Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge injury

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What a ridiculous argument/comparison! Zaha is a young player that has come through our academy and we have under contract, all the big clubs want him and we know it's a matter of when not if, that he goes to a big club. Bridge on the other hand is at the arse end of his career, if he was that amazing he would still be playing for a Prem team or a decent side abroad. Or are you that amazing that he would rather play for you than say a Fulham, Saints, Villa or Qpr.

Agreed. Bridge is shit and Zaha will score at least 5 past us on Saturday.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Exactly. I am not happy.
:laugh:
So how did Leeds and Hull do it? If they put 2 or 3 on him, why couldn't you beat the 8 or 9 remaining players?
Such a ridiculous argument. Is he as good as he's ever been... it's impossible to know, because, as with Zaha, he's not playing top opposition every week. However, we do know he's very good and could easily play in the premier league, and probably will next year. He's with us simply because City are paying him and don't care about the money, and probably don't want to loan him out to another premier league side.

So how did Leeds and Hull do it? If they put 2 or 3 on him, why couldn't you beat the 8 or 9 remaining players?
Leeds and Hull obviously watched our game vs Derby and saw that by putting 3 on Wilf it left room major space for the others to expolit, hence we won 3-0 with Murray and Moritz scoring. Wilf in the last 2games has been fairly quiet and fair play to both Bruce and Warnock, they risked it and each left only one player on him. Luckily for them it paid off but if you read what i actually wrote again you will see that i put "if Wilf is on top form" All i will say is that you had better hope that he plays like he has last 2 games rather than say vs Wolves, Burnley or countless other teams this season, because in those games he has been unplayable.

He's with us simply because City are paying him and don't care about the money, and probably don't want to loan him out to another premier league side.

Why wouldn't City want to loan him out to another Prem club? If City didn't want him to play agains't them then they could have easily inserted a clause into his contract. A team like Saints, Qpr or Norwich isn't going to challenge for the title and jeapodise City, so he may as well have gone on loan to one of them, if he was still that good it would strenghten these teams and may increase there chances of beating one of Citys rivals in the top 4.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a ridiculous argument/comparison! Zaha is a young player that has come through our academy and we have under contract, all the big clubs want him and we know it's a matter of when not if, that he goes to a big club. Bridge on the other hand is at the arse end of his career, if he was that amazing he would still be playing for a Prem team or a decent side abroad. Or are you that amazing that he would rather play for you than say a Fulham, Saints, Villa or Qpr?

He would walk into any of those teams but at the time of signing for us he hadn't played regularly and Prem managers were not prepared to take a chance on him. Lets see who comes in for him when his contract is up at the end of the season I am sure that some like Southampton will be in the Prem,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All i will say is that you had better hope that he plays like he has last 2 games rather than say vs Wolves
Well yes, if he catches the ball and the ref allows play on, then there's not a lot we can do.

Why wouldn't City want to loan him out to another Prem club? If City didn't want him to play agains't them then they could have easily inserted a clause into his contract.
That's a fair point, I don't know why he didn't go to one of them, perhaps purely because he'd lost interest and it was Gus that spotted the opportunity. One thing I do know, is that he is good enough. I don't see why it's such a surprise to you, several championship sides have players that are good enough to play in the premiership.

Unfortunately it looks like he's out, so I think you'll have a big advantage on Saturday.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from the argus website

Bridge set to return for Palace showdown

5:00pm Wednesday 28th November 2012 in Albion By Andy Naylor

Wayne Bridge has missed the last three games
Wayne Bridge is on course to return to the Albion defence in Saturday’s showdown against arch-rivals Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

The former England left-back was missing for the third match in a row against Bristol City last night, due to a calf injury.

Marcos Painter deputised again but was forced off in the closing stages by a recurrence of cramps.

Manager Gus Poyet revealed to The Argus: “I am sure Wayne is going to be fit for Saturday, unless he has a setback.

“I’m looking forward to that because again we had the problem with Marcos and we needed to change him.

“I feel sorry for him but it’s difficult for me, because I need to hold one change back just in case he has the cramps.”

Albion go into the Palace clash undefeated for seven matches and up a place to seventh, a point outside the play-off zone.

Poyet said: “We are on a good run and it’s a great game for us. Motivation is not going to be an issue.”

Gordon Greer praised Painter for his performances as stand-in for Bridge. The skipper said: “We train with each other every day so it should be seamless when people come into the side. Paints has been great.”

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
All this talk about Zaha being unplayable, as if we have a team full of donkeys…

I reckon that Palace, for all their newfound bravado, are wary of us.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
....Wayne Bridge is on course to return to the Albion defence in Saturday’s showdown against arch-rivals Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

Manager Gus Poyet revealed to The Argus: “I am sure Wayne is going to be fit for Saturday, unless he has a setback.

Is this the key part of the story - more double bluffing?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I just hope that our players adapt to the spartan surroundings.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
All this talk about Zaha being unplayable, as if we have a team full of donkeys…

I reckon that Palace, for all their newfound bravado, are wary of us.

Of course we're bloody wary of you, it's a derby game that we can't afford to lose!

We were by far the better team against Leeds and had superior players in every position - they still managed to ride their luck and fluke 3 points!

You're a lot less shite than Leeds. If we play well we should have no trouble whatsoever, but who knows what will happen. We are not certain of 3 points on Saturday. Yes we're higher in the league, yes we're the better team, yes we average 3 goals per game at home, but the thought of losing terrifies me. I'd take a point now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We were by far the better team against Leeds and had superior players in every position - they still managed to ride their luck and fluke 3 points!

The video of the entire game on lutv suggests otherwise :lolol:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Of course we're bloody wary of you, it's a derby game that we can't afford to lose!

You're a lot less shite than Leeds. If we play well we should have no trouble whatsoever, but who knows what will happen. We are not certain of 3 points on Saturday. Yes we're higher in the league, yes we're the better team, yes we average 3 goals per game at home, but the thought of losing terrifies me. I'd take a point now.

There is no pressure on us, then, since you are so much better than us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

You keep banging on about 3 goals per home game, but it's not is it? 2.66 in fact.

We shall see who is the better team after 46 games, until then perhaps stop presenting your opinion as fact.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You were by far the worse team against Hull, but still you managed to fluke a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here