Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chaplow

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
He is exactly the kind of player you need. Not afraid to hustle, put his foot in and works hard for the team! he's there to ruffle feathers and get into opposition players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You do have to say that was some header for the winner !

I thought the thread was about Chaplow and the goalscorer with the header was from Fonte but should have been won by El Abd but still a good header froma direct punt from the defence with nothing to do with Chaplow.

To get back to the subject he should have been booked over an hour before he was as he left his foot in on nearly every tackle but as I have said he was allowed to do so by a ref that was awful and did not apply the laws of football correctly at all.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
To get back to the subject he should have been booked over an hour before he was as he left his foot in on nearly every tackle but as I have said he was allowed to do so by a ref that was awful and did not apply the laws of football correctly at all.

At last ! I was begining to think that I was the only one that thought he was only there as timekeeper. Chaplow could have gone before half time.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Absolutely agree on Chaplow. He should have been booked for the first late challenge on Ankergren and then been sent off for the second one. Southampton as a whole were quite happy to leave their foot in late and could have had more bookings (whereas El Abd got booked for a tackle that was not as bad as some of theirs).

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
You can see in one of the pics that is simultaneously giving Ankergren a left hook whilst leaving his foot in Ankergren's groin. No wonder the big Dane was upset with the challenge!!

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
We have Bridcutt who does all that yet isn't dirty and can pass a ball.

But does he get under the oppositions skin? no. By all accounts your team are far too 'nice'. Get a couple of players that put themselves about and you'll be sorted.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Chaplow was a fooking disgrace! Should never have been allowed to finish the game. What a donkey! As said above, look at Bridcutt for a tough midfielder with some quality. That said, I'm not suggesting he was the reason we didn't win the game, we weren't good enough on the day.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
& why was no one booked for incitement/timewasting when they ran 20 odd yards behind the goal whilst removing their shirts after they scored the winner?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He was a f***ing disgrace, wish Abd wasn't so composed and belted him one for constantly getting up in his face trying to wind him up :wanker:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
& why was no one booked for incitement/timewasting when they ran 20 odd yards behind the goal whilst removing their shirts after they scored the winner?

He was booked when he got back to the centre circle.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Get rid mate. He would be a liability in the Championship. One of the worst players I've seen at Withdean this season.

Have to say I thought he was alright and did his job well. Has had an up and down season, looked the best player on the pitch against United but has had some shockers recently. We will get a new CM in the NPC anyway (if we get there) and Schneiderlin will be back as well who is the mutts nuts when on form.

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
0,,10280~9611730,00.jpg

I like this one the most.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
One view could be that the SCC Gallery is pretty comprehensive, with so many photos. Another view could be that they've really milked it, especially with so many photos of their 2nd goal...from at least 3 different angles.

At the time, I wondered how many SCC Players would get booked for running off the pitch after their 2nd goal. Was it just Fonte? If so, the Ref is an even bigger arse than I originally thought considring there is photographic eveidence of 3 or more SCC players committing a bookable offence.

I hope the Ref got slaughtered for his lack of performance on Saturday, especially bordering on inciting the home support after the penalty shout. With his "knowing smile" and gesticulating, he just about stopped himself from giving us the finger!!

I mentioned on another thread how I felt he turned a blind eye to their illegal and rough handed tactics. The lino on the South side also seemed desperate to avoid giving us corners when these were blatantly obvious.

Perhaps someone from the Club needs to remind the Refs Association that we'll have many more TV cameras at the Amex, so they won't be able to get away with such inept / unprofessional performances?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here