Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton flag at EDL march on Getty Images

thepikie

Just to chip in, the sharia courts are arbitration tribunals. Both sides have to agree to take part, so no one's going to make us go to them. So Sian Massey isn't going to make Andy Gray go into one just to destroy everything the EDL holds sacred.

The EDL have got nothing to do with football. You don't see anyone waving Brighton flags around at other demos, so what makes fascists so desperate to recruit around football. Go away.

Jan 30, 2008
Just to chip in, the sharia courts are arbitration tribunals. Both sides have to agree to take part, so no one's going to make us go to them. So Sian Massey isn't going to make Andy Gray go into one just to destroy everything the EDL holds sacred.

The EDL have got nothing to do with football. You don't see anyone waving Brighton flags around at other demos, so what makes fascists so desperate to recruit around football. Go away.
where have you been for the last 30 years :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

True, but the premise is worrying. It would not be outrageous to suggest that a battered wife could be coerced into an sharia arbitration rather than going through the proper channels of the British legal system and a punishment not be meted to the offender.

thepikie

yeah- i agree. that would be atrocious. but domestic violence is a criminal offence, so it's the british police and courts who deal with it. If domestic violence isn't reported, that's not because of the koran, Mohammed didn't invent wife-beating. That's because of some sadist, and every culture has wife-beaters. We can't start picking on every culture that has a wife-beater in their midst, cos the EDL would probably tear itself apart

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
f*** me, they look hard. I don't think the world has too much to worry about from a bunch of fat, balding, pea-brained great apes. Serious politics would interfere too much with drinking lager and fighting each other with pool cues.
Would be nice if the club put out a statement disowning them or their organisation.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Would be nice if the club put out a statement disowning them or their organisation.

I disagree. Would just draw attention to them. Fascists are less successful if denied the oxygen of publicity.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Heard some guy chanting “EDL” outside Vicarage Road at the end of the Watford vs Brighton cup game. Embarassing, disgusting and I was desperately hoping he wasn't an Albion "fan".

I also heard this, and they were indeed Brighton "fans" although i had never seen them before! It was very embarassing, plenty of people singing Albion songs on the street after a great win, and this descends to people walking the streets chanting "E E EDL..."

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
yeah- i agree. that would be atrocious. but domestic violence is a criminal offence, so it's the british police and courts who deal with it. If domestic violence isn't reported, that's not because of the koran, Mohammed didn't invent wife-beating. That's because of some sadist, and every culture has wife-beaters. We can't start picking on every culture that has a wife-beater in their midst, cos the EDL would probably tear itself apart

Can you enlighten me when the last incident of local English villagers gathering together to communally stone an adulteress and her partner to death like happened in Afghanistan recently by adherents of the religion of peace took place?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can you enlighten me when the last incident of local English villagers gathering together to communally stone an adulteress and her partner to death like happened in Afghanistan recently by adherents of the religion of peace took place?
I've just read the post you quoted and can't work out WHY you'd reply to it with this bollocks.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
what a load of bollox they are entitled to to support any political party they choose its a free country [just ] so what if the carry a club badge whata load of old women there are on here

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought you were both intelligent and intuitive. I was obviously wrong.
Don't have a pop at me just because your post makes no sense! To clarify, you quoted this post:

And replied with this:

Rather than whinge about cliques and perceived lack of intelligence, how about YOU explain what YOU wrote? ??? Although I'm not holding my breath, as a failure to be held responsible when confronted with awkward truths is a trait in you racist types.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here