Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If anything of that was happening I would still be on the fence over Potter, ie giving him the benefit of the doubt. But the reality is the team makes the same mistakes every time. He will say he will learn from these experiences in press conferences but in the next games we will concede the same soft goals, because he is out of his depth coping with attacks of this ferocity.

The reality is with Sheff gone and WBA looking an odds against rescue job, it’s now a coin toss between us and Fulham for the plunge. I think our chances would improve massively with a manager who would come in with a fresh pair of eyes organising our defence and make us hard to score against, Biss in midfield and Maupay up front are good enough to do the rest

Oh gosh. I didn’t realise it was that simple.

Potter out and Teddy - my three year old grandson who loves football and got a Brighton kit for Christmas -in

Oh gosh. I didn’t realise it was that simple.

Potter out and Teddy - my three year old grandson who loves football and got a Brighton kit for Christmas -in

Again I’m sorry Potter has left you in such a state that it’s impossible to imagine anyone else in the entire world of football being able to do the job effectively. My main case against Potter is that he has totally resigned too many Brighton fans to mediocrity as their only possible common sense

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Again I’m sorry Potter has left you in such a state that it’s impossible to imagine anyone else in the entire world of football being able to do the job effectively. My main case against Potter is that he has totally resigned too many Brighton fans to mediocrity as their only possible common sense

If you are against potter then any sane Brighton fan would want him to stay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Needless to say I strongly disagree.

No need to be sorry, and Potter has not left me in a state.

Shame we missed out on Big Sam, currently setting the world alight at WBA.

Needless to say I strongly disagree.

No need to be sorry, and Potter has not left me in a state.

Shame we missed out on Big Sam, currently setting the world alight at WBA.

Hmm. Other managers are available in the very big world of football, doubt 5-10% of fans here had ever heard of Potter before he was linked to job

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is glorious. #TOGETHER
_116331854_dunk_rex2.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That photo, I feel like that was us. That was a happy Dunk, a happy Albion. More of the same for 2021 please.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Whatever Potter said at half-time worked, and we need more of that - too many times we looked lethargic and uninterested. Last night, the players looked hungrier than they had in the past 3 months and there were more bottle in the 2nd half than I can remember, we played a bit freely, bit more risky and that "foul" Trossard made was ridiculous, barely touched the player and that finish was sublime.

That said, in the first half we were pretty shy going forward - we didn't probe space enough, didn't try and create passing options enough and ultimately didn't create a huge amount of chances. Connolly's goal was a fantastic little finish and I think that's the kind of goals we need more of.

Something's up with Burn, last season he was fairly reliable but this season he's become more of a liability. I cannot fault him for the own goal, bad luck and we've had plenty of deflected goals conceded this season. His rash challenge on Troare though, unexcusable.

All that said, first time in a while where I thought Potter's subs made a difference and credit where it's due - Potter got us that point. Maupay's penalty will hopefully reignite his confidence after so many misses, nothing to say about Dunk other than L E A D E R.

Let's hope this is the change of our fortunes,

Funnily enough they’ve chosen Potter.
You haven’t a clue have you, somethings never change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You mean just like they chose Hughton? Actually some things do change, but alas time stands still in your little world

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Whatever Potter said at half-time worked, and we need more of that - too many times we looked lethargic and uninterested. Last night, the players looked hungrier than they had in the past 3 months and there were more bottle in the 2nd half than I can remember, we played a bit freely, bit more risky and that "foul" Trossard made was ridiculous, barely touched the player and that finish was sublime.

That said, in the first half we were pretty shy going forward - we didn't probe space enough, didn't try and create passing options enough and ultimately didn't create a huge amount of chances. Connolly's goal was a fantastic little finish and I think that's the kind of goals we need more of.

Something's up with Burn, last season he was fairly reliable but this season he's become more of a liability. I cannot fault him for the own goal, bad luck and we've had plenty of deflected goals conceded this season. His rash challenge on Troare though, unexcusable.

All that said, first time in a while where I thought Potter's subs made a difference and credit where it's due - Potter got us that point. Maupay's penalty will hopefully reignite his confidence after so many misses, nothing to say about Dunk other than L E A D E R.

Let's hope this is the change of our fortunes,

After the first goal and before the Wolves goal there were two runs which were not picked out ball went back rather than forward. We are still not hitting into the space behind the opposition enough personally think that is our best option though clearly should not be the only option.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That photo, I feel like that was us. That was a happy Dunk, a happy Albion. More of the same for 2021 please.

I loved Dunk’s post match interview, he really did sound like he cared and was onboard to me :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You mean just like they chose Hughton? Actually some things do change, but alas time stands still in your little world

If we are going to bin the inexperienced tinkerman who has no clue I assume we are going to do it with someone who does have a track record at our current level, just just like we did when gamble Hyypia failed, when signing CH. We had all heard of him.

It follows therefore that as some fans want someone who knows what they are doing at this level, as they don’t believe Potter does, that we will have heard of him.

It is very unlikely we are going to replace a gamble with another unproven gamble considering where we are in the table.

So there ya go, now name him :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That’s the job of the expert recruiters the club employs

So, your suggestion is that we simply wait until someone else is recruited and then when they have a bad run we can than decide they're shit but offer no alternatives. Maybe for consistency we could do the same with all the players we recruit.

Not my job Guv, I simply point out the shit, someone else's job to clear it up :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here