Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Because that was who was available in our price range? We we’re strongly linked with Dia, Watkins and Nunez but sadly, it’s not Football Manager.

Signing a sick note Wellbeck and his big wages will ultimately cost much more than Dia would have as we will have to get someone else in anyway if we want to be anywhere near comfortable from relegation. Unfortunately the shocking recruitment of Locadia and AJ have meant that TB is nervous of taking risks I suspect.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You do realise that there is a global pandemic and we have no revenue from games right?

We're are just about to sign Caicedo, and spent money cutting the Pole's loans short.
We've also got rid of two of our highest earners on loan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So... GG.

Very boring. Hard fought first half, they played well. Got the 2-1 goal and then brought on key players to pretty much snooze the game out. Not very exciting but I dont know how exciting a fifth round FA Cup game against Blackpool in front of no crowd gets. Job done, now on to more interesting tasks.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Finishing aside in those last 10-15 minutes, we completely outplayed them in the 2nd half and deserved the victory.

Through to the next round with a confidence-building home win, no injuries and no extra-time needed.

Mission accomplished.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not a game that will live long in the memory, we barely got out of first gear. However there are two big positives - no injuries and back to back wins (and one of them a home win to boot) heading into the Fulham game. Confidence should be in a good pace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit unfair Icy in this climate.

For me it’s more about the level of player we’ve been buying....

All a bit too late.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right but the frustration levels at how many sitters we miss is now starting to wear

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Could have, in fact should have been at least another 6-1, what the flip were we doing in the final 3rd today?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I admire Potter’s attitude about improving what we have at the club rather than looking for additional players.

However... at what point do you have to draw the line and say we just aren’t cutting it and need someone better

I’m sure he has private thoughts, but in public he’s hardly going to slag off the clubs recruitment is he?

I do hope is pushing for a striker though.

Sick note Welbeck is hardly the answer.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Signing a sick note Wellbeck and his big wages will ultimately cost much more than Dia would have as we will have to get someone else in anyway if we want to be anywhere near comfortable from relegation. Unfortunately the shocking recruitment of Locadia and AJ have meant that TB is nervous of taking risks I suspect.

Free transfer on a year long contract will cost more than a £10-15m striker? Okay...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else get the impression that Virgo is not an Albion fan?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A home win and only a 90 min game. Exactly what I was hoping for. Perhaps not in that manner though. Very frustrating watching us try to score. We’ll have to be much better on Wednesday but I’d take another deflected fluke if it means 3 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Job done - average performance - missed way too many chances - but controlled the game from start to finish - good result!.

Feel for Albion Dan and Totts Seagull but Blackpool got what they ultimately deserved against a far superior outfit and BHA got the home win most of us wanted.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He’s been okay.

It’s his speed of decision making that needs to improve the most. So many times this season (and it’s really evident today) he gets the ball and instead of making a quick pass/cross/shot he waits ands waits ands allows the defence set themselves. He slows down our play too much.
This, he’s no way near one of our best players you will never hear a rumour of a top club wanting March unlike Biss and Lamptey two players with proper quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here