Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah lets go from 2 forwards to 1 to 'boost the attack'. Great move that was. Why even bother bringing on Murray!

Lets just agree to disagree, because there's no way I can see that substituion as being a move by Potter which gave us more attacking intent.
Bringing on Murray? Another issue altogether - doesn't support your argument in any way.

Two forwards are not a lot of use when the attacking midfield has just stop working - but you're clearly not going to accept that, so we move on.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thought Mooy struggled today. Stifled again which really affected our ability to set up attacks. I hope we can find an antidote.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Played out of position to accommodate the front 2.

We need to forget all thoughts of a front 2 and play Mooy in his best position, number 10 behind Maupay with Trossard on the left and A N Other on the right. He’s too good and too important to us to be shunted out wide.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
7582eba8637aec240a156993aa0752ae.jpg

Well, I’ve had a great day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won £145 lay betting against an Albion win. For some bizarre reason the bookies made us huge favourites, when we’ve been poor, just like Villa. The betting markets inexplicably reflect a really strong mid-table Albion, sweeping aside Amex opponents. Nothing could be further from the truth.

But I would’ve gladly swapped the liability loss, for an Albion three points.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought Mooy struggled today. Stifled again which really affected our ability to set up attacks. I hope we can find an antidote.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

He was man marked by 2 or 3 every time he got the ball within a split second, as Sheff Utd did.

A good team would exploit that numerical advantage elsewhere. We’re not at that level yet.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
No creativity in the final 3rd . Far too narrow and if we do get wide there is no one to aim for. Also, what the **** are we doing at set pieces.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Bernardo - quality

Substitution increased the pressure we were already under (only 1 outlet when villa started getting their act together)

Lack of movement in the middle, clear we ran out of ideas (again)

Stat of the day: most crosses by an outfield player. Gross (who was on 15 mins) tells you a lot

We could have been 6 clear tonight

Frustrated.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Bringing on Murray? Another issue altogether - doesn't support your argument in any way.

Two forwards are not a lot of use when the attacking midfield has just stop working - but you're clearly not going to accept that, so we move on.

1 forward up front on their own, particulary someone of Maupay's size, is not a lot of use either.

I agree the midfield needed re-energising, but not at the expense of less options up front. It was a negative move which backfired.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Am concerned re constant tinkering of team and not knowing our best formation
Many times the subs seem very strange

Also why are we so timid getting early balls/crosses into the box?

Gross and Mooy have little pace and need to be played in right positions if they get game time

Webster has scored 3 goals but his errors must have cost us 5 or more goals - maybe we need Duffy for the relegation scrap

Connolly and Maupay did not work and agree that AC needs time in Champo to learn his trade- like Molumby

No real decent width and very unsure if certain players are any better than Locadia and Knockaert

Considering we have so many senior recruitment people our signings have been very hit and miss

Really think unless we get a proven goal scorer who is more physical than Maupay we willget sucked into the relegation battle

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly we lost the plot big time in the 2nd half, really worrying at times

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No creativity in the final 3rd . Far too narrow and if we do get wide there is no one to aim for. Also, what the **** are we doing at set pieces.

The set piece business is laughable, complex inter-play, very often the ball not reaching the box.

Next match, exactly the same again.

Are the other 19 clubs doing this too?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
If that display don’t send a message to the club that we need new players then god help us

We need new ideas, last few weeks teams know how to play against us. Not really getting anywhere at the moment.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Is the second half of the season going to be any better than last? A few games ago I thought it absolutely would. Now I'm thinking it'll be just as bad. Not convinced at all today by Potter's decisions.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Bernardo - quality

Substitution increased the pressure we were already under (only 1 outlet when villa started getting their act together)

Lack of movement in the middle, clear we ran out of ideas (again)

Stat of the day: most crosses by an outfield player. Gross (who was on 15 mins) tells you a lot

We could have been 6 clear tonight

Frustrated.

Same here really frustrating

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The set piece business is laughable, complex inter-play, very often the ball not reaching the box.

Next match, exactly the same again.

Are the other 19 clubs doing this too?

I really do worry about us at times, 2nd half we have a free kick just inside their half so rather than cross it into the their box we manage to return it to our keeper after 5 passes. And for the Webster haters, I thought he had a decent game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Considering we have so many senior recruitment people our signings have been very hit and miss

Really think unless we get a proven goal scorer who is more physical than Maupay we willget sucked into the relegation battle

They’ve spent £200m+ in transfer fees, so we can’t keep claiming they’ve lived on buttons.

If we somehow manage to stay up, the club needs acquire players with the energy to last 90 minutes against athletic PL opponents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here