Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bmw m3

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I maybe wrong here butt i thought all cars imported into this country had restricters fitted stopping them going over 155mph I only say this because my boss has a AMG merc and according to his sons its restricted also his son says hias R32 is restricted as well

As i said i maybe wrong and will probably be proved wrong

Yup, it's not a rule for over here. Germans generally limit their powerful cars to 155MPH even though they can do more. It's like the old Japanese 'agreement' between manufacturers that meant their most powerful cars only produced 276BHP even though they were capable of so much more. My mates BMW 330ci is limited to 155 but if you remove the limiter it can do... 157!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Well it was until about 15 mins ago, just sold it :down: new baby forces sale and all that.
I am officially an ex-biker now and the worst thing is my helmet looks so sad hanging there on its hook without a bike next to it :cry:

but its ok because i'm the proud owner of a people carrier now :down:

You are joking? If anything we've got more cars since we became parents - you'll need a break everynow and then, and you won't get it by going for a spin in a "people carrier" - are you expecting sextuplets next?

Shameful behaviour from a fellow motorist/biker :lol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
BMW's are good maybe even great cars no doubt but the fact that no bugger wants to let you out at junctions, coupled with the "look at me I've made it" image of the car would put me off ever buying one

I had a BMW for about a year and a half, there is no doubt that it was extremely well made and an absolute joy to drive, the only downer is the image that the car attracts. I eventually got rid because it was a lot of money tied up in a lump of metal and didn't quite fit into the area I lived in at the time, didn't want to start attracting the wrong sort of attention...if you get my drift!

When I picked it up from the garage the bloke handling the delivery said to me that as soon as I drove off the forecourt everyone on the road would hate me, to which I added "except other BMW drivers"....I would tend to say that he was right, but I took great pleasure in letting people out at junctions (it was worth it for the looks of disbelief on their faces as I waved them in), also proving that the car did have working indicators...another claim aimed at drivers of that make of car, often rightly so!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The point of the thread is that a car that can do 200mph+ is going to be aimed at mainly the british market,where we have the most speed cameras and the most unmarked cop cars in the world.
Why do you say it is "aimed mainly at the British market"? I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that the German market is just as big, then there is the American market, Japanese, Italian, French..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here