Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas & Delivery Companies

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hats of to DPD. Ordered something from Scotland 11am Friday Arrived Saturday 2pm

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Imagine my excitement when this morning I got a text from DHL saying my parcel will be delivered between 2;23 and 3;23. Then an email from Evri saying two parcels will be delivered today. I could hardly contain myself.

DHL showed online that my driver was on drop 38 and mine was 45. Then nothing.

Evri updated to we have your parcels
DHL sent an email good news your local depot has received your package.

WTF

Meanwhile a simple order last night of bog rolls from Amazon duly turned up at midday. So at least I can wipe my arse.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Imagine my excitement when this morning I got a text from DHL saying my parcel will be delivered between 2;23 and 3;23. Then an email from Evri saying two parcels will be delivered today. I could hardly contain myself.

DHL showed online that my driver was on drop 38 and mine was 45. Then nothing.

Evri updated to we have your parcels
DHL sent an email good news your local depot has received your package.

WTF

Meanwhile a simple order last night of bog rolls from Amazon duly turned up at midday. So at least I can wipe my arse.
Have been drop 160 whilst the driver is on drop 35 and he turned up within a hour, assuming any accuracy, someone’s taken a very big order or he’s literally throwing them out the window

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Have used parcelforce 48 twice last week to send things and they delivered. In 48 hours

Haven't bought anything this month. Apart from a scooter, which got delivered inside a week.

I refuse to use amazon.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Evri update this morning my packages out for delivery today AGAIN.

Another day full of excitement.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Unless the company you ordered from control the weather then I’m not quite sure why you’d get a refund.
Paid for a 48 hour delivery and still waiting as of 22:35 this Sunday. Contract broken. You saying I should not receive a refund??

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I got a delivery :O :O :O :O :O :O

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Lazy royal mail ***** 1st class taking 10 days. Great for excuses though "did you get my Christmas card". Agree re Evri. Completely useless. Annoyingly Amazon sometimes use them and not clear until its too late.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
1671416292285.png

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Courier delays are down to a couple of things, one of them is the Royal Mail strikes. People who use Royal Mail have had turned to other couriers to get their goods delivered.

The other is because Amazon depots are completely full. Couriers who deliver to Amazon have limited volume they can deliver because Amazon can't store it currently. This putting huge pressure on couriers because they then end up having to store these goods in vehicles at their hubs. This takes those vehicles out of action and means they can't collect as much from their customers.

This bottle neck has created delays of up to 4 days in some areas of the UK.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Courier delays are down to a couple of things, one of them is the Royal Mail strikes. People who use Royal Mail have had turned to other couriers to get their goods delivered.

The other is because Amazon depots are completely full. Couriers who deliver to Amazon have limited volume they can deliver because Amazon can't store it currently. This putting huge pressure on couriers because they then end up having to store these goods in vehicles at their hubs. This takes those vehicles out of action and means they can't collect as much from their customers.

This bottle neck has created delays of up to 4 days in some areas of the UK.
If you say Amazon depots are full how come they are still able to make every delivery as stated when ordered, yet others it's a lottery. Amazon must be able to turn things around with great efficiency. I will say the only thing I've noticed is they state often an extra day but nonetheless it arrives as stated. My M&S order was dispatched the day of order but took 11 days with Evri yet I'd paid extra for a dated delivery.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure the Amazon thing is accurate, ordered a couple of bits recently and I think the cut off for next day has been a bit variable / early but no issues with prime delivery items. Although have noticed a lot of things are more expensive than other shops / retailers so my spend there this year is well down

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
If you say Amazon depots are full how come they are still able to make every delivery as stated when ordered, yet others it's a lottery. Amazon must be able to turn things around with great efficiency. I will say the only thing I've noticed is they state often an extra day but nonetheless it arrives as stated. My M&S order was dispatched the day of order but took 11 days with Evri yet I'd paid extra for a dated delivery.

Amazon deliver most their goods themselves. They rarely use 3rd party couriers.

Deliveries into Amazon are taking up to two weeks, I know one courier company in the South East has 130 trailers full with consignments for Amazon that they can't deliver because they do not have space for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here