Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Why the feck didn’t Maupay go round french kissing the rest of the squad. At least the game might have been off and saved us another evening of misery

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did any of you really expect anything but a relegation battle as we went into this season. Forget the club hype about top ten, we started brilliantly then Welbeck got injured. We spent **** all on an attack that we all knew wasn’t good enough and tonight we went with Connolly, who is Championship at best, and three central defenders missing too. What did you really expect?

Yes we we were absolute dogshit but no surprise to me even if I was pissed off with how toothless we were.

Miracles aside we are a bottom six club and we are sliding back into it. Unless Bloom decides to bite the bullet and invest in a decent striker to compliment Maupay and sick note Welbeck that is where we will stay.

To quote John Lennon “the dream is over”

Buckle up for a relegation scrap if we dodge investing in a striker in January

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Richards doesn't have the attributes to succeed in the PL. Can't take people on. One footed. Not particularly strong. Doesn't particularly tackle. No threat in the air. Not very quick. He's making up the numbers. Yeah he's good at football but doesn't offer us anything irrespective of whether he's young or not. If he was in the Man City team he'd be tidy but he's with us, with a virtually zero goal threat and he does nothing to help us in this area. Harsh but true. He's got a nice living mind.

How long was he on for? How many minutes has he played this season? Is he supposed to come on in the last 15 minutes and change everything?……… just like Lallana did who came on at the same time?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Did any of you really expect anything but a relegation battle as we went into this season. Forget the club hype about top ten, we started brilliantly then Welbeck got injured. We spent **** all on an attack that we all knew wasn’t good enough and tonight we went with Connolly, who is Championship at best, and three central defenders missing too. What did you really expect?

Yes we we were absolute dogshit but no surprise to me even if I was pissed off with how toothless we were.

Miracles aside we are a bottom six club and we are sliding back into it. Unless Bloom decides to bite the bullet and invest in a decent striker to compliment Maupay and sick note Welbeck that is where we will stay.

To quote John Lennon “the dream is over”

Buckle down for a relegation scrap if we dodge investing in a striker in January

Hit the proverbial nail on head

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Agreed on all except saying we create few chances. Today we didn’t create anything, but we’re usually excellent at chance creation.

If I read correctly we are actually 15th for proper chances created.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That was an awful watch, we are so depleted and it showed. See some are completely over reacting calling for Potters head

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're right no-one should have an opinion about a football player particularly on a footballing message board. What was I thinking?!

Opinions are fine. However, one made after 15 minutes as a sub in a dispirited side is by definition likely to be less valid than those of the people who are managing the players progress.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Whilst we weren't at our best we didn't deserve that, but for a sloppy first 5 minutes of the 2nd half we dominated, without ever really looking like having the cutting edge to break them down. They were hanging on somewhat at the end too, another 5 minutes could have made the difference. Big game this weekend so let's keep calm and carry on.

Think you must have watched a different gene to me. Had they taken their chances on the counter we lose that game by 2 or 3 nil easily.
I try to always be positive, but there were no positives from our performance tonight, bar perhaps Sanchez looking more confident.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Thanks, but the knives will be out for Potter which is not even vaguely justified imo, he is fighting with one hand tied behind his back and his legs manacled…imo

I agree there will be questions asked but calling for his head is madness. Tactically I’m not sure what the plan was tonight though which is worrying. I think we need to try something different to break this bad run.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not going to lie I walked out on minute 8 of 11 injury time.

What was the reaction at the final whistle from the home fans?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just read the Sporting Life commentary which says we were toothless.
Will watch replay when I get back from work later.
We need 2 strikers to be honest.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I make no apology for singing ALBION and trying to lift tge ream especially in those 11mins at the end. Yes probably worst performabce EVER at Amex but only 1 goal down...come on...take a hard look at yourself if you didnt do your bit. Im more annoyed with fans sat in silence than the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just read the Sporting Life commentary which says we were toothless.
Will watch replay when I get back from work later.
We need 2 strikers to be honest.

I wouldn’t bother it will annoy you. From the moment they scored a goal of the quality we can only dream about, we were outclassed. Marcal made Maupay look like a wimp

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I agree, but I am a 1970's supporter and I look for the positives and not the negatives.

We were the better group of players but their game plan worked. There will be days like this and days like Stains.

I think that we, The Albion, are on the cusp of the Tony Bloom vision and a little patience is required.

1969 for me....

Agree its the best team we have ever had and yes we are watching the best football in two thirds of the pitch but its pretty poor where it really matters in front of the goal.

Not sure we are on the cusp of greatness - it will require a lot more investment and i don't see that coming so hanging around in the bottom 12 will be our thing . Not too worried about that as long as we are at the top of that mini table rather than the bottom.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Think you must have watched a different gene to me. Had they taken their chances on the counter we lose that game by 2 or 3 nil easily.
I try to always be positive, but there were no positives from our performance tonight, bar perhaps Sanchez looking more confident.

Had we taken our chances we'd have gone in at half time level and the game would have been completely different. It wasn't our best performance but we were still much better than Wolverhampton and certainly didn't deserve defeat.

D

Deleted member 2719

True, a very weakened side playing a team that were unlucky to lose their last two games against top 3 teams, let’s not get the pitchforks out.

Yes, I'm out of here.

It appears too many thought we had already made Europe after 5 games. :facepalm:

Attachments

• 20211215_221353.jpg
    20211215_221353.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 108

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I make no apology for singing ALBION and trying to lift tge ream especially in those 11mins at the end. Yes probably worst performabce EVER at Amex but only 1 goal down...come on...take a hard look at yourself if you didnt do your bit. Im more annoyed with fans sat in silence than the team.

Once again, it was not our worst performance ever. Off the top of my head I remember Duffy and Dunk getting absolutely rinsed by Scott Hogan, against Brentford in the Championship. I think we lost that 0-3 and our best chance was a half-hearted penalty shout, when Elvis Manu dived in the 73rd minute.

So yes, I agree we were shithouse tonight but it wasn't the "worst performance EVER at the Amex".

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
1969 for me....

Agree its the best team we have ever had and yes we are watching the best football in two thirds of the pitch but its pretty poor where it really matters in front of the goal.

Not sure we are on the cusp of greatness - it will require a lot more investment and i don't see that coming so hanging around in the bottom 12 will be our thing . Not too worried about that as long as we are at the top of that mini table rather than the bottom.

I am thinking in relative terms. top ten would, lets be honest, be great!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here