Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we about to ruin Lens' season?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe, it will be a little bit easier for them though in that at least their manager will not be turning up soon in the away technical area, instructing his new team of top quality players, from a club you have never beaten, as to how best destroy the team of former players he knows inside out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting idea.

How local? What would be your rule about who could play for Fulham, QPR and Chelsea, all a stone's throw from each other?

Dundee and Dundee United would be a problem too.

And does this stretch to Non League sides, so if you're from Whitehawk you couldn't play for Brighton?

I look forward to an in depth explanation of your plans.

:)

Well, not thought about the details but I suppose in those scenarios you get to pick a club. The wage rule remains however, so if you play two years in Fulham and get your loyalty wage increase, you'd start from square one again if you go to Chelsea.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not unless you add 'tapping up the manager in disguise of negotiating the purchase of one of their players'.

If you think that we need to look at Barbers behaviour given before any of this he has been one of the most engaged with Boehly, sat next to him at the dinner he held etc

But I think it’s all just unfortunate rather than any conspiracy or insider job

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well, not thought about the details but I suppose in those scenarios you get to pick a club. The wage rule remains however, so if you play two years in Fulham and get your loyalty wage increase, you'd start from square one again if you go to Chelsea.

Sounds sensible.

Email the FA!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If we take Haise and his staff that's one thing.

If we took staff that pre-dated Haise's tenure and were also Lens legends it'd be a fair comparison.

The other difference I guess is they are not rivals playing in the same league as us.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Frank Haise now evens favourite with the bookies.o

I know a Lens fan who is incandescent. We can't exactly complain about being shafted by Chelsea if we do the same to Lens, can we?

We didn’t start it!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The other difference I guess is they are not rivals playing in the same league as us.

If Tony wanted and could get say Thomas Frank or Steve Cooper, do you think he would give a shit about what the Brentford or Forest supporters felt about it?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
We also aren't in the position of currently employing a CL-winning manager on a massive contract who would also need paying off to even get to the position of poaching from another club.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ll be sure to view things through a different Lens if it happens

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
As other have mentioned im all for managers only moving from club to club within some sort of transfer window, but all the while that structure is not set we have to do what is best for BHAFC. If at this moment we only went for managers who are out of work it reduces our options massively.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nope, quite the opposite.

Teams should only be allowed to use local players.

"But then the player could just move to another city..?"

Well to prevent that, all players (and other employees) in a league should have the same initial wage which will increase by x% for each year you stay with the same club.

I think this as well. But this should be a worldwide thing.

To say that the quality of the PL and Brighton would get worse is an understatement.

But the ever increasing concentration of talent in the hands of a few super clubs, is a wholly bad thing for football, unless you've been seduced by the fantasy league style, Messi, Neymar and Mbappe up front stuff. Leagues all around Europe show you that as soon as the product is uncompetitive, people turn off. To me, the idea that EPL club v some provincial club in Ivory Coast is likely a 50/50 match, to me is a great thing. You want to be better? Bagging a petro state chairman won't help you, you have to coach local youngsters more.

I have no plan for preventing player movement or plugging the numerous glaring holes in the plan as yet though

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Frank Haise now evens favourite with the bookies.

I know a Lens fan who is incandescent. We can't exactly complain about being shafted by Chelsea if we do the same to Lens, can we?

To be honest it wouldn't feel right to me but we have been left no option by Chelsea. We have to go for the candidate that we feel is the best, even if it is someone currently in a job. This is not our choice, we have been put in an impossible situation and possibly Lens, Mainz or Bodo Glimt will suffer which absolutely sucks imo.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
all players (and other employees) in a league should have the same initial wage which will increase by x% for each year you stay with the same club.

Ok Noam Chomsky, what happens if a player stops trying and another player carries his weight? Fixed wages is a Utopian dream. The suggestion that we could go from where we are to players only representing their local teams is like talking about building an airport for flying pigs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ok Noam Chomsky, what happens if a player stops trying and another player carries his weight? Fixed wages is a Utopian dream. The suggestion that we could go from where we are to players only representing their local teams is like talking about building an airport for flying pigs.

What happens today if a player stops trying?

It is utopian yes.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton

Attachments

• 283249754_1923369284516341_3048732271713617322_n.jpg
    283249754_1923369284516341_3048732271713617322_n.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 156

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If we take Haise and his staff that's one thing.

If we took staff that pre-dated Haise's tenure and were also Lens legends it'd be a fair comparison.

Bruno , to be pedantic, wasn't on the coaching staff until after Graham Potter was appointed. He's never worked under any other Head Coach other than Potter. So under this criteria - taking Lens equivalent of Bruno would be fine. ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here