Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It very much feels like relegation form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight genuinely reminded me of this, with Traore for Mendez-Laing.

2AA31BBF-2DAA-45F8-9849-682CD8208503.png

From the 35th minute boys against men, powderpuff, physically lightweight and slow Albion players, pacey gifted opponents.

Frighteningly Bloom has created this toothless squad over 9 transfer windows.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately not. But with our lack of goals and a weak side, I am not sure many were expecting a goalfest.......if they are honest, so we shouldn't be to disappointed. Long way to go yet.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

True, a very weakened side playing a team that were unlucky to lose their last two games against top 3 teams, let’s not get the pitchforks out.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not sure what people really want. It was disappointing result but at no point did Wolves look a goal better than us.
+ Emotionally = - Rationality

GP is still a good (I would Say Great but maybe I am biased)Manager

We have the best premiership players we have ever had and we are 4 games in hand on points per game

AAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD Its Christmas ........F@ck1ing cheer up!!!!

Sorry but did you see them hit the post, crossbar AND miss two clear cut chances in that second half?

Wolves did a number on us because we're easy to play against and have been for a while.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Factoring in missing players....hmmmmm.....no better or worse than most of them.

Only nine points between us and bottom 3.

I put a tenner on us to go down a couple of weeks ago, with generous odds.

So we won't go down.

But it is likely to be torture again :facepalm:

without the leadership of Dunk, no Webster surging forward and having to play Connelly all contributed to a very poor performance, can’t think of a worst one this season.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Awful, but not our worst of the season. Everton at home was far worse. This was dreadful, yes, but not our worst.

Which is a worry in itself. For it to even be a debate shows how odd our league position has been. We’ve hardly played well all season. Definitely not for 90 minutes.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure what people really want. It was disappointing result but at no point did Wolves look a goal better than us.
+ Emotionally = - Rationality

GP is still a good (I would Say Great but maybe I am biased)Manager

We have the best premiership players we have ever had and we are 4 games in hand on points per game

AAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD Its Christmas ........F@ck1ing cheer up!!!!

that's why people are frustrated , they were a very poor team and we could not beat them and it was predictable.

Time to move on and hope we get man united on an off day and Ferguson plays and shows us he is brilliant. To be fair I would also have Tolaj in the squad.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
What we need is one of those people that can put it in the net. The thing that is held up by two sticks and the other stick across the top.

Tired of this. Last time was when we signed CMS. What a marquee signing - remember dancing a jig.......... Finally we had signed a recognised goal scorer..........

We soon converted him to shitehouse, and have done to every other "striker" since.

(Just ranting - ignore me)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Right, I’m all set to watch us dominate for a bit longer. Miss a few chances.
Then concede just before half time.
Then watch a painful second half. Miss a few more chances.
Possibly watch Traore smash in another. .
Swear a bit, cup of tea, then off to bed.

Update:
There was plenty of swearing.
Tea now finished.
Off to bed.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Some of our corners tonight were picked straight from the league 1 Withdean handbook.

Was quite a nice change actually.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Tonight genuinely reminded me of this, with Traore for Mendez-Laing.

View attachment 142818

From the 35th minute boys against men, powderpuff, physically lightweight and slow Albion players, pacey gifted opponents.

Frighteningly Bloom has created this toothless squad over 9 transfer windows.

Since our night at the opera vs Liverpool, yes, I’d say we’re around about Jazz era Queen.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We are going to be bang in trouble again. If you don’t win football matches, you are going to be near the bottom. Squad looks weak in terms of quality and physicality.The lack of striker is really killing us now. The top ten was fun while it lasted but we are slowly dropping to our rightful place. Where is the progress?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Poor tonight against a team that tactically outdid us. We really miss Dunk and Webster for their defending and leadership, and it will be good to have Welbeck and Maupay back. Goes without saying that we need a win as soon as possible to give us a lift.
We certainly seemed to lack confidence tonight, perhaps due to the lack of key players, but even so.
What is worrying is Potter's seemingly passive behaviour. I know that ranting and raving isn't his style but compare the animated Wolves manager to Potter and you do wonder.
It is only our 4th defeat this season but we need a win to get ourselves back on track. Old Trafford Saturday?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who knew that signing **** all strikers would backfire?!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Awful, but not our worst of the season. Everton at home was far worse. This was dreadful, yes, but not our worst.

Not sure I agree. Everton were pretty good in that game. They simply outclassed us.

Wolves weren't that impressive tonight. We were just woeful, to a man, bar Sanchez.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Piss poor tonight.

Set pieces desperate. Substitutions desperate

Slow, slow, slow in our build up play. Didn't trouble them at all

A lovely goal by Wolves, but this is the PL you'll concede good goals, you have to create chances of your own.

Forget our league position. We're in a relegation fight

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
that's why people are frustrated , they were a very poor team and we could not beat them and it was predictable.

Time to move on and hope we get man united on an off day and Ferguson plays and shows us he is brilliant. To be fair I would also have Tolaj in the squad.

I agree, but I am a 1970's supporter and I look for the positives and not the negatives.

We were the better group of players but their game plan worked. There will be days like this and days like Stains.

I think that we, The Albion, are on the cusp of the Tony Bloom vision and a little patience is required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here