Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappello criticises FA over Terry

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
Seems to me things would be a lot simpler if the courts hadn't inexplicably decided to wait until july to hear the case. Should all have been done and dusted well before the euros but apparently they were worried that footballers might be a bit too busy to attend court before then... Not heard of many other occupations which are able to dicatate to a criminal court when a case should be heard.

In circumstances I can't see how terry can remain captain, but can't understand the fa position that it remains ok to pick him - ok to have an alleged racist in the team so long as he's not captain - WTF?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I've never seen such a bunch of bitterness in my life because of people's hatred as opposed to sensible discussion. This thread is officially embarrassing and I won't be paying a visit to it again. I feel quite ashamed to be amongst Brighton supporters by most of the comments on this thread.

OMG, I cant believe this.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've never seen such a bunch of bitterness in my life because of people's hatred as opposed to sensible discussion. This thread is officially embarrassing and I won't be paying a visit to it again. I feel quite ashamed to be amongst Brighton supporters by most of the comments on this thread.

The only bitterness I have is towards the FA, who couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

10 year olds playing 11 aside football on full size pitches tells you all you need to know about that spineless organisation I reckon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Seems to me things would be a lot simpler if the courts hadn't inexplicably decided to wait until july to hear the case. Should all have been done and dusted well before the euros but apparently they were worried that footballers might be a bit too busy to attend court before then... Not heard of many other occupations which are able to dicatate to a criminal court when a case should be heard.

In circumstances I can't see how terry can remain captain, but can't understand the fa position that it remains ok to pick him - ok to have an alleged racist in the team so long as he's not captain - WTF?

Spot on !

Typical FA fudging and fannying around on an issue instead of just getting on and sorting it out from the start. Useless they are, and Capello has every right to be angry I reckon.

Jan 18, 2012
Appalling handling of this situation by all involved...ridiculous court date set.why leave it till after the euros?! FA sacking terry without even consulting capello. why sack him now? if youre going to strip the captaincy, do it when he is charged? and now capello criticising his own bosses:facepalm:

any danger of some COMMON SENSE?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thankyou for your comments. They have been noted and sent to the right department and filed. Should you feel it necessary to post again please be aware you are likely to make a complete arse of yourself.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is a lot of crap on here. Firstly, in my opinion, the FA have proved themselves to be the idiots that they are on the basis that, whilst they came to the right decision, it should have been made when Terry was first charged (see Chris Huhne who resigned the day he was charged). Better still would have been for Terry to resign the captaincy when he was charged but alas the man has no class so that would not have crossed his mind.

As for all the vitriol against Capello, why? Ok you don't like the guy but where has he slagged off his bosses. He has merely said he doesn't agree with what they have done but he doesn't say that he is going to throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get his way. He goes after the Euros whether we win or not so why bring in someone else now. He has been a relatively successful manager for England albeit the players seem to shoot themselves in the foot for the last world cup, ie Terry and the former 'mrs' Bridge, Terry's infamous press conference on player power and that muppet Green allowing the yanks back into the game. Or is it just because he is italian and not the messiah, Harry!!!!

It's interesting to see how the Italian media are covering this story. The headline part of the story seems to be Capello's expectation that Juventus will win Serie A and that he is interested in managing an Italian club.

"Juve and Milan are the favorites for the championship. Juve have not only grit and determination, but also a great team spirit. Milan have more class, but without Ibrahimovic they might be missing something. So I say that Juve are the favourites".

"As for Roma? Roma can be trusted. When there is a new project there are risks, but with work and with improvements they can take off. The Giallorossi, however, still have defensive problems. Will I go to Roma? I know nothing, although I have a great relationship with Baldini. Inter? We talked, but they've done nothing and now there's nothing left".

It sounds to me like he'd be happy to be sacked by the FA.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Appalling handling of this situation by all involved...ridiculous court date set.why leave it till after the euros?! FA sacking terry without even consulting capello. why sack him now? if youre going to strip the captaincy, do it when he is charged? and now capello criticising his own bosses:facepalm:

any danger of some COMMON SENSE?

But you sum up yourself exactly why Capello has felt the need to criticise his bosses. I won't say it takes balls, as it's not like us risking our job - he's going soon anyway and he'll never want for money - but I'm glad he's spoken up rather than be a FA yes man.

Jan 18, 2012
But you sum up yourself exactly why Capello has felt the need to criticise his bosses. I won't say it takes balls, as it's not like us risking our job - he's going soon anyway and he'll never want for money - but I'm glad he's spoken up rather than be a FA yes man.

To be honest, i hadn't read capello's comments exactly but read on here that he slagged them off.i believed these people for some reason. i have now read the comments and agree with you. he's spoken up in a calm manner and hasn't criticised the fa, simply disagreed with them. he has been treated pretty poorly there. still handled atrociously all round.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
English national football is in a sorry old state isn't it? An aloof and awkward manager in charge of a bunch of unlikeable misfits many of whom are average to good at international level and certainly not world beaters. We have a dithering and hamstrung FA chaired by old men and dinosaurs who reel from crisis to crisis like mindless buffoons, and all this with the usual scandal and predictable media frenzy just before a major championship. England will perform to the usual script, they'll puff and bluster through the group stages looking unconvincing and lack lustre before limping through one or perhaps two of the knockout stages eventually succumbing to a defeat at the hands of a country that we've never liked. There will undoubtedly be a red card, dodgy penalty, disallowed goal, officiating disaster or some other such likely calamity that the media will sink their fangs into in the search for a scapegoat. The manager will be an expensive failure, ther will be much hand wringing and a national enquiry into the malaise of the English national team and well start all over again ready for the next tournament. Throughout all this, our pale scots enemy will delight in our demise whilst we similarly will mock them at their inability to even reach the required standard to be able to fail as miserably as us. And so the cycle continues.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It sounds to me like he'd be happy to be sacked by the FA.

He is England manager at the moment solely because the FA shovelled enough money his way to overcome any thoughts about going elsewhere - and did it before the competition (again). It made no footballing sense at all to keep him after the debacle of the World Cup. It makes a lot of sense if he is using this issue to force the issue with the FA.

Does anyone seriously believe that he thinks taking Terry as a footballer and captain to the Euros outweighs the divisive impact on the squad ?

I was really happy to have Capello originally - but he can feck right off.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think we're learning anything new here are we? The FA are clueless wankers, John Terry is a bit of a prat and Capello is demob happy and doesn't give a shit. *Sigh* Just another normal day on planet English Football.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
On BBC news now, sack the Italian twat if he doesn't like it

The FA should have left him to run HIS TEAM. They made the mistake of giving him the job. They should let him get on with it. JT has not been proven to have done anything wrong, and as such, should not have been stripped of the captaincy. There is nobody capable of replacing him - so why do it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Claiming to be undermined by the FA is a very convenient and ready made excuse for failing at the Euros.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here