Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carol Singers

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm (not so eagerly) awaiting the first ring on the doorbell over the next few days that is accompanied by a dreary, out-of-tune, out-of-time chorus of 'We wish you a Merry Christmas'...

Don't they know that they are more likely to be given money if they sing a different song or a couple of verses too?

Anyone had any decent, unusual or rude carol singers over the years?

Last edited:

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
My 11 year old son's out carol singing now with 2 of his mates now he just phoned me and said he's made £12 in an hour!

I think ill grab my coat and join him.

And yes i have told him to behave and not Knock on any doors with signs saying no unsolicited caller ect like i have on ours :lol:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Had a couple of teen boys at door over weekend. They were singing OK but usually when you open the door they stop and wait for the money.
I told them to hang on while I went to get some cash but told them to keep singing. Kept them waiting a couple of minutes and credit to them they
continued singing all the time.
When I got back to front door noticed one of their mums loitering in front of garage hoping not to be seen. Probably ensuring no dirty old man enticed them inside!!!:ohmy:

yorkgull

Sep 18, 2005
the north
I had 2 little gypsies singing out of tune with amazingly deep voices and miserable faces. They were accompanied by a toothless man! Was very impressed they didn't swear at me during their rendition!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are there people who actually try to line their own pockets by singing carols?

I don't mind it at all if they are doing it for charity, and indeed quite enjoy it, but I'd take a dim view if they weren't doing it for a good cause!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here