Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Athletic vs Swindon Town

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Thank f*** for that! Thought we would get thumped. Good performance and all without our best player and captain douglas. Hopefully, our season began tonight

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Agreed, he's a great striker, but no way is he "the best by miles". However Pilkington is a winger is he not?

He is a winger.

Lets not beat about the bush here,Austin is the best striker in this league and by some distance.He also has age on his side.Ask any fan of a league 1 club which striker they would like from this league and i bet Austin comes out top.Austin is also better then Murray i'm affraid even know they are different types of strikers.
Murray when on form is different class but with Murray he blows hot and cold.Austin always seems to be on the score sheet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Murray when on form is different class but with Murray he blows hot and cold.Austin always seems to be on the score sheet.

He only has 12 to Murray's 11, and Murray brings a lot more besides.

I don't think there's a lot between them to be honest. Would love to see them here together...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Barnes is doing pretty well actually. Nine goals even after being relegated to the bench is pretty good. If he could improve his finishing he could hopefully become as good if not better than Austin.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here