Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best beer you've ever had?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Did you see the bit on the I.T.V. local news tonight? Hepworths Brewery are bringing out a beer made with only Sussex ingredients. I think we should all give it a try, it would be rude not to. :drink:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
MYOB said:
Either Harveys doesn't travel, the Porterhouse sold me the gunk scraped off the inside of the toilet cistern, or you lot are all clinically insane....

Because what I got claiming to be Harveys over here was RANKLY disgusting.

It doesn't really travel well sadly, only downside it has. London Pride is very nice though, and that gets everywhere and still tastes good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harveys or Wadsworth 6X if we are talking bitter

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Old Speckled Hen is my favourite tinned beer. :drink:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Pint of Theakstons Old Peculier from The Royal Oak in Hawes

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
harveys is great,witchwood beers especially hobgoblin are all fantastic.the RED RIVER ALE from horsham's w.j.king (ex-part of the king and barns stable)brewery takes some beating,almost as good as the late lamented(dont try the hamshire shit masqurading as the greatest ever sussex bitter)king and barnes FESTIVE.

but THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD IS FROM cologne. the local beer is served very cold and very fresh,you leave a glass untouched for 10 mins and the bar staff will take your glass away(regardless of how full it may be)and bring you a new one.THIS IS NOT A CON TRICK TO MAKE TOU BUY MORE they genually think you want a new one. the local brew called KOLSH .pronunced nearer to kulsh is the finest smoothest most satisfying beer in the world.

SongSungBlue

Feb 16, 2005
Croydon
Come on!!!

1.. Harveys Old...drunk in front of the log fire in a pub!!!

2.. Theakstons Old Peculier - drunk very very cold

3. Fullers Jack Frost...Bloody Marveloous

4. Hoegaarden

5. King Cobra

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Half pint of Harvey's topped up with a bottle of Elizabethan ale. Wonderful.

Had a pint of Old in the Lord Nelson recently. Also very nice.

Badger bitter out of the bottle is also worth sampling, especially when ice-cold.

Forget beer in the US, it's rotten with chemicals - probably just to make you thirstier. They don't care what you consume here - the produce is chock-full of hormones, meat is injected to hold water-weight, fat in everything and poisoned to 'taste better' courtesy of MSG or whatever else they can dream up.

Ugh !

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Sean Locke once said that the amazing scientific fact about Kestrel Super-Strength was that not one can had ever been drunk indoors. :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Found a bar in Edinburgh (think it was called Burts Bar in William Street) that served Black Sheep on tap, it was a joy to behold. On the subject of Edinburgh the local Caledonian Brewery produced some pretty fine beer, 80 shillings was an amazingly good beer, as was Deuchars IPA.

If you talk to northerners they bang on about us suvverners being unable to brew a decent pint of beer, Harvey's, Gale, Wadworths, etc, etc, etc kill that claim off totally. I left Edinburgh in the autumn of 2000 and went to live in the Netherlands for 3 years, the Dutch it has to be said know absolutely nothing about brewing good beer, regardless of whatever else they are good at, amazing really when you consider who their next door neighbours are...

...the Belgians, we could devote a whole thread to favourite beers from that wonderful country...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
samparish said:
It doesn't really travel well sadly, only downside it has. London Pride is very nice though, and that gets everywhere and still tastes good.

Should I take that as a recommendation and see do the Porter House have it next time I'm in?

A friend of mine who likes some obscure czech beer drags me in there everytime we're in town for at least one... its a weird pub, as its never sold Carlsberg, Heneiken, etc...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
For some reason Kronenbourg in the Rat and Parrot in Crawley was always really good. Different from anywhere else I've had it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here