Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton flag at EDL march on Getty Images

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Don't be a dick. No-one suggested they couldn't demonstrate. It is the alignment they are choosing to suggest between their politics and the Albion, that people rightly object to.

Just for Arguments sake if it was a bunch of muslims with a brighton flag saying yes to sharia law would you all feel the same then ??

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Seeing as many people at the far smaller UAF demo would have been Labour supporters does this?

Leading Labour councillor quizzed by police over grooming child for sex
Tom Harper and Justin Davenport
London Evening Standard31 Jan 2011

A Labour councillor with links to two members of the shadow cabinet has been arrested on suspicion of grooming a child for sex.

Scotland Yard detectives questioned John Friary, 51, last week before releasing him on bail pending further inquiries.

He has been sacked from his role as a cabinet member for community safety at Southwark council and has resigned as a councillor.

Sources have told the Evening Standard that Peter John, leader of the Southwark Labour Party, told councillors the alleged incident involved an underage girl and "child grooming offences".

Mr Friary, who is the governor of a Camberwell primary school and has campaigned with Harriet Harman and Tessa Jowell - both south London MPs and members of the shadow cabinet - is alleged to have made contact with the child over the internet.

He held several accounts on social networking sites including Facebook and Bebo, which have been taken down.

A source said: "This is absolutely shocking. No one in Southwark can believe it. Friary was a leading light in the local Labour Party - he is incredibly close to Harman and Jowell and was often seen out on the doorsteps helping them get elected."

Today a link from the official website of Ms Harman, deputy leader of Labour and shadow secretary of state for international development, to Friary's blog was removed.

A police spokesman said: "On 26 January a 51-year-old man was arrested by officers from the paedophile unit on suspicion of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity. He was taken to a west London police station and bailed to return in March pending further inquiries."

Or this:-

Labour councillor suspended after party discovers he was jailed for drugs row shooting
by Martin Fricker, Daily Mirror 4/02/2011

A LEADING anti-gun campaigner has been suspended from the Labour Party after it emerged he shot a man in the head.
Councillor Stephen Govier was sentenced to six years for the crime in Los Angeles in 1997 during an argument over drugs.

Mr Govier, 52, who hid the offence from the party when he joined in 2006, worked closely with Labour deputy leader Harriet Harman during last year’s general election.

He also teamed up with the Met police as a co-ordinator for an anti-crime organisation and campaigned to have replica guns banned.

According to US court records, he had been charged with cocaine possession and attempted murder. But after a plea agreement he admitted assault with a deadly weapon.
Yah boo sucks - our perv is more/less pervy than your perv.

Pathetic

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
It's WEAR. English, fairly simple language really.

And how come all those who are SOOOOOOOO opposed to sharia 'courts' (which as has already been pointed out are not sharia courts at all but don't let facts get in the way of a nice racist rant) have never been in the SLIGHTEST bit bothered about the Beth Din which have existed in the UK for hundreds of years without undermining the English jutice system?

With an interval presumably between 1290 and 1656.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
However then I saw your user name. f***ing Peoples Front of Judea!!?? f***ing Splitters!!!

We at the Judean Peoples Front are sickened by your beahaviour. Splitters!!

Nice one Centurion !! :laugh:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just for Arguments sake if it was a bunch of muslims with a brighton flag saying yes to sharia law would you all feel the same then ??

I don't see why not. During the General Election campaign, the Labour Party was rightly and heavily criticised by many of its supporters on NSC for distributing a flyer that implied BHAFC endorsed Labour.

The point here isn't whether you agree or disagree with someone's politics, but whether it's acceptable to have a club's badge and a political affiliation on the same banner or flag, particularly if the club are not aligned with it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No the self-righteous arseholes on here shouldn't throw stones in glass houses. Just providing a bit of balance sonny.

Whilst we will never agree on political leanings, surely you can't endorse or defend the EDL?

There are tits in ALL parties, just as there are tits who support ALL football clubs, but it is a prerequisite to be an EDL supporter. They are universally unpleasant in my (albeit relatively brief) experience and observation of their behaviour.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No the self-righteous arseholes on here shouldn't throw stones in glass houses. Just providing a bit of balance sonny.

Whilst we will never agree on political leanings, surely you can't endorse or defend the EDL?

