Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion goal you've ever seen in the flesh?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Alan Duffy s screamer on his début i think....i was just a kid right behind the goal,rattle and all......and i still remember it !

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I've got fond memories of Ian Chapman smashing one in at the Goldstone against Bournemouth - think it finished 3-3.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Jimbo for me at 01.58 on this vid, great goal, great sway
YouTube

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Only been to a few games, and as many of them were dire, the only goal that sticks out is Harley's free-kick at the Amex against Peterborough towards the beginning of last season. 2-0 it finished.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Oops left out Burnley in my bit about Bob McNicol. How about any of Adrian Thorne's five against Watford- the first time we were ever promoted!!Not so much the goals but the result,which proved we could do it!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Jimmy Case V Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup semi Final was right behind that goal at the top i was 15

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
Absolutely completely ditto and this. Was situated in the East Terrace at that end so had a great view of it.
Although was at Highbury for THAT goal as well.

Was in the West stand watching this one. Was made even better because it was against Shilton in his prime. As good as Case at Highbury vs. Wednesday in the FA Cup semi-final in 83. Great memorys...!!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Robert codner when he scored from the centre circle at home park in a three nil win. I would guess the year as 1992 or 93.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
never seen bobby's vs halifax although heard a lot about it, anyone like to post a video!?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Alan Duffy s screamer on his début i think....i was just a kid right behind the goal,rattle and all......and i still remember it !
That was the one I was going to quote...straight into the south goal...only us wrinkles will remember that. And Kit Napier scoring from a corner kick...how many players can take a corner and score and no other player touch the ball.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
CKR's goal at Reading, in that 5-1 mauling, was pretty decent. Curled an absolute mile.

Was thinking the same thing! A great goal that made it well worth staying. The game also saw the most comical own goal I have seen when Charlie (I think it was anyway) fell over under no pressure and flicked the ball in with his heel. That was followed by the Dave Kitson diving show!

It was the first time I ever went to Reading and after that game swore I would never come back.

6 months later I was offered a place at the uni and 7 years later am still here.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Buckleys's run and the own goal v. Newcastle was very good.

Bobby Z against the old Wimbledon in a cup match from a Steele cross

and

Peter Wards magic against Mansfield in the Div 3 promotion year.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bennetts vs Oldham was a personal Fave.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Buckley's goal against Wolves was extremely encouraging. A masterful goal made to look easy, but it wasn't.

I watched the Albion for seven years before I saw a goal as good as that and that was Willie Irvines's in the early seventies.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Will Buckley's goal against Wolves was extremely encouraging. A masterful goal made to look easy, but it wasn't.

I watched the Albion for seven years before I saw a goal as good as that and that was Willie Irvines's in the early seventies.

I think that goal is just quality attacking play. Bridcutt wins possession and DARTS forwards, plays a cracking ball through to Buckley who RIFLES it into the bottom corner with his first touch.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Probably this for me - partly because it was so unexpected, partly because it was against the European Champions, and partly because it was past England legend Peter Shilton, prompting Cloughie's post-match quote "no-one beats Peter Shilton from 25 yards".

Except Gary Williams. :albion:
christ knows how many drinks that goal has bought him over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here