Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
To be fair, this is the first game where we have been completely outplayed. City picked us off as they do, but we played well. Every other match we have competed very well, but have been unlucky/careless. I genuinely think Conolly will do well against the lower half teams if he gets the starts.

Yeah, you're right. I think the injuries are taking its toll now. Missed propper today. Cant wait to have trossard back - hopefully soon.

It's taken an hour or so but I'm already starting to feel positive again... A long way to go yet...

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Good first half. Chelsea there for the taking. I thought we were in for a point 2nd half but Webster (I think it was him for the penalty) and a stupid cross field ball by Dunk put paid to that.

theboybilly

Footballs better - results the same - gonna be a long old season. Did anyone really think we wouldn’t be in a relegation scrap? Chelsea should have been out of sight by half time. Terrible mistake from Webster but that’s how we play now. Although I thought the idea was to try and beat the high press. Sometimes they need to boot it away. I think we’ll just stay up. Would like to see Murray paired with Maupay at some point. Thought we missed Propper as well. Mooy yet to convince.

Chelsea pressed straight from the kick off and we did well to weather it. Albion played so me nice stuff but we are too frightened to shoot. We lost to unfortunate penalty given away after a slip and Dunk's unnecessary long ball attempt put us under needless pressure allowing William to score with a deflected shot. We played well at times but need more confidence to risk a shot. Chelsea are no Man City that's for sure

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think that GP needs to have a rethink on his tactics as the 3 CBs at the back isnt working. and as the pundit on NBC said we are too predictable and easy to beat.

But we've been beaten by man city and chelsea away. And only got beat by Southampton because of andone being a ****. And even then we were arguably the better team. Other than those games, we've been the better team and missed chances have meant not winning, not conceding goals.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
But we've been beaten by man city and chelsea away. And only got beat by Southampton because of andone being a ****. And even then we were arguably the better team. Other than those games, we've been the better team and missed chances have meant not winning, not conceding goals.

Sorry but we are not missing chances, at least not sitters, we are just not creating any decent openings. 2 goals in last 6 games is actually a fair reflection of real chances created.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Agree but we have tinkered with a back four that didn’t need touching and missed the chance of improving midfield where we score zero goals and ended up with a 36year old an u23 and a unproven championship player to get us over the line strange to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree but we have tinkered with a back four that didn’t need touching and missed the chance of improving midfield where we score zero goals and ended up with a 36year old an u23 and a unproven championship player to get us over the line strange to say the least

It needed tinkering at RB, Montoya can’t defend, even loyal CH ditched him in the end after shocking non-defensive displays earlier this year.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
It needed tinkering at RB, Montoya can’t defend, even loyal CH ditched him in the end after shocking non-defensive displays earlier this year.

And yet he still gets picked .Had this discussion in car on way home and all four of us would still have Duffy in the starting line ( injury aside) . Goal threat at set pieces . But still no goals from midfield and not replaced a 36 year old and hoping the other two will b enough as well it’s just so strange in how it’s changed in a few games when At Watford we about £100 million on the bench to Burnley when we had 3 u23’s

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
0-2 to a side that got their first Premier League home win. Ok.

Something's not right. October is a huge month for the club.

Chelsea at homd have played Sheff Utd in their first game back in the Prem, a Leicester team that will go third with a win tomorrow and Liverpool who have won 7 from 7. We haven't been stuffed 0-8 like Watford against City last week. If you think we SHOULD get something away at Chelsea then you are delusional I'm afraid. They are paying 18 year olds more than our highest earners!

We were a crossbar away from equalising which would have turned the game on its head and who knows what would have happened. We didn't score and Chelsea scored a second that on another day gets deflected for a corner. A lot of over reacting on here tonight in my opinion. In general I think we are playing our best football since we've been in the Premier League, we just need to learn to be more clinical.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very odd day, we were back of lower tier behind the goal and ordered to sit down but could not see the goal in front of us as the lot infront around two steps down were allowed to stand.

Will avoid the lower tier if we go there again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And yet he still gets picked .Had this discussion in car on way home and all four of us would still have Duffy in the starting line ( injury aside) . Goal threat at set pieces . But still no goals from midfield and not replaced a 36 year old and hoping the other two will b enough as well it’s just so strange in how it’s changed in a few games when At Watford we about £100 million on the bench to Burnley when we had 3 u23’s

Radio Sussex made fair comment post match - said Montoya was bullied out of it by every Chelsea opponent he came up against in moments eg Willian, and they mentioned others too. Partly mitigated they said as Gross also had a poor game and offered no support.

The last great RW/RB partnership for us was at Championship level, Bruno and Knockaert. Pace to burn, both fought in attack and defence as one, the positional sense of Bruno.

Sigh, it would be great to be sorted down the right flank again.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Radio Sussex made fair comment post match - said Montoya was bullied out of it by every Chelsea opponent he came up against in moments eg Willian, and they mentioned others too. Partly mitigated they said as Gross also had a poor game and offered no support.

The last great RW/RB partnership for us was at Championship level, Bruno and Knockaert. Pace to burn, both fought in attack and defence as one, the positional sense of Bruno.

Sigh, it would be great to be sorted down the right flank again.

Can only dream of having knocky still in our team better then anything we have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here