Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Watford ***Official Match Thread***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm not worried. Maybe a bit apprehensive, distressed and overwrought but definitely not worried.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Oh look another aerial cross into the box our strikers got nowhere near :yawn:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ball after ball after ball into the box and to what? Nothing at all, even when CMS is even vaguely close the ball, he never looks likely to win it, and we all know if he did he'd probably fluff the shot. What exactly is the point in this style of play if you don't have any decent aerial targets and some midfielders bursting into the box as the ball's delivered? We need a Lampard & Drogba combination to make this truely work, goodness knows where we might find them though.

Exactly what I thought, but just expected a slagging off from the 'we play the best football in the world ever' crowd, so didn't bother.

We never look like scoring those sort of goals, how come? I thought that was the sort of football we were supposed to play?

What on earth do you mean decent balls into the box? There's NO ONE in the box so crossing it in there makes NO sense, may as well just whack it out for a goal kick like Bruno keeps doing, I don't blame CMS I play Poyet, the formation and tactics make no sense when we have NOTHING up front, should be 4-4-2 with Hoskins +1 up there.

I can see it, Sky can see it, it's just a shame all the mongs on NSC and Poyet can't see it.

No less than we deserve, been the lesser team all match.

When you pay £2.5m for a striker you expect him to have a 'strikers instinct'. I don't think CMS is a bad player but playing him in this system is like some kind of sick joke from Poyet, so tired of watching his 5'8 frame competing for balls sailing two feet over his head.
I'm beginning to notice a pattern in your posts...:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here