There are tits in ALL parties, just as there are tits who support ALL football clubs, but it is a prerequisite to be an EDL supporter. They are universally unpleasant in my (albeit relatively brief) experience and observation of their behaviour.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have read EVERY edition of Viz for the last 25 years, and indeed I am Morris Day and you claim your prize, except I don't wear a jumper!

sadly, i can still remember and laugh at a line from a morris day sexual pervert strip in viz, his wife asks him if there is anything good on tv that night,he replies " yes dear, there's a new dennis potter play on channel 4, it's a challenging new look at the whole issue of women's exploitation by men.............................................theres bound to be shagging in it !!:lol:

Seeing as many people at the far smaller UAF demo would have been Labour supporters does this?

... ...
Of course there are dodgy characters in all parties. Macky, however, suggested that the EDL is, uniquely, free of criminality.

As far as i know none of the edl members have committed murder Or any ilegal acts Yet

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
the guy third from the right (as you look at it) with the slight grimace, has he just grabbed and bum-loved the big guy in the middle who's leaning over slightly to assist the bumming? looks like it

That is the funniest post I have seen in ages. I have just nearly choked on my coffee

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Why would he ? He was on an anti-EDL march not a protest for Falmer. Go on, admit it, you're the one with the ears aren't you ?
See exactly what i was on about Why do you presume that I'm any of them I suppose the same reason you presume I support the edl You no f*** all about me Not even my skin colour let alone my politics or My religious
beliefs Because i say someone has the right to do what they want with their property I'm a facist

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Of course there are dodgy characters in all parties. Macky, however, suggested that the EDL is, uniquely, free of criminality.
of course wasnt i was saying thery are exactly like any ohter party But you knew what i meant did'nt you

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
See exactly what i was on about Why do you presume that I'm any of them I suppose the same reason you presume I support the edl You no f*** all about me Not even my skin colour let alone my politics or My religious
beliefs Because i say someone has the right to do what they want with their property I'm a facist

No, saying the someone has the right to do what they want with someone else's property makes you an apologist for a thieving bastard.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
No, saying the someone has the right to do what they want with someone else's property makes you an apologist for a thieving bastard.

so your now saying they stole the flag In that case why not call in the police That would be fun They brought that flag [as far as i know ] and they can do what the f*** they want with it Unless the club got them sign somesort of agreement Like i said i wouldn't think that they are to hard to find Why not go up and call them thieving bastards Anyway seeen the prices you are trying to get for some shitty old shirts And i think that its a case of kettle calling the pot

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
so your now saying they stole the flag In that case why not call in the police That would be fun They brought that flag [as far as i know ] and they can do what the f*** they want with it Unless the club got them sign somesort of agreement Like i said i wouldn't think that they are to hard to find Why not go up and call them thieving bastards Anyway seeen the prices you are trying to get for some shitty old shirts And i think that its a case of kettle calling the pot

f*** me, this is hard work. You have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

I know the haven't stolen the flag. Sweet Jesus. :facepalm:

The have used the image of the club without permission (thereby 'stolen' the image).

It's been said time and time again, but I see it's taking quite a while to penetrate your concrete skull. It's also perfectly simple - they CANNOT do with the badge as they see fit without permission. It IS illegal. This is the fundamental point that is being made and hopefully this point will get through eventually.

But I seriously dobut it.

Besides - £15 for some decent quality shirts is pretty good going. Want one? Or will you struggle with the whole 'arms, body, hole-where-the-head-goes-through' concept?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
f*** me, this is hard work. You have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

I know the haven't stolen the flag. Sweet Jesus. :facepalm:

The have used the image of the club without permission (thereby 'stolen' the image).

It's been said time and time again, but I see it's taking quite a while to penetrate your concrete skull. It's also perfectly simple - they CANNOT do with the badge as they see fit without permission. It IS illegal. This is the fundamental point that is being made and hopefully this point will get through eventually.

But I seriously dobut it.

Besides - £15 for some decent quality shirts is pretty good going. Want one? Or will you struggle with the whole 'arms, body, hole-where-the-head-goes-through' concept?

those shirts you sell do all the clubs get a a share if i buy something then its mine to do as i want with simple Go to the club get them to get the law team on to it Theres f*** all they can do about it They the boys have done fucl all wrong So when you going to go and call them theiving bastards I would mind seeing that well Did the club Ask them not to write anything on the flag or do they sell their flags on the understanding that you cant fly them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here