Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I didn't say (and I don't think) I know any better - but anyone who analyses and dismisses as not good enough a player's potential on the basis of 15 minutes in a lost cause is a bit of a knob. That's all.

Oooh you broke and called me a knob.

I've watched him for more than 15 minutes (Everton and league cup). I could watch him for 1015 minutes but he won't run faster, take people on etc in all this time.

Anyway, he's hardly the problem so I'll leave it there!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Give up the wind ups on the football front please, we were mullered in the second half

No wind ups here sir but a bit sick of the knee jerk reactions.

We started the 2nd half very poorly and Wolverhampton had a couple of presentable chances which could have put the game to bed granted. However in the first half the majority of the game was played in their final third and we were comfortably the better side in fact until their goal I don't recall them getting into our final third at all. Don't think they had a shot until then, we conceded a poor goal from a 2nd phase but given all our defence is out I can't say I'm that surprised. 2nd half after a difficult first 5/10 minutes we recovered and again played the majority in their final third but without looking like having a cutting edge against the best defence outside the top 3.

It was extremely frustrating but given the issues we had to deal with I thought we coped well and didn't deserve to lose.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Lalanna will have a somewhat better career than Richards don't you think. He's won the PL. Richards attributes mean he will end up in the championship/L1. Nice player but can't help us.

Bizarre post. Really bizarre!

Taylor Richards has literally just turned 21. His football career has barely even started and yet you've already written him off.

It's even more bizarre, given the context tonight.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just got back.
One word to describe tonight.
TOOTHLESS!

Wolves were time wasting with fake injuries from first minute to the last.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Even though we missed the clearest chance of the whole game, and another sitter, we should have lost 3-0?

:facepalm:

I can't even look at it again though. I think I might smash my Albion cuppa, filled with tea at the moment - out of sheer agony. :cry:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
No wind ups here sir but a bit sick of the knee jerk reactions.

We started the 2nd half very poorly and Wolverhampton had a couple of presentable chances which could have put the game to bed granted. However in the first half the majority of the game was played in their final third and we were comfortably the better side in fact until their goal I don't recall them getting into our final third at all. Don't think they had a shot until then, we conceded a poor goal from a 2nd phase but given all our defence is out I can't say I'm that surprised. 2nd half after a difficult first 5/10 minutes we recovered and again played the majority in their final third but without looking like having a cutting edge against the best defence outside the top 3.

It was extremely frustrating but given the issues we had to deal with I thought we coped well and didn't deserve to lose.

If you miss an open goal and give the opposition keeper absolutely nothing to do in the second half. You deserve to lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Just got back.
One word to describe tonight.
TOOTHLESS!

Wolves were time wasting with fake injuries from first minute to the last.

Their number 5 must have been down four times getting fake treatment only to miraculously run off after a rub from the magic sponge

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just in. Didn’t deserve anything, not a surprise with so many unavailable though. Wolves had 2 or 3 great chances they should have buried…….might have won by more if they didn’t do so much time-wasting.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just in. Didn’t deserve anything, not a surprise with so many unavailable though. Wolves had 2 or 3 great chances they should have buried…….might have won by more if they didn’t do so much time-wasting.

Any news on their number five …went down three times in absolute agony :facepalm:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
On what basis? We bossed the first half until their goal and we bossed the 2nd half but for a very ropey first 5 minutes.

They scored one, hit the bar, hit the post, had three one on ones with Sanchez. There keeper almost literally didn’t have a save to make.

We got what we deserved.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just got in

Booooooooo.

Totally rudderless performance.

Roll on Saturday (well Friday really as that's when the trip begins).

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

I'm not sure I've ever seen so much tactical lying down injured before. We were very poor and deserved nothing, but their killing of momentum with "injuries" was absolutely elite.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mwepu's miss from two feet?

Alright…we didn’t create as much as usual today.

It was his turn to be struck by the curse today wasn’t it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lalanna will have a somewhat better career than Richards don't you think. He's won the PL. Richards attributes mean he will end up in the championship/L1. Nice player but can't help us.

You’re still making enormous assumptions about a talented youngster on the basis of very little game time.

And Lallana, despite a successful career, did not do much tonight either.

There, I’ve made the same points again because you didn’t take much notice first time round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here