Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He'd only leave to be first choice for a top team, and PL-wise, Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham all bought in a new first choice goalie last summer. Surely more likely next year?
There's talk of Alisson heading to Saudi.

With Slot at Anfield, the Dutch connection might make a bid for Verbruggen more likely?

Pure speculation on my part, but it's logical enough.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I would hope we've got Verbruggen for one more season before Rushworth takes over, that is why I would like to stay here and fight the jersey this season, so he is ready to take over fully next season (with Scherpen as no 2). This allows Rushworth to get familiar with the team and how it works.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would hope we've got Verbruggen for one more season before Rushworth takes over, that is why I would like to stay here and fight the jersey this season, so he is ready to take over fully next season (with Scherpen as no 2). This allows Rushworth to get familiar with the team and how it works.
Far better for Rushworth to continue his development, not getting splinters in his bum. And just suppose if, after 'fighting for the jersey' Rushworth replaced Bart, then Bart's value would plummet. We can't rely on Chelsea to buy our 'Number three goalkeeper*' again!

* He wasn't, and neither would Bart be.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Bart’s distribution with the ball at his feet has been superb in the first half.
He’s now on everyone’s radar.

Looks solid with that goalkeeping bit of the role too.

Contrary to RDZs view, I reckon that being able to save shots is quite an important part of being a goalkeeper. Verbruggen seems pretty good at that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is his penalty record as poor as I think it is (rubbish)?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not many penalties are saved by goalkeepers anyway. What is your point?
Was a thought based on the earlier penalty that I’d never seen him save one, it’s not a “point” it was a question

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Was a thought based on the earlier penalty that I’d never seen him save one, it’s not a “point” it was a question
Has one penalty save credited to him in his career. Was in the Belgian Challenger Pro League, which is their second tier playing for Anderlecht reserves against Standard Liege reserves.

Apart from one little misjudgment on a cross early on, he has had a fantastic tournament. His passing from foot has really come on over the past year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here