Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be honest it's annoying me how many people feel the need to say 'i don't agree with his policies but..' as if it's a badge if honour to say you disagree with him but you hope he's ok.

I in turn find that a rather odd comment. I'm one that can't stand the bloke and his politics but I certainly don't wish him ill health. Seems to me that you're just using the situation to take a pot shot at those you see on the left.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope I'm where you are soon. You don't always get a cough for this

Very best wishes to you. We can all think what we like about one another when emoting on a football forum, but in real life.... it's different.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
During my time in bed, I read a lot of stuff online from people who have had it or think they’ve had it, as well as studies from China and Italy based on admittedly small sample numbers. What came across is that there is a much wider range of symptoms than official advice would have you believe. If you listen to the government, they pretty much say you must have a fever and a cough to have it. But it’s not always the case, and a LOT of people never get the cough. For me, the cough was probably the mildest symptom and under normal circumstances I doubt I’d have even noticed it. Even now there seems a reluctance for official bodies to acknowledge loss of smell as a symptom for example, despite so many patients stating they experienced it.
I think they know it's often a symptom, but what they're reluctant to do is tell people they probably have the virus if that's their only symptom. It obviously wasn't your only symptom, you had a fever, which is at the top of their list.

An Italian friend of mine has likely had the virus, and loss of smell and taste was her only symptom. But some people do get a loss of smell because of hay-fever or sinusitis, so it's not a clear enough symptom on it's own.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well they do say to read the current outcomes with caution, as many of the results of people still alive haven't been posted, because they're still in ICU.

On the one hand we've got an A&E doctor saying he'd be treated the same as everyone else, but on the other hand we've got this from Laura Kuenssberg:
"After very, very little information was shared today, the prime minister was taken into intensive care at around 19:00 BST.

We've been told he is still conscious, but his condition has worsened over the course of the afternoon.

And he has been moved to intensive care as a precaution in case he needs ventilation to get through this illness."

So she's saying it's been reported he doesn't need ventilation yet, and that it's a precaution, so not what the A&E doctor said. I don't know which story is right.

Given that they have so far seemingly downplayed how serious he has obviously been, it's quite a concern if they need to stress that he is still conscious.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given that they have so far seemingly downplayed how serious he has obviously been, it's quite a concern if they need to stress that he is still conscious.
"We understand the Prime Minister is still conscious"

"Jesus Christ, it's worse than we thought!"

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Pretty stark article from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-icu-shows-hes-likely-to-have-severe-covid-19

There’s little point in speculating, but thus far the official party line appears to have understated the seriousness of his condition at every stage. I really hope he’s able to pull through this, but I think it’s increasingly clear that his situation is precarious. Best case scenario it seems unlikely we’ll see him in office for at least a month.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
8 days for me and I feel terrible. Did NHS111 test and they said phone for ambulance. I did and a nurse called me back. Since I'm not having trouble breathing or bleeding I should remain at home for the time being. My fever is there and I haven't moved much from bed. Haven't even had a bath In in this time just to weak.
Starting to lose my appetite. I said To my missus I'm not confident of seeing this out. She needs to stay away from me as much as possible as she is certainly in the vulnerable section.
I've never experienced anything like this. The fever and illness comes in waves.
At this moment I'm breathing fine.

We don't often see eye to eye Spence, but I hope you are on the road to recovery soon and take care.

el punal

The only good thing that will come out of this is that people will be shocked into obeying the rules.

God, I hope so. Unfortunately there is always a tiny minority of “people” who are either ignorant or selfish or complete f***tards or all three who will totally disregard any advice or common sense.

For those of you in that category I wish you ill, no, not with COVID-19 but a suitable plague of boils will suffice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
8 days for me and I feel terrible. Did NHS111 test and they said phone for ambulance. I did and a nurse called me back. Since I'm not having trouble breathing or bleeding I should remain at home for the time being. My fever is there and I haven't moved much from bed. Haven't even had a bath In in this time just to weak.
Starting to lose my appetite. I said To my missus I'm not confident of seeing this out. She needs to stay away from me as much as possible as she is certainly in the vulnerable section.
I've never experienced anything like this. The fever and illness comes in waves.
At this moment I'm breathing fine.

You've always been very forthright in your opinions and get a fair few brickbats on here as a result. But you always give as good as you get, I'm sure our keyboards have crossed many times chap. Whatever our opinions though, this is still a community. I and everyone on here will be pulling for you and wishing you well. I'll ask one thing though - don't let your updates be buried somewhere on page x of a monster thread - I'll want to know how you're getting on, as I'm sure will everyone.

All the best fella. Stay strong and keep fighting. We'll all be better off for knowing when you get through this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think they both match quite well. On some level I would imagine most patients moved into ICU are precautionary. I doubt they leave them in a normal ward until it is absolutely necessary that they be in ICU. There will be exceptions for cases that go bad very rapidly though. So, precautionary, and treating him like normal would scan in my book.

Just chatting with my daughter.....she said they haven’t moved anyone to ICU unless they really are very, very poorly (certainly not as a ‘precaution’ - as a minimum it’ll be because extensive support and monitoring is needed with the ability to provide rapid extra care)..........decisions are having to be made about whether it’s sensible to even move certain very ill patients to ICU (typically the elderly and wouldn’t apply to Boris).

He looked pretty dreadful when he was shown clapping on Thursday. Can’t possibly have helped that he’s carried on working, the enormous stress he’s been under etc.
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] - hang in there fella, sounds just awful. Hope it clears up soon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

That article is very scary indeed.

Let’s hope it’s wrong and that Downing Street is correct and that this is precautionary; we all hope he is moved out of ICU ASAP. But I hear that Buckingham Palace have been allowed to follow developments very closely which implies the general public won’t be (to me).

Best wishes to Mr Johnson and his family.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Corrected for accuracy

Yeah, alright, I’ll give you that - I suppose I did ‘speculate’ a little there. In my defence what I meant was that it was folly to try and second guess precisely what condition the prime minister is in. Because we don’t know.

The rest of what I said was at least based on information that is more widely circulated, i.e.:

• That the official line on Boris’ condition has been undermined by the progression of events within hours
  • Those who are admitted to ICU tend to require ventilation, and that in itself suggests a precarious situation
  • Recovery, once the disease enters its more serious phase, takes several weeks

So yeah, you were right to call me out - but I’d hope you can at least see where I was coming from. It’s a worrying situation, and I do very much hope he pulls through.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Quick update. Ambulance on way now. I need to go into hospital

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just chatting with my daughter.....she said they haven’t moved anyone to ICU unless they really are very, very poorly (certainly not as a ‘precaution’ - as a minimum it’ll be because extensive support and monitoring is needed with the ability to provide rapid extra care)..........decisions are having to be made about whether it’s sensible to even move certain very ill patients to ICU (typically the elderly and wouldn’t apply to Boris).

He looked pretty dreadful when he was shown clapping on Thursday. Can’t possibly have helped that he’s carried on working, the enormous stress he’s been under etc.
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] - hang in there fella, sounds just awful. Hope it clears up soon.

I think they are likely to be extra cautious with the Prime Minister though, to have him in a place where the equipment is on hand IF he rapidly deteriorates. They can also more closely monitor his breathing and his vital organs. That kind of care might not be afforded to your 'average joe', so I think the statement about it being precautionary is probably accurate. The reports tonight are saying he is not having invasive ventilator treatment, but is receiving oxygen. So your "at a minimum" observation is probably spot on. He'll just get more priority than most, as you would expect when resources are stretched.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here