Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Azure need to booted out.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So, no club announcement then?

Is it beyond the wit of man for the club to put something out to say "By jimminy are you lot hungry and thirsty when you're at the Amex - far more than we ever expected. As such, we understand that sometimes you may not be getting the consistently high level of service that we wish to deliver but we are working hard to improve that. Some of these changes can not be completed until the Summer, so please stick with us whilst we continue to improve." ?

As it is, there is a vacuum of information around this stuff that partially gets filled by a number of unofficial sources, such as Al's diligent efforts. But it doesn't have to be like that, does it?

This.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Is it beyond the wit of man for the club to put something out to say "By jimminy are you lot hungry and thirsty when you're at the Amex - far more than we ever expected. As such, we understand that sometimes you may not be getting the consistently high level of service that we wish to deliver but we are working hard to improve that. Some of these changes can not be completed until the Summer, so please stick with us whilst we continue to improve." ?

As it is, there is a vacuum of information around this stuff that partially gets filled by a number of unofficial sources, such as Al's diligent efforts. But it doesn't have to be like that, does it?

Surely thats the job of the Chief Exec or MD to say something like that?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This topic has come up so much that to me it's pretty clear that the club needs to at least acknowledge the issue like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has suggested.

But what a wonderful position this is for the club and Azure to be in. Thousands of people are BEGGING to give them more money at every game. All they've got to figure out is how to predict quantities of stock and serve people faster.

If I owned a business I certainly wouldn't mind that prospect...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I feel his reply (that there isn't enough room for catering vans outside The Amex) is an insult to my intelligence, because quite clearly there is.

Well, I'm not totally convinced either way. I certainly don't feel as incredulous as thinking it's an 'insult to my intelligence...'

True, there's a wide space when it's empty, but stick some vans, lo-o-ong queues, and an emergency situation in there, and it's suddenly pretty crowded. I'm sure something can be sorted, though.

It's actually irrelevant what Anfield does.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I thought that somewhere and at sometime during the stadium planning process, the club had said that it would not have ANY catering facilities outside the stadium.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Has there a really been a vacuum of information? Azure have been taking on board criticism, were given a good grilling on the roar etc. To be honest I do not think the problems with catering are really that serious. People are being served food and drink in huge numbers, from the club perspective things are going pretty well. If everyone went on strike and refused to use the catering then they may feel the need for a statement but I suspect they are just getting on with things.

I find the self-righteous indignation on this subject pretty pitiful to be honest, does anyone remember that we go to the Amex to WATCH FOOTBALL not indulge in a fine dining experience. It really is getting beyond a joke that suddenly everyone is an expert in how to run a catering business serving 20,000 over period of about 6 hours.

For all it's faults the catering at the Amex is the best I have experienced anywhere in a football ground in the UK, I find the hysterical reaction to it on here simply laughable. Is it beyond the wit of the average Albion fan to appreciate that there are always going to problems in this first season and that maybe they should worry more about supporting the team rather than where the half time cup of tea is coming from?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
just out of interest about comunication why do we never hear anything from Ken Brown , how is he diferent from Perry or Hebberd

Martin Perry - Chief Executive
Ken Brown - Managing Director
Richard Hebberd - Head of operation

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm inclined to agree with [MENTION=2743]Mellor 3 Ward 4[/MENTION] there's absolutely LOADS of room around the Amex for some outside kiosks - far more space than most other clubs, yet they still seem to manage. If anything its even SAFER, because the stadium isn't hemmed in by roads, so you'd never be queuing next to traffic flying past. The answer from Hebbard pulling the old "health & safey" card sounds like a load of cock and bull to me.

On the tour, the guide told us there were no outside kiosks because they wanted fans to arrive and go inside the stadium asap to begin their "matchday experience". Personally I think its a real pity. If they put a few benches around the stadium, then especially when the weather is clement there's nothing I'd like more than to arrive at the Amex, buy a pie and sit on a bench outside in the sunshine, taking in the glorious view and admiring the surrounding landscaping they've worked so hard to put in around the stadium. Certainly more pleasant than being couped up in a sweltering, crowded concourse (and it does get STINKING hot in the WSU in the summer).

[edit] With the added benefit that this would of course relive some of the pressure on the concourse queues for food etc.

