Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone think this was a good result tonight?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Wasn't a great performance last night, don't think anyone played that well (being a Harley hater, I actually thought he played well last night.) But looking forward to focusing more on the league, less games is always a bonus.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Wasn't a great performance last night, don't think anyone played that well (being a Harley hater, I actually thought he played well last night.) But looking forward to focusing more on the league, less games is always a bonus.

Jesus how many pints of Harvey's did you have! He was prancing around like a minge again! Then again so were the others?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Jesus how many pints of Harvey's did you have! He was prancing around like a minge again! Then again so were the others?

He was out of his depth and didn't get much of the ball. Didn't give it away as much as usual, but him and Dicker were completely over run in midfield and left Bridcutt with no support.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No.

I would hate it if we become a team who thinks a cup competition is beneath them. I hate Man Utd and the like for this attitude. It is arrogance beyond belief and one of the worst things in football which is killing the passion of the game. We are not a team who can pick and choose what games we can be bothered to try in. Now wonder reading some of the posts other supporters think we have become arrogant ( well before our time ).

:nono:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Whenever we lose a cup game it's "Ah,good result,concentrate on the league.If we'd won,wonder if we'll get a Premier team at home ?"

Don't like losing games even if there is a whiff of halfheartedness from the management,a hairy old excuse ready in the locker.

Swindon,I suppose,are now the new European Champions.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Whenever we lose a cup game it's "Ah,good result,concentrate on the league.If we'd won,wonder if we'll get a Premier team at home ?"

Don't like losing games even if there is a whiff of halfheartedness from the management,a hairy old excuse ready in the locker.

Swindon,I suppose,are now the new European Champions.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No - it was a terrible result.

The only bright spot I see right now is that Crofts will be available on Saturday to hopefully shake up the midfield.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
As others have said, it was not the defeat in itself which was depressing, but the manner of it.

Swindon looked hungrier and more 'up for it' than we did for much of the game, and often closed us down well to prevent us getting any real rhythm to our game.

I don't think we did dominate the first half - it was all pretty scrappy, mainly midfield huffing and puffing.

As for Noone's crosses; some sailed right over the other side of the penalty area, and out for a goal kick, but some hovered tantalisingly in front of the goal, yet we had no-one in the six-yard box to nod them in.

Only player who I was really impressed with was Liam B, although Bruno tried hard, I thought. :down:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Not pleased to go out and gutted at the attitude Albion fans now seem to have towards our players.

Noone had a bad game no doubt but is now, according to some, the sort of player we no longer want if we're to push for promotion. What sort of mindset is that? Certainly not a healthy one.

At the end of last year I wrote off Dicker and, having watched pre-season, I'm now beginning to think I may have been wrong. No-one was great last night but bad games happen, take the lumps and move on.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It was the long balls straight In to touch that miffed me most.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
don't subscribe to the can't be bothered with the cups brigade

who the f*** do we think we are!

wer'e not gonna win the premiership anytime soon,but a domestic cup is certainly possible

winning a cup would forever be in the history of the club,as opposed to knocking around the lower half of the premier league

go back to '83,so close to the greatest day in the clubs history

sure we had some great games in the top flight,but what do you remember most about that time?

what with many of the top clubs playing 2nd string teams the oppotunity is even greater

i don't know who the f*** most of the clubs in the premiership think they are to be honest

the days of derby,forest,villa and leeds winning the league are over,time for certain clubs to be realistic

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Never good to lose, but good job it was only the COC. I think our players looked less prepared and less hungry than Swindon's. Am sure Gus' apathy towards the competition rubbed off on the players.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It's never a good result to get HUMILIATED in front of the cameras on Sky Sports, especially when you have a midfield (exception Bridcutt) so light a bag of Maltesers weigh more.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Never good to lose,** but good job it was only the COC. ** I think our players looked less prepared and less hungry than Swindon's. Am sure Gus' apathy towards the competition rubbed off on the players.

It is the second biggest domestic cup competition.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Losing 3 - 0 to a lower league side on TV can never be a good result.

Let's face it we played well enough for the first 50 minutes. It cannot be good to see the team fall apart AGAIN, once we concede. (West Ham, Liverpool, most aways last season etc and a certain team at home).

It would not have been so bad if we lost this game by the odd goal in a close fought contest but those last 40 minutes were an embarrasment last night.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
As incredible as this may sound I'm glad we lost, now we can focus on a promising league campaign could also benefit from having them couple of days rest compared to some other teams.

We do not have the forwards to challenge for promotion,and it does not look like Gus is signing one anytime soon

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
The result might not be a bad thing in the long run in that it's a wake up call following the win against Chelsea. If any of the players were feeling complacent about the season ahead, they won't be now. Better to lose to Swindon in that it gives Gus a chance to put a few things right before Hull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here