Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting query

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Good luck Chicken.

I'm going out to watch the Mickey Mouse cup final, and would never have been interested in regularly checking the other scores. I fear I may now be doing so, for your sake.

There's one key thing that people haven't mentioned, and it's away from betting talk, and back to the football. I believe the mighty Torres is back.

Finally, if you'd like to know what a random selection of people would, if I was in your position, (I think) I'd be betting in a way that ensures me at least £3k.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I wouldn't lay for the amounts many people are suggesting. Chances are Liverpool will win. I'd say it's about 90% certain. Maybe lay so that you get £1,000 if Liverpool f*** up, but I'd definitely leave it so that you get the majority of the £9,000 if they do what they should do.

:thumbsup:

It's well worth parting with a few quid now though just to ensure that you finish four-figures up, irrespective of the outcome.

Very best of luck, whatever you decide.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Definitely hedge your bet. I'm wary of teams that have played a long distance, european match in midweek.

It could be one of those nervy 1-0 wins. I'd be shitting bricks in the last ten minutes for that kind of money!

Best of luck, chicken.:thumbsup:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Right thats it - thanks to all that gave advice and wishes.

Seeing as it was £2 bet to start with I can't really lose so I have gone for a £2k lay. That will pay off my credit cards and will save me £7k in future charges if I don't blow them out again!

I have learnt a lot from this so hopefully thats good as well.

Funny thing is last week I posted this

If your accys are anything like mine you will have to wait till hell freezes over to get a result

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Liverpool are currently 1.38 to Lay on Betfair .
Assuming you can access the funds and allowing for a Betfair commision of 5% ,
if you lay 'em for £6,533.01 , you'll lock in £6,204.47 , whatever the outcome of the match .

The website below will calculate all the other different permutations you might wish to consider .
Scroll down to the Back/Lay tab .

http://www.arbcruncher.com/free_popup.asp?type=6

Good luck mate !

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Right thats it - thanks to all that gave advice and wishes.

Seeing as it was £2 bet to start with I can't really lose so I have gone for a £2k lay. That will pay off my credit cards and will save me £7k in future charges if I don't blow them out again!

I have learnt a lot from this so hopefully thats good as well.

Funny thing is last week I posted this

So what are all the combinations?

You'll win £7k if Liverpool win. How much if it's a draw/Blackburn win?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So what are all the combinations?

You'll win £7k if Liverpool win. How much if it's a draw/Blackburn win?

If he's laid £2000 it should cost him c£760, so he'd be...

Liverpool win - £8250ish
Any other result - £2000ish

You are covered for the draw, right?

If he laid the Liverpool win, yes.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Hi all

Is it better to lay £2k off on Liverpool to not win which would give me a liabilty of £760 or

Bet £1000 on Blackburn to win thereby possibly returning £10500 and covering the draw with £1000 possibly returning £4300

What a dilemma!

If you want to hedge, the logical way to do it is to take account of the odds and adjust the bet accordingly.
Assuming 3-10 is the right price for a Liverpool win - and the odds-setters don't make many mistakes - then it's about 77pc in terms of implied chance. So hedge in order to take 77pc of the payout if Liverpool win.
And whatever you do, the very best of luck.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
If you want to hedge, the logical way to do it is to take account of the odds and adjust the bet accordingly.
Assuming 3-10 is the right price for a Liverpool win - and the odds-setters don't make many mistakes - then it's about 77pc in terms of implied chance. So hedge in order to take 77pc of the payout if Liverpool win.
And whatever you do, the very best of luck.

Sorry, didn't see that you'd already hedged for 2 grand. Nice one. Now you can play up the winnings at Cheltenham...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Many congrats Chicken dude.

Its exactly what all us mugs dream of when we fill out our weekend quickslips. Its nice to see they CAN come off.

Enjoy your winnings.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well done Chicken.

I bet the bookies love stories like this. I haven't placed a bet for years, but spurred on by your good fortune I know that I'll be chancing a few quid on an accumulator next week.

Enjoy the windfall!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
for a 2 quid bet i probably would have left it myself but youve been very sensible in the end, well done mate, cant lose now, but with the `pool currently 1-0 up hopefully you`ll get the right bit up.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
great accy,you deserve it,as for spending,deffo falmer would be my first option

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here