[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Happens almost every time he plays. Always lacklustre when it comes to defensive duties.

I have struggled for some time to see what he does to deserve a slot in the team. Think he's spent too many days in his youth in brown cafe's

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Before the Porter out brigade get all excited, can we wait until full time before all the insults and “Porter outs”.

We haven’t lost yet.

Why are you always so desperate to set the rules of engagement on threads? Really tiresome.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Definitely the managers fault that a Dutch international played a sloppy pass. Definitely.

Imagine not being able to just write your thoughts on here and having an underlying agenda influencing every single post you make - can’t be fun can it!!?!? Waste of time I’d say. There’s a few I’m afraid. Literally love coming on here when we don’t perform well or lose yet when we win barely post - just bizarre.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could also win.. : )

I'm finding myself not really caring... quarter finals is when it starts to get a bit interesting. League games without seeing/hearing the crowd is one thing, cup games.. its pretty dull imo.

We NEED to win, we only just getting some confidence back. Another defeat would hit us hard

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can’t argue with any of them. Feel for Alzate as he’s out of position again and I don’t like this of Potter really. Think we’ll win it but need more urgency - dominating the game / ball very well as usual but need that cutting edge.

Treatment of Alzate seems unfair.
He's massively gone backwards since the start of last season.

My observations from the first half.

Burn just isn’t good enough
Alzate looks like he hasn’t played, which he hasn’t
Veltman and Biss have looked quality
Tau looks promising
Zequiri is a bit of a headless chicken
Propper needs to show more urgency
We could lose this game

Agreed but why hasn't Alzate played? Baffled at blooding him so much last season and discarding him so much this

Our defence always looks too static, it's our real achilles heel

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
If we lose this I will have to cancel my Tangerine Dream night..

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Much better still.

biss2.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not a bad first half.

Bissouma & Veltman both looking leagues above, which of course they literally are. Worldie by Biss, albeit took 3 attempts!

Poor defending for the goal. Switched off. They were mentally at half time already. Need to learn from this... at least it's not a Premier League game.

Zequiri not looking ready for the first team unfortunately. Too many chances squandered, although getting in good positions.

Looking very dangerous from corners - but need to get them on target!!

Reckon we'll win this, although it might be long and drawn out like Newport was.

Don’t think we’ve played well but we are certainly looking like the prem football team which often doesn’t happen in these cup games. Even when nowhere near top gear we still dominate the game which is a nice change from decades gone by eh!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
...20210123_160337.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We NEED to win, we only just getting some confidence back. Another defeat would hit us hard

Obviously its preferable to win but whatever happens I think the players will have the Leeds game in their back rather than this one when they go to face Fulham. But yes a win would be nice, not least to **** over that Amex ghost a bit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed but why hasn't Alzate played? Baffled at blooding him so much last season and discarding him so much this

Our defence always looks too static, it's our real achilles heel

Perhaps he’s played at this level in training......

Very poor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Could also win.. : )

I'm finding myself not really caring... quarter finals is when it starts to get a bit interesting. League games without seeing/hearing the crowd is one thing, cup games.. its pretty dull imo.

Add to that ... Blackpool have the best striker on the pitch.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Treatment of Alzate seems unfair.
He's massively gone backwards since the start of last season.

Sport like life isn't fair. It's about different opinions on players. Potter stands or falls by results and so he picks who he thinks will get the best result. What is fair on any individual player won't come into it. Agree tho, it does seem strange after a good season last year what has happened to him. Only person who can do anything to change the managers mind is however himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports