Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone used ChipsAway for dents/scratches?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I am thinking of using them, but first wondered if anyone on here has any experience good/bad.

Note to self: improve driving.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Used the one at Rustington near Worthing - They are franchised operations under the 'Chips Away' name.

Quick turn around of 2 days - but that is due to using heat lamps to speed the drying process whilst the inner filler will take longer to dry. Thus they advise you not to wasah ot for a few days

Also the paint wasn't polished up and so had a dull effect. being last November only noticed 7 days later in the sun and so had to re-book to take it back. Polished up fine.

Seems to be a high turnover place from how busy the workshop is (4 cars on 3 visits)

i think this high turnover approach compromises their attention to detail and could improve.Reasonable prices though

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
you will find it much cheaper if you get a local body shop to do it who will do the job just as well. If not chips away are good very professional. Get a quote n wait 2 weeks then they will offer you 10% discount as well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have found them cheap and efficient but only used them twice. Again it was the one in Rustington which I believe is slightly better than the rest for the reasons already stated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here