Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedwetters gone quiet

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Did you ride up to your Ivory Tower on your high horse?

Good point well made. Trouble is that the poster in question is so reliably boring that the horse would probably fall asleep. There are probably spectacularly uninteresting BAGPIPERS out there who think that he drones on too much.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Nearly all of us were concerned, but there's a huge difference between that and some of the moaning about how Bloom was cashing in and not going to spend any of the money, and how we'd left it too late to get anyone decent, etc etc.

I agree with this, I was concerned when we lost out with Ward as at that time it seemed we were in a bad place with results on the pitch and it seemed a failure to get targets over the line, Grabban, Ward, Clayton. I was never a moaner just worried about the club. Having said that I never thought TB would allow it all to slip having invested somewhere around 200 million quid. With that investment to me he and the team he employs are virtually beyond reproach. It appears that the last 14 days have been very very good for the Albion on and off the pitch. I am very excited about what I saw against Bolton so who knows what might happen this season. I remain quietly confident that we will again have a decent season in the Championship. Just imagine the bedwetting in the transfer window next summer if we found ourselves promoted to the premier league....

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
11 signings ....

7 new players in 11 days, to complete our PROMOTION WINNING SQUAD

Where are you? Should've kept the faith

This has to be one of the biggest LOOK AT ME AREN'T I WONDERFUL threads ever in the history of NSC surely !!!!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The blind optimists are just as annoying as the Negative Norman's (Normen?)

I got flamed in the other thread for saying we had done, at the time of writing, poor business this window so far. Then we signed three players, fixed the problems I stated and now we have a great squad.

The problem is opinion on NSC is governed by whether we won or lost the last match, not the bigger picture. But then most football fans are incredibly stupid.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyone else think they should make a film called Bedwetters vs Lickers? Like Monsters vs Aliens only much more tedious.

Good Idea. We can call it BrianWade4 vs BrianWade4

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I generally agree with the majority of comments on this thread, on both sides. You can't castigate fans who were concerned about the lack of transfer activity after selling/losing some of our best players just before the season started.

I went to the Forum and heard TB say that he should be judged at the end of the Transfer Window. I thought it best to go along with Tony and posted that I would "Keep My Powder Dry" until the end of the month. I was concerned after the first two league defeats but appreciated that we were trying to get the right players at the right price. I would have vented my spleen if we didn't buy any quality in the window.

However........ It wasn't posters worrying about lack of progress that bugged me. It was the fact that someone had to start a new ****ing thread every two hours on the subject, and often with real venom. It was if they, and they alone, had concerns and needed to start a new thread about it so the rest of us would know.

In amongst all the uber fans preening themselves for being so patient and now smugly sneering at anyone who thought the recruitment up to the day following the Birmingham game was a worry, this is almost as satisfying as having all these new players. There was a nasty Gus Poyet shadow hanging over this club last season and Buckley's departure has finally lifted it.

Gus players still made up 7 of our starting 11 last week, imcluding the skipper, the MOTM, a goalscorer... No Oscar signings, that shadow has certainly disappeared :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was concerned when we lost out with Ward as at that time it seemed we were in a bad place with results on the pitch and it seemed a failure to get targets over the line, Grabban, Ward, Clayton. I was never a moaner just worried about the club. Having said that I never thought TB would allow it all to slip having invested somewhere around 200 million quid. With that investment to me he and the team he employs are virtually beyond reproach.
Exactly. As if Bloom has spent £200m just to suddenly give in without a fight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus players still made up 7 of our starting 11 last week, imcluding the skipper, the MOTM, a goalscorer... No Oscar signings, that shadow has certainly disappeared :lol:

You'll get over Gus once Hyypia's style has us having an average of 20 shots on goal a game. Possession football without many shots is so 2012 :wink:

You'll get over Gus once Hyypia's style has us having an average of 20 shots on goal a game. Possession football without many shots is so 2012 :wink:

Well I hope so. It's certainly a blessed change to look forward to a game this Saturday :cheers:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The opposite. A bed wetter admitting he got it wrong

And again look at me look at me !! I think I was right look at meeeeeee !!!!!!:ffsparr:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ultimately, we don't know what goes on because we're not told..

The club must be one of the most transparent out there. Online, social, public meetings, local fan clubs, emails, interviews, podcasts.. TB, Barber etc are no slouches in telling fans what's happening and do it 24/7. They were very clear about the transfer window from the outset and repeated it many times in many forums in many ways. We will provide a competitive squad by the time the window closes.

Yet they weren't believed by many who post on here.

Threads about TB selling the club, only interested in infrastructure, the competency of the recruitment team , the motives of Paul Barber was questioned constantly and the words of Bloom were dismissed, forgotten or not believed. It was only 7 signings in 11 days and 3 wins on the trot and hey presto.

As a wise poster on here said yesterday, it's either famine or feast on here from most of us and let's face it were a long way from being promoted. It's going to be a tough job getting that squad to play together in a new system for a manager unused to the Championship and relatively untested. Things are going to get rough. I guarantee it.

But were we told. ?
Constantly. Again and again. The club were crystal clear ...
Some just chose not to listen ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here