Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Unless a player is from their youth team (Zaha) over the hill (Phillips, Bendtner) or a fluke (Murray) no one half decent would sign up to join that shower of jester suited wannabes. Imagine having to sit through a team talk led by Wurzel if you were a serious pro? Dear god.

albionite

May 20, 2009
My point is Palace could easily afford LB. As could any Prem club. It seems Bannan has put paid to any interest in LB thou. Like it or not, promotion was worth a minimum of £120m (that's just the Sky money, not all the extra income the prem brings). This gives Prem clubs financial muscle when dealing with Championship clubs (but not other prem clubs).

You say easily, if that's the case why don't you stump up the money instead of making silly low bids, same goes for Calum at Wigan. They are both better than what you have.

DFW

Jun 6, 2013
You say easily, if that's the case why don't you stump up the money instead of making silly low bids, same goes for Calum at Wigan. They are both better than what you have.

I don't know.... and nor do you. Maybe we had a choice between Bannan and LB, and when LB's price went up, we opted for BB, but i'm just guessing. Anyone who pretends to know is a bit foolish in my opinion.
I also believe because we are Palace it was always going to be difficult to sign anyone from Brighton, especially after beating you in the p/o semis.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I don't know.... and nor do you. Maybe we had a choice between Bannan and LB, and when LB's price went up, we opted for BB, but i'm just guessing. Anyone who pretends to know is a bit foolish in my opinion.
I also believe because we are Palace it was always going to be difficult to sign anyone from Brighton, especially after beating you in the p/o semis.

I have no idea, but I trust enough in the board that we would not sell our better players to our rivals unless we was ripping you off.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I know. In essence, Palace were told to **** off.

Yes, there would be a price where you'd get a different answer, but it's not one you'd pay.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I admire your defence of your club but in the playoffs shortcomings were there for all to see I have know doubt palace would be the last place on earth you would want your best players to end up ?
It will all be weather Brightons bosses can resist the money

you are either a troll or an idiot or both.

If we were a club bouncing round the bottom with debts like Wednesday or pompey then yes you could drive down prices and cherry pick. The fact you face a club rising through the tables, new ground etc then you want a player then you pay top wack plus. This goes double seeing you now have prem legue dosh.

There was a thread asking what were the positives of palace going up, my beliff as a brighton fan it was the worse thing possible, you go from paupers who we can raid to a club that can seriously bid for our players, but at the right price. And seeing as we are a building club that price wont represent value. That should be ovious, you'll be paying top wack if at all.

Albion Rob

My point is Palace could easily afford LB. As could any Prem club. It seems Bannan has put paid to any interest in LB thou. Like it or not, promotion was worth a minimum of £120m (that's just the Sky money, not all the extra income the prem brings). This gives Prem clubs financial muscle when dealing with Championship clubs (but not other prem clubs).

I'd hide that hard on about the £130m if I were you. Yes it's a lot of money (and of course I'd love it if it came our way) but I would hazard a guess that even a relegation season in the Premier League costs a lot more Han a season in the Championship. Existing players want a raise, new players who may or may not be good enough know you have £130m burning a hole in your pocket (although you don't because it doesn't all come at once), extra policing costs or larger away crowds visiting you etc etc.

But so what if you go down? You've got all that lovely parachute money. Well, yes, but you've also got a squad of players who think they should be in the Premier League knocking around on big contracts. That didn't work out too well for Wolves or Blackburn last season.

The point of the parachute money is to try to stop teams like Palace ripping their creditors off again by plunging into administration. It's a bit unfair on the rest in some ways but I'd rather that than see clubs go to he wall because of the greedy ******* players who refuse serious relegation clauses.

And how easy is it for relegated sides to bounce straight back these days? Just ask Wolves, Pompey, Blackburn, Bolton, Middlesbrough, Derby, Blackpool etc

DFW

Jun 6, 2013
I know. In essence, Palace were told to **** off.

Yes, there would be a price where you'd get a different answer, but it's not one you'd pay.

I agree.... there is a price we won't pay, not can't pay.

DFW

Jun 6, 2013
I'd hide that hard on about the £130m if I were you. Yes it's a lot of money (and of course I'd love it if it came our way) but I would hazard a guess that even a relegation season in the Premier League costs a lot more Han a season in the Championship. Existing players want a raise, new players who may or may not be good enough know you have £130m burning a hole in your pocket (although you don't because it doesn't all come at once), extra policing costs or larger away crowds visiting you etc etc.

But so what if you go down? You've got all that lovely parachute money. Well, yes, but you've also got a squad of players who think they should be in the Premier League knocking around on big contracts. That didn't work out too well for Wolves or Blackburn last season.

The point of the parachute money is to try to stop teams like Palace ripping their creditors off again by plunging into administration. It's a bit unfair on the rest in some ways but I'd rather that than see clubs go to he wall because of the greedy ******* players who refuse serious relegation clauses.

And how easy is it for relegated sides to bounce straight back these days? Just ask Wolves, Pompey, Blackburn, Bolton, Middlesbrough, Derby, Blackpool etc

Well thought out argument.... I'd much rather be in your position.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
you are either a troll or an idiot or both.

If we were a club bouncing round the bottom with debts like Wednesday or pompey then yes you could drive down prices and cherry pick. The fact you face a club rising through the tables, new ground etc then you want a player then you pay top wack plus. This goes double seeing you now have prem legue dosh.

There was a thread asking what were the positives of palace going up, my beliff as a brighton fan it was the worse thing possible, you go from paupers who we can raid to a club that can seriously bid for our players, but at the right price. And seeing as we are a building club that price wont represent value. That should be ovious, you'll be paying top wack if at all.

Troll. Nobody with a job spells that badly. Oh, and **** as well :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wahooo at last we score 2 v the scum. The only thing that's come out of the last 24hrs is confirmation palace r one of the most unprofessional tinpot clubs going. Literally!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here