Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I see the usual apologists are also well represented!:clap2:

Me? Nah. I just don't get stressed or moan continuously about things beyond my control.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
A home win and only a 90 min game. Exactly what I was hoping for. Perhaps not in that manner though. Very frustrating watching us try to score. We’ll have to be much better on Wednesday but I’d take another deflected fluke if it means 3 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I very much doubt Fulham will present us with that amount of chances to spurn or in layman's terms piss away..

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Anyone else get the impression that Virgo is not an Albion fan?[/QUOT8E]

No more than most of the posters on NSC. (I suspect you were referring to his criticism of certain players?)

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Job done - average performance - missed way too many chances - but controlled the game from start to finish - good result!.

Feel for Albion Dan and Totts Seagull but Blackpool got what they ultimately deserved against a far superior outfit and BHA got the home win most of us wanted.

Why do you feel for me Shebbo?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Round 5 here we come, hail the conquering heroes

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pretty dull game that we never looked like losing. I don’t think we picked up any injuries and we’re in the next round, so job done.

Got to be happy with that really.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This, he’s no way near one of our best players you will never hear a rumour of a top club wanting March unlike Biss and Lamptey two players with proper quality.

We saw the good, bad and the downright ugly from Biss today.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not having watched it, how did perc play?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We're are just about to sign Caicedo, and spent money cutting the Pole's loans short.
We've also got rid of two of our highest earners on loan.

Caciedo and the Poles from the U23 budget. I appreciate a lot of you have a weird expectation of an instant fix but we can’t compete with teams like Benfica for players like Nunez. The club has set it’s stall out. We are looking to sign young talent and develop it. Seems incredibly sensible to me

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nobody seemed to react on instinct in the penalty area. Let's hope that the win helps build the confidence and focus to do so in our next game.

Anyone else get the impression that Virgo is not an Albion fan?

lol don't think BT employ him to be a Gully's gang cheerleader! His local knowledge of the team I think gives him plenty of material for deconstructions of our play beyond the usual bland trend following you get from the national pundits

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here