This isn't a moan by the way. I cuffing love the Amex, its my favouritist place on earth. But with a bit of thought and a more "can-do" attitude, it could be even better.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When told prior to a match there were no chicken pies, I asked when there would be some. 10 minutes they said. Fine, I waited. 10 minutes later the queues disappeared as everyone headed for their seats. Another customer came along and was told they were out of pies. I enquired when they'd be ready, so they opened the oven door and gave me a fresh pie (yummy). They now had a full oven of fresh pies with no customers to serve them to.

Complete amateurs. There can be no easier catering job in the world, they no exactly how many customers there'll be each week, and they know what time those customers will be there, yet they open the oven as the players kick-off.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Quick aside on this... i think we all recognise that what the club are pioneering is amazing and will, hopefully, be copied by other clubs in the future. The local ales, the lovely pies, opening the bars after the game, loads of screens etc, welcoming the away fans properly... we are streets ahead of anything else i have ever come across.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Local ales
- great idea, credit to the club and those championing idea like Atilla

Pies - to my mind better than any other ground I've eaten at. Excellent local produce. Congratulations to the club for sourcing these.

Concourses - genius idea to open these after the games. Congratulations to the club.

So what exactly are Azure delivering in their capacity as catering experts brought in to deliver against this exciting vision for a modern stadium? What value have they added to the stadium? So far there most significant contribution has been to employ not enough trained individuals and remove items from the menu after a trial lasting one afternoon.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Has there a really been a vacuum of information? Azure have been taking on board criticism, were given a good grilling on the roar etc. To be honest I do not think the problems with catering are really that serious. People are being served food and drink in huge numbers, from the club perspective things are going pretty well. If everyone went on strike and refused to use the catering then they may feel the need for a statement but I suspect they are just getting on with things.

I find the self-righteous indignation on this subject pretty pitiful to be honest, does anyone remember that we go to the Amex to WATCH FOOTBALL not indulge in a fine dining experience. It really is getting beyond a joke that suddenly everyone is an expert in how to run a catering business serving 20,000 over period of about 6 hours.

For all it's faults the catering at the Amex is the best I have experienced anywhere in a football ground in the UK, I find the hysterical reaction to it on here simply laughable. Is it beyond the wit of the average Albion fan to appreciate that there are always going to problems in this first season and that maybe they should worry more about supporting the team rather than where the half time cup of tea is coming from?

Personally I don't see it as self-righteous indignation, or the reaction hysterical.

I just want to spend more money at The Amex, and can see lots of ways that could be achieved.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Local ales

Pies - to my mind better than any other ground I've eaten at. Excellent local produce. Congratulations to the club for sourcing these.

Concourses - genius idea to open these after the games. Congratulations to the club.

So what exactly are Azure delivering in their capacity as catering experts brought in to deliver against this exciting vision for a modern stadium? What value have they added to the stadium? So far there most significant contribution has been to employ not enough trained individuals and remove items from the menu after a trial lasting one afternoon.

At the risk of sounding like I'm defending everything Azure does (I certainly wouldn't), you appear to be criticising the very people who bring you the local ales, pies and open concourses.

Or rather, it seems you're congratulating them and criticising them in one go.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm inclined to agree with [MENTION=2743]Mellor 3 Ward 4[/MENTION] there's absolutely LOADS of room around the Amex for some outside kiosks - far more space than most other clubs, yet they still seem to manage. If anything its even SAFER, because the stadium isn't hemmed in by roads, so you'd never be queuing next to traffic flying past. The answer from Hebbard pulling the old "health & safey" card sounds like a load of cock and bull to me.

On the tour, the guide told us there were no outside kiosks because they wanted fans to arrive and go inside the stadium asap to begin their "matchday experience". Personally I think its a real pity. If they put a few benches around the stadium, then especially when the weather is clement there's nothing I'd like more than to arrive at the Amex, buy a pie and sit on a bench outside in the sunshine, taking in the glorious view and admiring the surrounding landscaping they've worked so hard to put in around the stadium. Certainly more pleasant than being couped up in a sweltering, crowded concourse (and it does get STINKING hot in the WSU in the summer).

[edit] With the added benefit that this would of course relive some of the pressure on the concourse queues for food etc.

This isn't a moan by the way. I cuffing love the Amex, its my favouritist place on earth. But with a bit of thought and a more "can-do" attitude, it could be even better.

This.

One billion percent.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Local ales

good post. hadn't really thought of it that way before...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here