Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

“Be careful what you wish for Brighton fans” - How the football world owes us an apology

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I am still moaning about it - some people just don't seem to be able to move on and are trying to re-write history.

Why would I go near the Bristol forum (and which one) - the only connection that I have with Bristol is a relative who lived there for a few months in the 1950s.
I'm going to agree with Chicken Run for once. Please just **** off you tiresome bore.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Jolly Red Giant. Two questions:

1) have you ever been to an Albion game?

2) when Hughton gets another job, will you move your allegiance to that club?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Albion have had their troubles like any other club.
They have fought their way up and down through the leagues, finally entering the PL club.
Fans old and new can claim their Andy Warhol moment and say I was there when.......
The club has continually set trends every step of the way, changing with the times and making decisions that may not agree with the football world.
IMO this attracts players and background staff who want to be part of something that is different and special.
As mentioned in the OP, many apologies are overdue :thumbsup:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Evidence?

And there is also this misapprehension that Hughton would not have changed the style of football. His teams played to the strengths of the players at his disposal. When Brighton were in the Championship they played a more expansive form of football - when Hughton was at Newcastle they played an exciting attacking brand of football.

yes - Bloom is - and we will see over the coming seasons if he made the right choice. It looks relatively good so far. But it really was not fair on Hughton that he was given limited resources to keep the club in the PL (with players he had little say in signing) - and when he gets sacked Bloom opens the purse because he has to prove he made the right decision. Now - Bloom is entitled to do that - he owns the club. But it is one of the reasons why I don't like the way soccer is dominated by vast sums of money - it has taken the game away from its roots.

Sitting in the dressing room were you?

for the record - answered on numerous occasions.

Another one with a crystal ball

(and for the record - my support of Corbyn was critical support and I have been highly critical of his approach while LP leader).

You and your crystal ball.

CH was found out, he has never changed his style because he gets the players he has to play that way. He played that way at Norwich as he did at Newcastle and with us. In the championship it is very effective as it makes you hard to beat and there isn’t the quality to unpick you. That isn’t the case in the premier league as we found out.
It was defend at all costs and hope to get the odd goal. This played into the hands of most of the teams in the premier and worse those around us thrived on it. Fulham, Bournemouth, scumhampton to name a few.

The problem with your crystal ball is that it’s one-eyed ... or you need new batteries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Evidence?

And there is also this misapprehension that Hughton would not have changed the style of football. His teams played to the strengths of the players at his disposal. When Brighton were in the Championship they played a more expansive form of football - when Hughton was at Newcastle they played an exciting attacking brand of football.

yes - Bloom is - and we will see over the coming seasons if he made the right choice. It looks relatively good so far. But it really was not fair on Hughton that he was given limited resources to keep the club in the PL (with players he had little say in signing) - and when he gets sacked Bloom opens the purse because he has to prove he made the right decision. Now - Bloom is entitled to do that - he owns the club. But it is one of the reasons why I don't like the way soccer is dominated by vast sums of money - it has taken the game away from its roots.

Sitting in the dressing room were you?

for the record - answered on numerous occasions.

Another one with a crystal ball

(and for the record - my support of Corbyn was critical support and I have been highly critical of his approach while LP leader).

I was going to say welcome back, but that would be disingenuous. I preferred it here when you were banned.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Okay then - let's have at it

I am...

As much as I made it through, sorry.

You lost any and all integrity for debate a while back when you didn't have the slightest clue how TB made his money and went on the offensive with a clear agenda.

Better luck next year, we survived. I bet that hurt since you were undoubtedly itching for the decision we made to backfire.

I notice from your other posts that you are laying down some new groundwork of warnings for us, with gems like "It's going to be tough for you next year". I mean seriously, move on for ****s sake.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The futures bright. The most satisfying product of Potter's first season for me has been the promotion, development and trust which has been placed in youth.

This sets us up to attract a completely different calibre of young prospect in the transfer market.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Poor old Barnsey’s still arguing on Twitter about Chris Hughton.. he’s been at it all day.

I feel slightly responsible [emoji23]

[tweet]1279841192906235906[/tweet]

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was absolutely gutted that we had sacked CH last summer and foolishly believed we only had a squad capable of a relegation battle, but seeing those same players pass to each other and retain possession opened my eyes to what a change of coaching could bring to a squad. I firmly believed we would get relegated under CH as he was incredibly predictable so was excited to the idea of what Potter could do.

It hasn't been clean sailing and not every idea has come off or worked as intended, but there is clear evidence of a style of play and a master plan which will be used to move us to a top 10 side. A focus on player development and a willingness to use the best fit rather than favourite choices means we saw some decent players loaned out and youngsters given game time.

The end of a transitional season will be a welcome break but the signs for potential improvements are so vast under Potter and I cannot wait for a transfer window to see how we will build

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As much as I made it through, sorry.

You lost any and all integrity for debate a while back when you didn't have the slightest clue how TB made his money and went on the offensive with a clear agenda.

Better luck next year, we survived. I bet that hurt since you were undoubtedly itching for the decision we made to backfire.

I notice from your other posts that you are laying down some new groundwork of warnings for us, with gems like "It's going to be tough for you next year". I mean seriously, move on for ****s sake.

Two bitter Hughton obsessives wanted Potter to fail, for Bloom to be punished, one’s not even an Albion fan.

They lost. Bloom won, yet again, as did all true fans of the club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Poor old Barnsey’s still arguing on Twitter about Chris Hughton.. he’s been at it all day.

I feel slightly responsible [emoji23]

https://twitter.com/officialbarnesy/status/1279841192906235906?s=21

Many people agreed at the time that we were mad to get rid of Hughton, but I bet they were not there to see the performances. The problem is C H is a likeable person so it was even harder for them to agree with. Imo the problem Barnes has with it is the fact that C H is black. Barnes is always going on about himself not getting a managers job because of the colour of his skin, he never talks about his managerial career when he was a manager, why because he was shit.

He likes the fact that when a job comes up, a BAME person must be interviewed for the position, that to me is racist. The colour of anyone's skin does not dictate you will get the job, it's your previous record in that position.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He needs to let it go.

We endured the worsening dross, has he ever even been to the Amex?

It’s not personal, CH will always be loved by Albion fans.

Good summary. We are long-standing STH. We spend a lot of money supporting the club. This season we have enjoyed watching football at the AMEX whereas last season we did not. To me that is the only statistic that matters. Not sure why John Barnes or random away fans think it is anything to do with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here