Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Barnes must be injured if Barker is on the bench.

Sensible squad rotation from Gus for me. However as they are playing 4-5-1 a big man to hold the ball up would have been useful...

It's a 4-3-3

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mind games from Gus usually back fire and we end up having to change it late just to scramble a draw.

The Bristol City defence have trained to snuff out the threat from Spanish Len , now they will have to try and re-adjust to CMS and Buckley.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Mind games from Gus usually back fire and we end up having to change it late just to scramble a draw.

I don't c it as mind games ..if we are to go up we need more than one striker ..3 away games ..2 long journeys ..I'd expect to see him start Saturday though

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ulloa will come on for CMS in the 65th minute.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well last couple of times he tries to be clever he went 3-5-2 against Millwall and we were 2-0 down before having to revert back to our usual formation and then played Vicente upfront on his own (= no striker at all) against Blackburn away.

Luckily we scraped a draw in both once Gus had sorted it out and changed it back to usual.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Even though we don't want him to burn out - having just got 3 on Saturday his confidence must be sky high and it must be best to play when you are that confident.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Even though we don't want him to burn out - having just got 3 on Saturday his confidence must be sky high and it must be best to play when you are that confident.

on the leash for an hour then WHOOOOOOSH

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Bristol City defence have trained to snuff out the threat from Spanish Len , now they will have to try and re-adjust to CMS and Buckley.

Buckley's inclusion in the line up isn't dependent on whether CMS or Len starts plus the Bristol City defence have already had a good look at CMS this season already so they probably have just all collectively sighed with relief.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

we can let him off the leash in the 2nd half , he'll be raring to go

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I do think CMS does better away from home as teams don't sit so deep so he can use his pace to get behind the defence. I'm pretty sure he's scored a lot more goals in away games than at the Amex.

5 at home, 6 away.

2 vs Barnsley (H)
2 vs Burnley (A)
1 vs Wednesday :lolol: (H)
1 vs Watford (A)
2 vs Leeds (H)
1 vs Wolves (A)
1 vs Charlton (A)
1 vs Ipswich (A)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I do think CMS does better away from home as teams don't sit so deep so he can use his pace to get behind the defence. I'm pretty sure he's scored a lot more goals in away games than at the Amex.

It's marginal.

This season
5 home
6 away

Last season
6 home
4 away

Overall
11 home
10 away

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really hope CMS scores, otherwise he's gonna get lambasted again.
He's going to get stiffed no matter what happens.

3 points should ease it a little.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Looks like Gus has got one eye on Saturday, which is a bit of a six pointer the way Bolton have been playing of late. Although three points is massive for ourselves tonight, as I can see Palace drawing and Boro possibly dropping points. It's a fine balancing act, but it's a big call to rest a man who has just scored a hat trick and must be brimming with confidence and also to bring Bridcutt straight back in. Sure he is a big player for us but two wins on the bounce without him and five goals to boot....mmmmmmm interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here