Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't have loads of saves to make tonight, a few vital ones, but generally he just looked so composed & much more experienced than his years would suggest. Totally unfazed to be playing on the international stage against France. His passing out to defenders, his distribution, collecting crosses, organising his defence, all top class. & few very decent saves when called upon.

Well done Bart!
If his distribution is good enough for Netherlands in the Euros, it really should be good enough for BHAFC.

Silly RDZ.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Didn't have loads of saves to make tonight, a few vital ones, but generally he just looked so composed & much more experienced than his years would suggest. Totally unfazed to be playing on the international stage against France. His passing out to defenders, his distribution, collecting crosses, organising his defence, all top class. & few very decent saves when called upon.

Well done Bart!
He played one diagonal long pass onto the chest of his team mate in the second half that was outstanding. I got pissed off waiting for the commentators to praise it as it really was special, but nothing!

I still maintain he’ll be our next big sale. A lot of top clubs are going to be after him soon. He is an exceptional talent. Top recruiting. Again.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He played one diagonal long pass onto the chest of his team mate in the second half that was outstanding. I got pissed off waiting for the commentators to praise it as it really was special, but nothing!

I still maintain he’ll be our next big sale. A lot of top clubs are going to be after him soon. He is an exceptional talent. Top recruiting. Again.
He'll be a big sale, but the next? Dunno. He's a goalie, we'll have a good chance to keep him for a few years. Mitoma, Pervis and Van Hecke will probably all move before he does imho.

Clearly a great goalie though and - unless the new manager is as blind as the last one - he'll be even better now when he will continuously play without rotation interrupting his rhythm.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He'll be a big sale, but the next? Dunno. He's a goalie, we'll have a good chance to keep him for a few years. Mitoma, Pervis and Van Hecke will probably all move before he does imho.

Clearly a great goalie though and - unless the new manager is as blind as the last one - he'll be even better now when he will continuously play without rotation interrupting his rhythm.
Due to their injuries I think we’ll keep Mitoma and Pervis a bit longer and there is more choice of centre backs plus he’s not quite at that top level yet so I think we’ll also keep Van Hecke longer.

Bayern, Liverpool and City are all going to be looking for keepers in the near future.

When Bart does go, I think he’ll go for more money than those three too.

Totally agree with your second paragraph.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
If he continues to do well in the Euros I can see him being one of the next to leave for an eye watering fee, maybe even this window. Given we have a number of promising keepers it wouldn’t be a shock to me. Succession planning don’t you know :wink:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If he continues to do well in the Euros I can see him being one of the next to leave for an eye watering fee, maybe even this window. Given we have a number of promising keepers it wouldn’t be a shock to me. Succession planning don’t you know :wink:
He is going nowhere this window, I am not even entertaining that thought, so just stop it......

Please.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Due to their injuries I think we’ll keep Mitoma and Pervis a bit longer and there is more choice of centre backs plus he’s not quite at that top level yet so I think we’ll also keep Van Hecke longer.

Bayern, Liverpool and City are all going to be looking for keepers in the near future.

When Bart does go, I think he’ll go for more money than those three too.

Totally agree with your second paragraph.
Almost certain Mitoma would have left this summer if it wasn't for his injury. If he stays fit next season I just don't see how he's not leaving next summer. At 28 it will pretty much be his last chance to get the big move. Maybe better chance to keep Pervis but just like Mitoma he needs to be sold next summer if we want max value. And I don't think we're going to be willing to sell more than two key players in one summer so he might need to wait until 2026. But we'll see, I guess some of the willingness to sell will be tied to the development of Rushworth/Beadle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tedious reading a wish list of who we are going to get big money for.

Sounds like a greedy third world parent calculating how much dowry they will get for their lovely daughters.

As @Psychobilly freakout says, stop it, please.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Sounds like a greedy third world parent calculating how much dowry they will get for their lovely daughters.

Quite

It's not like we can't afford to keep some decent players because we're a top 10(-ish) team in the most competitive/richest league.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I'll give you 3 camels, a gold ring and a lovely Persian rug for Bart Verburggen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I am accepting that if the price is right, we’ll sell anyone. Annoying but it’s part of the business model and we are not doing too badly with it. I do often wonder how we’d be doing if we didn’t keep doing it though….

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think he has a big future. I think any keeper would struggle being rotated like he was under RDZ

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I think he has a big future. I think any keeper would struggle being rotated like he was under RDZ
Of course the counter argument is he would have struggled being dropped straight in. Our GK coach seems to think that and he saw him every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here