Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Casuals: The story of the Legendary Terrace Fashion.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Wisdens was just off West St ? where the trainer shop now is ? I remember going in there with my cousing and some school mates early 80's, rows of track suit tops upstairs!

Yes, top of Duke Street, used to spend hours in there,gawping at all the clobber I was saving up for[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I usually look for clothes in sales, there is a Twitter account called Man Savings, they put up links to many clothing and trainer sites, some very good bargains if you are quick.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Get the Lable.com

Most of its crap but usually find something that’s ok

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I usually look for clothes in sales, there is a Twitter account called Man Savings, they put up links to many clothing and trainer sites, some very good bargains if you are quick.

Have you tried Get the Lable.com

Most of its crap but usually find something that’s ok[/QUOTE]

Not heard of Get the Lable.com, I will have a look, thanks.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The pants are ok..especially now I have turned 50,plenty of support,stops me sitting on my nuts.[emoji23]

Was lucky enough to go on a Patcham Fawcett ski trip to Italy in 84, day after we beet Liverpool at the Goldstone, the lads in the 5th year did a supermarket sweep of the local sports/ski shops in Santa Caterina and then asked us youngsters to conceal the various Sergio Tacchini , Fila & Ellesse track tops and coats, I got a La Coste polo shirt for helping out, was well chuffed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Potters definitely, talking of Farah trousers I’m sure they sold hundreds of pairs in the early 80s, also before the casuals Harrington jackets and Sta-Prest trousers were popular ( for [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION] ) :) and Potters was the place to go.

Wisdens and David Rose Sports by the 7 Dials.
I had a pair of Adidas Milano, blue with gold stripes in 83, I went into David Rose and the salesman said he hadn’t seen them before, I think I got them off a neighbour’s pay weekly club book. :)
I think there were a few shops near the Clock Tower in Queens Road that sold Adidas.

Hollingbury Golf Club shop for Pringle or Lyle & Scott jumpers.

Also Hayward Heath Sunday market, a chap had some under the counter clothing occasionally :wink:

I used to love the Hollingbury Golf Club house when it was in the woods just up from Stanmer Villas, that club shop was mustard!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Farah pants & Pringle jumpers on display here, not to mention some absolute dire haircuts...
Is this the Goldstone ?

Attachments

• 325878611c91c108699ee60b01621e10.jpg
    325878611c91c108699ee60b01621e10.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 128

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is legendary terrace fashion, most would run a mile now, never mind cross the road....

Attachments

• 1970-tottenham-hotspurs-skinheads.jpg
    1970-tottenham-hotspurs-skinheads.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 1979-stevenage-skins-10.jpg
    1979-stevenage-skins-10.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 776bfc9c9f0328b2a5b73501f3e7741f.jpg
    776bfc9c9f0328b2a5b73501f3e7741f.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 141

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Farah pants & Pringle jumpers on display here, not to mention some absolute dire haircuts...
Is this the Goldstone ?

Yes it’s the Goldstone v Sheffield United, that’s the Sheffield United fans to the right, there are a few photos online from that day.

Farah “ pants “ ??? you’re not in America now. :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Was lucky enough to go on a Patcham Fawcett ski trip to Italy in 84, day after we beet Liverpool at the Goldstone, the lads in the 5th year did a supermarket sweep of the local sports/ski shops in Santa Caterina and then asked us youngsters to conceal the various Sergio Tacchini , Fila & Ellesse track tops and coats, I got a La Coste polo shirt for helping out, was well chuffed!

Typical Fawcett boys :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You just adapt the clothing age appropriately, many pieces are timeless Lacoste for example, it’s always been an interest of mine and still like to hunt out something from the norm you wouldn’t catch me in dressed in M&S :)

Good man.

You can't beat a nice pair of M&S underpants, though. ???

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Where was your shop of choice as a yoof?
Mine were Potters, swift sports and Wisdens, also as I said earlier, used to love looking around sports shops abroad.

I used stuarts shepards Bush , had to be a bit careful carrying there bags after shopping, you became targeted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here