replacements cost us half a dozen games and we end up getting relegatd - nearer 125 thats how much.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe. It would make him the third most expensive defensive midfielder of all time, I believe.

Its not a position clubs pay a lot for (strangely, perhaps).

Where does White’s £50m rank in the all-time list for CBs ? Rinsing Arsenal has put out a real marker in terms of any club thinking they can **** with Tony.

I even suspect there have been enquiries for Biss……that have been met with a figure so eye-watering even the likes of Liverpool have been scared off.

It’s BRILLIANT. If we do lose him in the next few days it’ll be for a ridiculous sum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where does White’s £50m rank in the all-time list for CBs ? Rinsing Arsenal has put out a real marker in terms of any club thinking they can **** with Tony.

I even suspect there have been enquiries for Biss……that have been met with a figure so eye-watering even the likes of Liverpool have been scared off.

It’s BRILLIANT. If we do lose him in the next few days it’ll be for a ridiculous sum.

With at least 3 replacements eyeing his shirt and position.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What the frack are you on about £120m :shrug:

I think the club were always going to cash in on someone.
I think most of us assumed that would be Biss.
Arsenal :lol: had other ideas.

With that £50m banked, I would be concerned, for him, if Mr Bloom took a lower price for Biss.

I think the White deal now means Bloom will play even harder ball (God help the suitors) for Biss.

If that price is met then happy days, the money and new club would be mahooosive.
What the fvck I'm on about? What the fvck I'm on about is that every player has a price, Including Bissouma - or anybody else in our team. I suggest that if someone offered £120M for Bissouma (they won't of course, but if they did) and you ask WTF?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here