Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just heard an absolute pearler on th Jeremy Vine show
The Queen should dissolve Paiiament , and install a benevolent dictator, until things get better.
Nigel Farage, was his choice of Fuhrer, and I thought it was about democracy

In fairness, I could hear mental health workers banging on the blokes front door :mad:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Exactly the same as in the US. A friend went on holiday there - when he landed, they looked at his photo, it wasn't laminated, so they ripped it out of his passport and handed it back to him. He was sent on the next flight back to the UK.

We do the checks at border control - if someone doesn't have the required documents, we send them back where they came from. This isn't new, it's how it's always been.

France. It's not our problem that they don't have a French passport, they came from France, we send them back to France. Just like if a Mexican crossed the border to the US without a passport, they'd be sent back to Mexico, even if they don't have a Mexican passport.

What do you think every other country in the world does? We don't just have to accept people without passports.

But you said your self your friend (idiot lol) was sent back to the UK as he is British.

You are right, but we cant send them back to France, they would not have to accept them as they do not hold a French passport, so where would you send them if France refuse?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Over 100 incidents being investigated by Police.

But if you read some of the posts under the referendum thread all out voters are not racist or stupid.

Both can't be correct given the 'I voted out so go now'

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Queen should dissolve Paiiament , and install a benevolent dictator, until things get better.

In fairness, I could hear mental health workers banging on the blokes front door :mad:

I wouldn't mind at the moment if The Queen just took over herself. She's not going to do any worse than anyone else.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Jesus Christ, we really are going all out for 1930's Germany

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
But you said your self your friend (idiot lol) was sent back to the UK as he is British.

You are right, but we cant send them back to France, they would not have to accept them as they do not hold a French passport, so where would you send them if France refuse?

There is no logic in your post.

An Indian guy arrives at Heathrow on a student visa but after immigration officials do some checks they decide he's come here to work and so send him back to Frankfurt. Why Frankfurt I hear you ask? Because that was his port of embarkation as he had a connecting flight from there after arriving from Mumbai. Saw this on one of those UK Border TV programs a while back. It doesn't matter what passport you have if UKBA decide you ain't coming in then you get sent back to the place you arrived from. Its a moot point for a lot of the immigrants since many simply don't have a passport so wouldn't even make it onto the ferry.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I agree here. especially the party about manufacturing in the UK. Why not start to produce goods and services in the countries/areas that they are going to be used. Save money on transport and movement, increase employment and save the environment. It is a win win win. A political party offering this sort of simple logic to provide growth would get my vote.

There's nothing stopping you buying British made goods.

The reason why people don't buy them is that they are of a higher quality, or lower price, or a combination of both, from overseas.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, he was sent back where he came from. Otherwise if you're in Canada and want a cheap flight home, just fly over the border and tell them you lost your passport and you're British, and get a free flight home.

France can't refuse, they came from France. They're not in the UK, they're on a boat coming from somewhere. They're not in the UK until they've passed through passport control.

You're suggesting that every country in the world can send boat loads of people here, and we have no choice but to accept them all, as they don't have passports, and we've nowhere to send them. You realise that's mad, right?

friend (idiot lol)
Poor bugger - UK passport office messed up his passport and he didn't notice. He got to the US with another mate who was allowed in, so his holiday consisted of two plane trips.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Brussels officials reportedly said Scotland will not be able to remain a member without the UK
SCOTLAND was dealt a huge blow by Brussels after chiefs ruled they can not remain in the EU when the UK leaves.

Nicola Sturgeon called for “immediate discussions” to “protect Scotland’s place in the EU” after Brits backed Brexit on Thursday.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13440...told-they-must-leave-with-the-rest-of-the-uk/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-humiliated-Brussels-says-No-s-not-works.html

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We also need an end to Project Lets paint all leave voters as Sun reading racist bigots

Well I'm a Sun reader and think it's hilarious.Driving up the blood pressure of all the swivel-eyed rabid english haters should become a national sport!The picture that comes to mind of them foaming at the mouth with hatred warms the cockles of my heart,the sad losers!:)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There is no logic in your post.

An Indian guy arrives at Heathrow on a student visa but after immigration officials do some checks they decide he's come here to work and so send him back to Frankfurt. Why Frankfurt I hear you ask? Because that was his port of embarkation as he had a connecting flight from there after arriving from Mumbai. Saw this on one of those UK Border TV programs a while back. It doesn't matter what passport you have if UKBA decide you ain't coming in then you get sent back to the place you arrived from. Its a moot point for a lot of the immigrants since many simply don't have a passport so wouldn't even make it onto the ferry.

So they get sent back on the Ferry/train to France and they refuse the refugee? then what?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You'd like more manufacturing jobs in the UK? Good. So would I. Unfortunately you have just voted for exactly the opposite. Consider this from Patrick Minford, leading figure in the exclusive (ie small) Economists for Brexit group. He wants a clean break from the single market and and the abandonment of tariffs. He added: "Over time, if we left the EU, it seems likely that we would mostly eliminate manufacturing. But this shouldn't scare us."

Well it scares me and it might scare some of the poor saps who voted for team Brexit. Perhaps it doesn't scare you and it sure as heck doesn't scare Cardiff-based academics sitting in their Dingbat Ivory Towers.

Just about the only policies these scallywags had was to slice immigration and spend £350m a week or something on the NHS. Daniel Hannan now says the first was a bit of a misunderstanding and IDS says, yup, the NHS claim was a bit untrue.

Gee whizz.

Oi!

Patrick Mingford used to be head of my department at Uni.

He was one of the brains behind the Poll Tax for Mrs Thatcher.

He's highly respected.......by himself.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No, he was sent back where he came from. Otherwise if you're in Canada and want a cheap flight home, just fly over the border and tell them you lost your passport and you're British, and get a free flight home.

France can't refuse, they came from France. They're not in the UK, they're on a boat coming from somewhere. They're not in the UK until they've passed through passport control.

You're suggesting that every country in the world can send boat loads of people here, and we have no choice but to accept them all, as they don't have passports, and we've nowhere to send them. You realise that's mad, right?

It isnt a case of France sending people here, they are just going to stop stopping them trying to get here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here