Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Watford ***Official Match Thread***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am concerned that we seem to play one up front until we are 2 goals down and then play 4.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I have been ill over the last few days, was hoping to get to the match. Got as far as the car and was sick. Now I feel sick to the stomach

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
CMS, Hoskins, Dobbie, Barnes and Lualua on the pitch together :lolol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Oh how I'd love to have a strike pairing like Vydra and Deeney. Lightening quick pace teamed up with a physical presence, both of whom know where the goal is.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
You are not wrong there and sadly, if we have any ambitions for the future, he is not the only one - so let's concentrate on staying up !
last season we had so many injuries you didn't even know who would be on the team sheet between leaving the house and getting to the stadium, yet we had character, aggression, and hard fought victory. When we beat southampton 3 0 we had sparrow score a brace and jake forster caskey put in a top draw performance, not to mention cook and hall. Of these 4 players 2 have been shot of, one has been on loan, and one told he has no place at the team! Nonsense, not to mention the lack of support for cms and barnes, the latter of which was a godsend last season.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hate to say it, but well played Watford.

Too good for us.

Watford - a team cobbled together pre-season out of odds and sods I believe and look at them go. How long have the backbone of our shit side been in place by comparison? Utterly ridiculous.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Out muscled, out played, out smarted. This is my first negative post about Poyet but really starting to wonder if he can take us further. The players dont look up for it, despite playing in the best stadium out of the Premierleague in front of 25k passionate fans. It is laughable that we dont play with a tall presence up front - all the other Championship clubs rely on a tall physical striker. Relying on a 5 foot 8 stiker who has never played up top by himself to bring home the bacon is too much.

the bet with my other half still stands that Gus will walk before the end of the year .....time is running out
don't want it to happen but I have had the feeling for a long while now

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I think this will bring the sack Gus brigade out over the next few days. There is no pace about our team what so ever. Watford with that last goal showed us the way we should be playing. Counter with pace

Wake up and smell the coffee. Gus is clueless.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I can see us dropping down the table. No one can convince me that we are promotion contenders.. Mid table at best

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I am concerned that we seem to play one up front until we are 2 goals down and then play 4.

thats because our plan b is to do the complete opposite of what we did before. Hence why lua lua is now back in the squad, for some stupid reason he often doesnt get picked (when he isnt in court i mean).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just not good enough - every time we are on TV.

Just not good enough full stop, tactics, selection both at fault and the players just don't look up for it. None of that has anything to do with some TV cameras around the stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here