Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Transport - a thread of positive suggestions

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Bennetts Field definitely needs sorting, it perhaps needs a different exit to the buses, as we were stuck in there for well over an hour while they stopped cars from leaving to let the buses out.
How about a platform extension at Falmer? Might be costly though.
I also think they should allow 8 coach trains to run after 10:30 on a weekday, even if it's only until 11pm.

I think the ideal solution for trains would be to have a designed shuttle service between Brighton station and the Amex, (the American Express ;D ) leaving whenever it is full, and maybe even with its own line. But this would cost millions and take a long time to implement.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
The delay in getting on a Mill Hill bus will result when colder/wet weather arrives in having to leave before the end of the match.
I feel that delays would improve if the trains were providing a decent shuttle service.
Does the `S` service have any seats available when it reaches Westdene, if so would give it a try.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Useful one - Reserve a large part of Bennetts Field for shuttle buses that would run in a direct loop from:

Brighton station -> the Amex -> Lewes station -> the Amex -> Brighton station

This would relieve some of the pressure on the trains.

Great idea IMO.

Instead of these poncy 1901's in their Jaguars filling up the field, have 50 shuttle buses parked there instead. That's 2,500 people taken care of right there assuming it doesn't even come back to pick up more.

timsouch

Jul 15, 2011
!) have a secound park and ride for poeple coming from west or north near mill road as fill very quickly and the others are very diffcult to get to from this direction either passing the stadium or nearly centre brighton to get race course.

2) build a secound set steps one for mill road and one for other park and ride when leaveing the stadiums

3) let use the vouchers on the organised fan bus from around sussex

4) put entertainment on after the match so poeple dont all leave same time ie ask local bands, kids footie matchs, ect or anything that keep some poeple behind to help not anyone going to busses and trains same time..

Last edited:

Useful one - Reserve a large part of Bennetts Field for shuttle buses that would run in a direct loop from:

Brighton station -> the Amex -> Lewes station -> the Amex -> Brighton station

This would relieve some of the pressure on the trains.

Sounds ok if you're routing by train via Brighton or Lewes but where will the 300+ car parking spaces "lost" from Bennetts' Field be relocated to (and within 1.5km of the stadium - planning condition)?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds ok if you're routing by train via Brighton or Lewes but where will the 300+ car parking spaces "lost" from Bennetts' Field be relocated to (and within 1.5km of the stadium - planning condition)?

In short... I don't care. Lose the private motorists from Bennetts Field, apart from the Albion-registered disabled and a small number of designated club-related vehicles. Give the 1901's a partial refund. Whatever it takes. Space is at such a premium in our weirdly-cramped new stadium that private parking next to the ground is a luxury that already can't be afforded. IMHO, like.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Didn't know myself, was waiting for a 25 at Palmeria Sq and this Falmer Stadium special turned up, was about 1300 and didn't even get a third full on the journey. Dropped us off at the station on the A27 not the car park, will hope they keep this route going.

small moan alert... this sounds like a great idea, running football special 25s on match days... but please bhafc TELL US that these now exist so we can catch them!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Agree with Tom Hark- Bennets Field is the real problem and should be cleared of all cars other than disabled

Refunds given to 1901 and a decent amount of buses used instead but immediately change the the loading of P & R buses from one at a time which is a joke

Otherwise no chance of permission for another 8k seats

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If coming from the A27 east, park for free at Glynde station - only 2 stops to Falmer.

1423 gets to Falmer 1436.

PG

Only problem is that will make more people wait on the platform on the Lewes bound trains because they cannot possibly get the first train to Lewes and change.

Rail staff need to make everybody on the platform boards the train when it arrives not wait because its not the one they want.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
Provide additional park and Ride sites within walking distance of rail stations at Hassocks and Lewes. I would use the former to avoid the evening crush at Brighton and the latter would surely help those travelling from the East.

split the S bus route in two - this will mean that outbound people waiting past Portslade/Hangleton are not stranded when the full buses go past and journey times for people in Shoreham/Portslade will be reduced, making the bus route a complete no brainer compared to the train.

re S bus - yes agree it would make it a no brainer and then switch to double decker buses when demand increases , no extra traffic but more people

Transport Guru

Nov 11, 2011
Brighton
Guess it's the Council's planning obligations that make the club let buses go before cars - sustianable transport before the private car and all that. Can't really blame either club or council, try reading Royal Commission on Transport and the Environment. It's boring but the main thrust is cars = sh*t buses and trains = sexy. Adding new rail line now that's a classic 'cost millions and take a long term' more accurate would be cost billions and take decades.

Bennetts Field definitely needs sorting, it perhaps needs a different exit to the buses, as we were stuck in there for well over an hour while they stopped cars from leaving to let the buses out.
How about a platform extension at Falmer? Might be costly though.
I also think they should allow 8 coach trains to run after 10:30 on a weekday, even if it's only until 11pm.

I think the ideal solution for trains would be to have a designed shuttle service between Brighton station and the Amex, (the American Express ;D ) leaving whenever it is full, and maybe even with its own line. But this would cost millions and take a long time to implement.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Park and ride for the east.......covered waiting area for station......proper taxi rank and put down area......allow uni park 1 go east.....cheaper post match food and drink,with cctv to show fans when best to leave....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How about an additional p and r at Hickstead for those travelling from the north

That is a good one,would also serve away fans the majority of the time,as well as B/Hill,H/Heath,Horsham and many other places.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You beat me to it Wallington.

About the same distance as the Southampton park and ride for away fans that works very well.

Last edited:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
when i went to Hull game, we drove to / parked up in Moulscoomb- near end of Barcombe Road, then walked under the rail bridge, and along footpath, past Falmer rail station -

It took about 10 mins to/from the Amex, and avoided mass queues getting home.

car intact, as well.!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here